Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 62896 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Major League Baseball
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:43:40 PM »
I know it's late in the season but I can't believe we didn't start a thread for baseball earlier.  Anyway...

I saw today the Cubs acquired Daniel Murphy from the Nationals.  :o  WTF! and Why!?

As a Pirates fan, this hurts.  The rich get richer.  I know it's a rental, but still.  :(

Akwilly

• KIDD
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »
I wasn't a big baseball fan but dang I find myself watching every Mariners game. Great announcers and fun yet frustrating team. Just need another sweep of the Astros!

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
I wasn't a big baseball fan but dang I find myself watching every Mariners game. Great announcers and fun yet frustrating team. Just need another sweep of the Astros!

Great to see you, willy!!  ;D
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 02:21:26 PM »

Hey man, good to see you!  What you need to do is listen to a Pirates game during spring training.  Your guy Doc Emrick does a few.  8)  He's a huge Buccos fan.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »
Has anybody watched a Baltimore O's game this season? Poor Buck Showalter, my god the looks of horror, anger, frustration and disgust on his face are worth the price of admission. Tonight playing the Jays he looked like he wanted wanted to just hang his head in his hands and get drunk. F*ing hilarious.  Feel bad for O's fans this year. As far as the Jays go, they've got some work to do for 2019.

There is no stopping the Sox (the red ones) this year. Can't say I'm happy about it, but it's a fact, Jack!

I know it's late in the season but I can't believe we didn't start a thread for baseball earlier.  Anyway...

I saw today the Cubs acquired Daniel Murphy from the Nationals.  :o  WTF! and Why!?

As a Pirates fan, this hurts.  The rich get richer.  I know it's a rental, but still.  :(

+1 on you for starting the thread.

Jackstar

• Cuckshacker
  • KNYE
  • Think about the future.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 09:17:16 PM »
I know it's late in the season but

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 09:26:42 PM »

Because they are 2-3 over their last 5 games and have scored a total of 5 runs all by solo homeruns.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 07:49:04 AM »
Has anybody watched a Baltimore O's game this season? Poor Buck Showalter, my god the looks of horror, anger, frustration and disgust on his face are worth the price of admission. Tonight playing the Jays he looked like he wanted wanted to just hang his head in his hands and get drunk. F*ing hilarious.  Feel bad for O's fans this year. As far as the Jays go, they've got some work to do for 2019.

A buddy of mine is a huge lifelong O's fan.  I think the season they had short circuited part of his brain because he really let it get to him.  Seeing his growing frustration as the season went on was funny to me.  As a lifelong Buccos fan, I can empathize.

Showalter will be gone after the season.  They'd be wise to dump Duquette as well.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
Because they are 2-3 over their last 5 games and have scored a total of 5 runs all by solo homeruns.

Pirates are in the same boat! They should've made the claim on him if they really are serious about grabbing that last wild card spot..  Our team is devoid of professional hitters.  These guess just swing away.  Murphy in the 3 hole would've been nice.  Heck, they could lead him off too.  Oh well.  Your Cubbies are going to be good for a long time with or without Murphy.  I don't know what the Pirates are.

Jackstar

• Cuckshacker
  • KNYE
  • Think about the future.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »
Pirates are in the same boat!

I see what you did there. This is riveting stuff.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »
Chris Davis went 3 for 5 today and raised his batting average to .173

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8285/

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »
https://theathletic.com/508164/2018/09/06/breaking-fox-sport-detroits-mario-impemba-and-rod-allen-involved-in-physical-altercation/

Sources: Fox Sports Detroit’s Mario Impemba and Rod Allen involved in physical altercation

I've often wondered how baseball talking heads hold it together for 160+ multi-hour broadcasts with all the travel etc., especially following a team with a losing record.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 03:51:50 PM »
https://theathletic.com/508164/2018/09/06/breaking-fox-sport-detroits-mario-impemba-and-rod-allen-involved-in-physical-altercation/

Sources: Fox Sports Detroit’s Mario Impemba and Rod Allen involved in physical altercation

I've often wondered how baseball talking heads hold it together for 160+ multi-hour broadcasts with all the travel etc., especially following a team with a losing record.

Some how I don't see Paul Carey and Ernie Harwell duking it out, nor do I see George Kell and Al Kaline doing so either.
Then again those guys were gentleman that had class.   

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »
Some how I don't see Paul Carey and Ernie Harwell duking it out, nor do I see George Kell and Al Kaline doing so either.
Then again those guys were gentleman that had class.   

I admire BB guys n enjoy good ones due to like audio, the stories, etc. But I really appreciate Hockey guys. Ability for fast play by play, still add color, and deal with French n Slavic names and throw in local commercials!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »
I admire BB guys n enjoy good ones due to like audio, the stories, etc. But I really appreciate Hockey guys. Ability for fast play by play, still add color, and deal with French n Slavic names and throw in local commercials!

Oh yeah.  I was blessed that I grew up listening to Bruce Martyn.   He was awesome