Author Topic: Brit Coms  (Read 14174 times)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
Re: Brit Coms
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
I had a crush too.  Billie Piper is hot.

Sure is!

And for that matter way back in the day so was "Leela"!

(Louise Jamieson)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »
I think you guys would enjoy some of the sketches on The Fast Show.

Also the Catherine Tate Show - specially grandma - she was also a companion on Doctor Who. As a taster my favourite comedy sketch of all time:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1sSkbdt1k

Also for general trivia, my sister used to live in a tithed cottage on The Highclere Estate which was the setting for Downton Abbey, so I spent a few summers wandering around the beautiful grounds there (her hubby at the time was the son of the head groom at the stud farm there - the queens stud farm).

I live slap bang in the middle of where they film Midsomer Murders - the fictional town of Causton is Wallingford, the closest town to me. They actually filmed part of an episode in the building where I live - I live in a converted Victorian asylum and they used the building before it was converted as it was rather creepy back then.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 09:09:05 AM »
I will also throw in my recommendation to ShayP for IT Crowed.  Loved that show

Surprised nobody mentioned Extras yet. My favorite Gervais project.

I also did watch My Family on PBS and I enjoyed it and during around the same time there was this show called My Hero, which thinking back it was pretty awful but I watched in anyways lol

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 09:20:23 AM »
I will also throw in my recommendation to ShayP for IT Crowed.  Loved that show

Surprised nobody mentioned Extras yet. My favorite Gervais project.

I also did watch My Family on PBS and I enjoyed it and during around the same time there was this show called My Hero, which thinking back it was pretty awful but I watched in anyways lol

I need to watch the IT Crowd.  Heard so many good things about it yet never indulged.   LOL! @ My Hero.  Wasn't that the guy that played Doogle in Father Ted?

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »
I need to watch the IT Crowd.  Heard so many good things about it yet never indulged.   LOL! @ My Hero.  Wasn't that the guy that played Doogle in Father Ted?

You should watch the IT Crowd. The first episode is a bit slow, but it sets up the premise of the show. That is, Jen the new IT manager knows nothing about IT and does not even know what IT stands for (Information Technology). Her 2 new underlings are slobs but know their stuff. They have a little of the autist in them, are awkward and don't get along with other people. Jen is a BS artist and helps them get accepted into the corporate culture. I just made it sound boring, but it's one of the funniest shows that I have seen.

Ardon is in Father Ted where he is grand and also in My Hero where he sucks. The whole show sucks, IMO.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2018, 11:52:29 AM »
My 2¢ worth (or should I say "2 p worth") while I literally wait for paint to dry.

Murder Most Horrid - Dawn French dies every week in a really creative way.
The Royle Family - I love how the actors who've appeared on other shows always talk about those shows as being a favorite of theirs.
Mr. Bean - a great show for English as a second language students too.
Chef - the Asian cook was one of the Teletubbies and I constantly sought out nude photos of her because she was a hottie..  She did some "scenes" on The L Word..
The Office - obviously...
Manchild - Though it got tiresome quickly, the Asian friend of Saffy from Ab Fab did an interesting semi-erotic scene.
As Time Goes By - Not comedy but hey...
AbFab, Python and Benny Hill...

I watched Waiting for God and keeping up appearances, I enjoyed both and I always Google various actors names to see who's died from them. Poor Onslow...

Miranda didn't do it for me. Other than one of her sets being what Ab Fab used for their kitchen/dining area, it just didn't hold my interest.

Red Dwarf's early series were OK but lost me later.

There was a time traveler show with a rather common bloke that I really enjoyed. It must have been done in the early to mid 90s. He did things like go back and buy stocks in companies and try to cash out in modern times...

Back to my insufferable rebuild from the studs up and even some subfloor...  if I didn't think my insurance would say that it was a pre-existing condition when I bought the damn place, I would have just let them pay for it...
Eh, nevermind...

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »
Good god, what a bunch of retards. You really don't deserve this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jux-Zi-IucU

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »
Father Ted, and anything with Karl Pilkington
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

BartIsGod

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »
ftp://
Miranda is very quirky and fun. I've watched the series a few times.
Ever watch Call the Midwife? Midwife "Chummy" was played by Miranda.

BartIsGod

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2018, 08:25:02 AM »
Fawlty Towers might be my all time fave Britcom, due  to Cleese, and the writing. Every episode was brilliantly written.
Equally my fave would be Are You Being Served. There is no way, on 1973 American TV, that a character like Mrs. Slocombe could say, (regarding the trophies on her mantle), "There for my pussy, it gets an award every time I show it".

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2018, 08:41:04 AM »
Can't remember the title, but it's the one about the moronic pest exterminator who drives the American muscle car.  Also like comedic cop show, "Death in Paradise," especially the Kris Marshall episodes.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2018, 02:27:21 PM »
One BBC show our local PBS station would run was The Two Ronnies comedy series. Very funny show  :D