Author Topic: Breaking News October 16, 2018 Youtube Down?  (Read 6704 times)

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
Re: Breaking News October 16, 2018 Youtube Down?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »

Ok.  I have been trying to figure out why the heck my screen is just black and I cannot watch any YouTube videos on my iPhone or iPad.  Happy to read it isn't just me.  Wish I saw this a half an hour ago.  Lol
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Breaking News October 16, 2018 Youtube Back Up
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 07:52:24 PM »
Main page and Falkie video is back. Hopefully things are OK again. Its like when you think you got rid of the hiccups and there is still one inside that gets you a minute later.
Isn't that when you didn't the whole glass upside-down or figured the scare wasn't real?

Somehow, I want this youtube deal to be an anonomous thing? Or PLA, hacked Hillary SD n closet server, Norks, Russians, even AJ or AI, etc but still funny. Screw em. Too bad up.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
Re: Breaking News October 16, 2018 Yotube kind of back
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »

Ok.  I have been trying to figure out why the heck my screen is just black and I cannot watch any YouTube videos on my iPhone or iPad.  Happy to read it isn't just me.  Wish I saw this a half an hour ago.  Lol

Maybe the mobile videos come through a different sever? Or it might be geographic - different local nodes might not all be back.

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
Re: October 16, 2018 Youtube Outage
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »
Breaking news again! At least partly so far. Its back. World breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Their homepage is still down here, but the Falkie video worked for a minute. Ironic that I would be happy to see him...
yes,  thank God Youtube is back...  :) and that i have not been banned   8)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »
And weird when you go you get message "feed account?"  But enjoy bliss....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GImxiaeXr9Q

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 08:13:57 PM »
And weird when you go you get message "feed account?"  But enjoy bliss....

You have to edit out the “m.” In the link
Are we having fun yet?

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 08:30:37 PM »
That was scary, I thought maybe Falkie was going to have to find a new career

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
Re: Breaking News October 16, 2018 Yotube kind of back
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
Maybe the mobile videos come through a different sever? Or it might be geographic - different local nodes might not all be back.

It's working for me now, too. 
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
Yesterdays Youtube Outage - No Explanation
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 11:58:16 AM »
Old news now, but its a bit of a surprise that youtube has not offered any explanation to what happened yesterday to knock down service worldwide. If I were to take a guess it would make them look vulnerable if they admit they were hacked and make them look inept if it was something internal. I think the truth will eventually make its way out.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
Old news now, but its a bit of a surprise that youtube has not offered any explanation to what happened yesterday to knock down service worldwide. If I were to take a guess it would make them look vulnerable if they admit they were hacked and make them look inept if it was something internal. I think the truth will eventually make its way out.
apparently a pakistani isp that was following a pakistani govt directive to block youtube mis-configured something and it propagated to the entire internet, blacking out youtube to much of the world .
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »
apparently a pakistani isp that was following a pakistani govt directive to block youtube mis-configured something and it propagated to the entire internet, blacking out youtube to much of the world .

oh my  :-\

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
Gotta love the inter-connectivity. So far no "official" statement for the reasons behind the outage? Forget about customers but what about shareholders where they told what happened, how the problem was fixed, and how it won't happen again? Is there someway to make the outage last longer? Fun to see people meltdown when they can't watch videos.  Any other Alphabet platforms effected or just the youtube?

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
That was scary, I thought maybe Falkie was going to have to find a new career

Falkie can fix anything!
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »
Gotta love the inter-connectivity. So far no "official" statement for the reasons behind the outage? Forget about customers but what about shareholders where they told what happened, how the problem was fixed, and how it won't happen again? Is there someway to make the outage last longer? Fun to see people meltdown when they can't watch videos.  Any other Alphabet platforms effected or just the youtube?
it was just youtube as far as i know.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 08:05:38 PM »
it was just youtube as far as i know.
I, for one, will be happy when everything is operated by Alphabet and Amazon, including our defense systems, critical infrastructure, government databases (military and just the mundane holding all our tax, health, and banking data,) and all communications on some clouds and 5G networks so that some glitch or operator error in, say, Pakistan cannot effect us and all our information and society is protected and secure.