Author Topic: Natural Phenomena. Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis, Etc.  (Read 47369 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Natural Phenomena. Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis, Etc.
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2018, 10:19:01 PM »
Reckon from pressures (or whatever) from the storms heading into FLA somehow or due the rivers heading down and weird rain in Hill Country, or both?

I think more of a “spring” tide. (Not season) coupled with winds from the south for 4 days. Although north of houston in the Trinity watershed did get a lot of training rain this evening/afternoon.
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:22 PM »
I think more of a “spring” tide. (Not season) coupled with winds from the south for 4 days. Although north of houston in the Trinity watershed did get a lot of training rain this evening/afternoon.
We had some big rains but pop-up and not long but dump when happen. But as mentioned some areas had some bad ones....hope  your area will be ok.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »
Fucking piece of shit living on the frikking bayou sucks. I was putting all my energy into protecting @21st Century Man and the tide came up 4 1/2’ above normal and flooded the downstairs and the pool. Luckily I moved the vehicles out when the water started coming into the road. It hasn’t even rained a drop today. I’m goad I looked out. I had to go down and retrieve some floating gas cans, one of which dumped and grab all the pool toys. And turn off the pool pump. Man I am pissed. But I got to do it all naked. That part was fun.

Sorry to hear that, Grav.  Skinnydipping is only fun when other people are watching.  You never know when something is going to take a bite out of ya.

Michael is now a Cat 4, 130mph.  Not worried too much.  Supposed to veer off towards South Carolina after making landfall on the panhandle.  Savannah is going to have a hell of a time though.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2018, 11:22:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Grav.  Skinnydipping is only fun when other people are watching.  You never know when something is going to take a bite out of ya.

Michael is now a Cat 4, 130mph.  Not worried too much.  Supposed to veer off towards South Carolina after making landfall.  Savannah is going to have a hell of a time though.

I disagree. Skinny dipping is nirvana.

I didn’t like it in high school. Some sick bastard on the school board decided it would be enlightening to have all of the boys swim naked in gym class. Still not sure what that was about. It wasn’t nirvana then.
Are we having fun yet?

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2018, 06:06:52 AM »

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »
Live Stream.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »
Lake LBG, supposed level lake, gonna be up 9 feet or so. Boats and docks damaged and lots floating about. Evacuations in some areas. More deaths. Fires. As rain floods travel downstream more flooding expected.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/live-blog-colorado-llano-river-flooding-updates/1528027267

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
Lake LBG, supposed level lake, gonna be up 9 feet or so. Boats and docks damaged and lots floating about. Evacuations in some areas. More deaths. Fires. As rain floods travel downstream more flooding expected.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/live-blog-colorado-llano-river-flooding-updates/1528027267
Evacuations:

Active evacuations:

Llano: Residents within 1/4 of a mile of the Llano River (Shelters at Kingsland Community Center, First Baptist Church, and Inman's Kitchen)
    Marble Falls: Live Oak, Lakeshore Drive, Pecan Circle, Backbone, Barrier Lane, Louise, Edith, So. Ave. J, 2147 W, Waterside and RV Park (Shelters at the City of Meadowlakes City Hall and Marble Falls Middle School)
    Granite Shoals: lakefront residents (Shelter at the First Baptist Church at 505 S. Phillips Ranch Road)
    Shady River RV Park on the San Gabriel River east of Georgetown
    Horseshoe Bay: Residents on Lighthouse Drive, part of Island Drive to Goose Point, and Wenmohs
    Highland Haven on Lake LBJ

Stupid school bus driver, former school bus driver:

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/child-rescued-after-leander-isd-bus-was-swept-away-driver-arrested/1528763474

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2018, 04:54:17 AM »
Acqua Alta in Venice yesterday ...

High tides and scirocco winds and rain ... this is the season for it .. and it’s quite normal for Venice to flood a little during now and April - but this was an exceptional one.

Another high tide and winds and rain due on the 3rd.

I am taking my waders.

Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »
Acqua Alta in Venice yesterday ...

High tides and scirocco winds and rain ... this is the season for it .. and it’s quite normal for Venice to flood a little during now and April - but this was an exceptional one.

Another high tide and winds and rain due on the 3rd.

I am taking my waders.

Speaking of Venice and such places:
https://www.economist.com/international/2018/10/27/the-backlash-against-overtourism

There is a Tornado Watch in the adjacent Counties. Not good for kids trick or treating...

albrecht

• Ellightened
Wildfires
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2018, 05:57:39 PM »
Good luck to all nearby the various wild-fires in Cali. Malibu devastated, highways shut down, near by to other areas and mandatory evacuations. And fires in other areas also. Never seems to end.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/channel/322-live/

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2018, 06:57:14 PM »

albrecht

• Ellightened
Meteor?
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
Supposedly there was a big meteor and sonic boom over the Austin area this evening. I did not see or hear it but local weather guy says he got several reports and encouraging anyone with video to submit it and he has placed calls to NOAA etc about it.

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Meteor?
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2018, 10:18:16 AM »
Supposedly there was a big meteor and sonic boom over the Austin area this evening. I did not see or hear it but local weather guy says he got several reports and encouraging anyone with video to submit it and he has placed calls to NOAA etc about it.

A bit strange because several minutes after people started to report it? Some videos below on the fireball/meteor:

https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather-blog/fireball-lights-up-central-texas-sky/1600877033