Author Topic: Beautiful Pictures  (Read 17936 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Beautiful Pictures
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2019, 08:13:17 PM »
I marvel at the small roadside memorials people have established/maintained for friends and/or family killed in an accident at the site.  Most are not elaborate or, in some cases not even much to look at, but the sentiment expressed is beautiful.  I've seen some that have been in place for nearly 30 years, and always seem to have new flowers or other adornments.
@Kingfish Yeah there are many of these dedication sites not far off any beaten path. Unfortunate, but these types of monuments are necessary.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2019, 08:22:15 PM »
The story behind this very small lake is really something. Originally it was not a lake, it was just a normal, flat forested area. Back in 1961 there was a crew out here (in the picture) they were clearing for a logging camp. They had all kinds of the heavy duty equipment for such a job and I assume things were business as usual, for a while..  What you're looking at is a very large sinkhole. The crew had to jump off whatever equipment they were on as everyone fled. Must have been a freaky scene as the ground was dropping out and water started rushing in. Most of them made it out safely, but not all.

We take Vera here to run around as we enjoy a cigar or two. It's a beautiful view on a sunny day.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »
I took a picture of moonrise during a partial lunar eclipse tonight. Throne the eyepiece of half of my binoculars with my iPhone hand held ... not as easy as it sounds!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2021, 04:18:07 PM »