Author Topic: West Fires Are Causing the "Heat Wave"...  (Read 3531 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
West Fires Are Causing the "Heat Wave"...
« on: July 28, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
Funny the heat wave weather forecast near Portland, Oregon seems to change with the status of forest fires.  This area never has this many weeks of scorching temperatures.

Fires are increasing in our country in general at an alarming rate.  When I was young, it was very rare to see evidence of fires along Interstate 5.  Now, there are handfuls of spots.  Are people STILL tossing lit smokes out windows? Utterly stupid!

Regarding arson, I advocate for cruel and unusual punishment for those convicted, when the conviction is undebatable.  Same with terrorism.  Including mass shootings.  Society-detroying crimes have gotten out of hand.  We could use a dose of Japanese or Arabian discipline.

Forest fires have always existed, but not on the scale of the last few years.  Something is very wrong and out of balance.

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: West Fires Are Causing the "Heat Wave"...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »
I read that tobacco companies can market inflammable cigarette butts, but won't do it!

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 05:57:53 PM »
I read that tobacco companies can market inflammable cigarette butts, but won't do it!

They have "e" cigarettes and by law cigarettes will go out if not drawn upon (no more is that bad tv show put a cigarette in a book of matches and use as a fuse.)

According to one report one of the bad fires was a faulty car, in other cases illegals (one, I think Colorado, for sure) and campfires etc. Tractors cause them. Chains from trailers being too loose. Discarded cigarette or joints. Even bad wiring or downed lines due to wind etc. Or criminal firebugs who 'get off' on them. I recall "migrants," the European version of illegals, have caused some, or alleged to have done so, in Spain and Greece over the years. Places are dry and hot. More and more people come in and also live in what was woods. Brush and trees not cleared for decades due to "environmental concerns." And cycles of big rain (big undergrowth) followed by no rain (now lots of dry brush and small trees.)  Add careless or criminally intent humans and it is a bad mix. Some of those fires in CA are crazy. Fire tornadoes. And the one in Greece where people had to jump off into the sea to escape? Crazy.

yorkshire pud

• KDWN
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 06:37:30 PM »
These fires have extended to the Arctic circle in Sweden.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »
Greeks spent up to two hours in water over their head! 

I didn't know the arctic gets hot in the summer, but it does.

It just seems like every year is worse.  When I was young, smoke from California never reached the Portland or Seattle area, but not too long ago the air was extremely thick with it.  I didn't know my "baseline" respiratory health in woodsmoke, because having asthma I avoid smoke.  It went alright, I know my "baseline" response to such wood smoke now.  But I wished they'd slowed down the airport to compensate for the added pollution.  You could see it just a few feet away, like being near a smoky campfire.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 10:57:33 PM »
You couldn't light a fire here in Georgia and get it to burn.  Everything is so wet.  Our summer hasn't been very hot at all.  90 has been the highest temperature here and most of the other days not as hot but very humid.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 11:14:00 PM »
You couldn't light a fire here in Georgia and get it to burn.  Everything is so wet.  Our summer hasn't been very hot at all.  90 has been the highest temperature here and most of the other days not as hot but very humid.
Actually, that's encouraging to hear!  Although humidity is also a thing! 

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 06:11:04 AM »
They have "e" cigarettes and by law cigarettes will go out if not drawn upon (no more is that bad tv show put a cigarette in a book of matches and use as a fuse.)

According to one report one of the bad fires was a faulty car, in other cases illegals (one, I think Colorado, for sure) and campfires etc. Tractors cause them. Chains from trailers being too loose. Discarded cigarette or joints. Even bad wiring or downed lines due to wind etc. Or criminal firebugs who 'get off' on them. I recall "migrants," the European version of illegals, have caused some, or alleged to have done so, in Spain and Greece over the years. Places are dry and hot. More and more people come in and also live in what was woods. Brush and trees not cleared for decades due to "environmental concerns." And cycles of big rain (big undergrowth) followed by no rain (now lots of dry brush and small trees.)  Add careless or criminally intent humans and it is a bad mix. Some of those fires in CA are crazy. Fire tornadoes. And the one in Greece where people had to jump off into the sea to escape? Crazy.
how about when people try to clear said brush and dead trees and are stopped by a federal lawsuit by the environ-mentalists? the environ-mentalists never get any blame for these fires being so large due to them suing to stop things like controlled burns, brush clearing, logging (which done responsibly is fine) and other means of clearing fuel from forest floors.
note: prior to the white mans agenda of putting out all fires, the forests had little undergrowth and fires still happened, but were just grass fires and not the conflagrations we see today. also the "forest" was such that "a horse could run through it at a full gallop" and not like today where its hard to walk a horse through it.
ps: this is in the western us where i live.

tldr: if we dont manage these forests, mother nature will, usually by fire.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

yorkshire pud

• KDWN
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 08:49:30 AM »
The big fires just north of here in Redding have turned the sky a strange pink/yellow colour and we can smell the smoke. It must be terrible for the people up there. The 747 'firetruck' is at McClellan again and no doubt being pressed into service with the Tristars.

It doesn't help that 99% of the buildings are made from wood coated in stucco, there's no chance they'll stand up to fire for any length of time, long enough for anyone inside to escape. Terrible that two firefighters and a great grandmother and her two g/grandchildren have lost their lives.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 10:50:29 AM »
Greeks spent up to two hours in water over their head! 

I didn't know the arctic gets hot in the summer, but it does.

It just seems like every year is worse.  When I was young, smoke from California never reached the Portland or Seattle area, but not too long ago the air was extremely thick with it.  I didn't know my "baseline" respiratory health in woodsmoke, because having asthma I avoid smoke.  It went alright, I know my "baseline" response to such wood smoke now.  But I wished they'd slowed down the airport to compensate for the added pollution.  You could see it just a few feet away, like being near a smoky campfire.

Smoke etc can go along way. We get smoke when they burn forests in Mexico etc. And now we are getting "dust" from Africa! Warnings for people with allergies, bad immune systems, respiratory issues, etc.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local-news/african-dust-making-its-way-to-parts-of-central-texas-this-week/1266033769

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:01 AM »
Smoke etc can go along way. We get smoke when they burn forests in Mexico etc. And now we are getting "dust" from Africa! Warnings for people with allergies, bad immune systems, respiratory issues, etc.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local-news/african-dust-making-its-way-to-parts-of-central-texas-this-week/1266033769

We get smoke in Houston when they burn the sugarcane fields in Mexico.
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 12:33:29 AM »
A lot to think about! 

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 05:52:00 AM »
Did anybody listen to Ground Zero last night? The theory that the fires have been started by directed energy weapons was discussed. They also talked about fires that are happening world wide being blamed on climate change are really fires started by a combination of decades of geoengineering and current use of energy weapons.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 12:20:12 AM »
Did anybody listen to Ground Zero last night? The theory that the fires have been started by directed energy weapons was discussed. They also talked about fires that are happening world wide being blamed on climate change are really fires started by a combination of decades of geoengineering and current use of energy weapons.
Oh my.

Jackstar

• Cuckshacker
  • KNYE
  • Think about the future.
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »
fires started by a combination of decades of geoengineering and current use of energy weapons

Proof Antigrav Drones Start Fires With Lightning

Seems legit.