Author Topic: Favourite picture you ever took  (Read 30994 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Favourite picture you ever took
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
Q: What is the best way to post an inline picture in EllGab? I tried using the Insert Image button & using the URL of the picture. I guess it didn't work (although the preview worked for me). The attachment button works fine, but I see a lot of people posting inline images. Thanks for any help.
I constantly fuss over "syntax" when inserting images.  Jackstar helped me by telling me to "Quote" someone else who posted an image (just for the sake of analysis, not to actually really post - You can always back out or switch out by changing screens).  Then, I would compare their exact characters with mine (sometimes in a new tab, or just glancing then backing out, a few times). Once in a while, writing their syntax down for comparison to mine.  i discovered I make the following errors:
- Not putting the URL exactly betwee the brackets, like mising the exact spot.  So, I enkarge my screen now, before even trying.
- Sometimes I ha a duplicate https://www, so I wukd backspace ocer it to fix the line.
- Not inserting AFTER the final word [/quote], or accidently erasing part of the word [/quote].  This can also happen with the first
, which you see does not have a "/" in it.

You probably got this down, but maybe this list can help new people.

I still struggle with posting videos, but people have tried to help me.  I use the video post syntax of others, by "quoting" just to examine thie syntax to see how thy did it, but am still struggling.

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2018, 02:36:21 PM »
@14 Thanks for all that, but I was trying to post am image from from a google drive/drop share link. It doesn't work like that. @Bart Ell clued me into postimages.org & all is good. Praise BE.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
@14 Thanks for all that, but I was trying to post am image from from a google drive/drop share link. It doesn't work like that. @Bart Ell clued me into postimages.org & all is good. Praise BE.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »

Baby chipmunk? Adorable.

mrroscoe08

• KIDD
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2018, 06:17:49 PM »
This is when I first brought him home in 2008. RIP Roscoe.  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2018, 06:21:40 PM »
This is when I first brought him home in 2008. RIP Roscoe.  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What a sweetheart!

mrroscoe08

• KIDD
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »
What a sweetheart!
Thanks so much, he was my best friend for 8 years.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2018, 07:09:36 PM »
Thanks so much, he was my best friend for 8 years.

dogs are awesome!  Always tough to see them go. On my third of my adult life now but he’s still doing really well at 8 years old. Three legged fellow.
Babu!!!!

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »
Giving the image posting a try. I think my favorite is probably the one I took of a castle in Scotland a few years back while traveling for work.  If you have the opportunity to visit do so, and I was fortunate enough to be there to see the Lonach Highland games. If you can pick your time go and see it. The men march the mountain a number of times and you can hear the footsteps before they come out of the trees to the clearing.  Very cool.

Babu!!!!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2018, 11:49:14 PM »
Baby chipmunk? Adorable.
Yes, chipmunk.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »
Giving the image posting a try. I think my favorite is probably the one I took of a castle in Scotland a few years back while traveling for work.  If you have the opportunity to visit do so, and I was fortunate enough to be there to see the Lonach Highland games. If you can pick your time go and see it. The men march the mountain a number of times and you can hear the footsteps before they come out of the trees to the clearing.  Very cool.

Nice photo.

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:45 AM »
Not sure if it is my favorite or not. This pic was taken on the sidewalk in the middle of the night. A pigeon with 2 shadows at Yonge and Wellesley about six months before the gentrification process began.
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2019, 06:55:30 PM »
From my after-work bike ride the other day..

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »
+1 - pastoral... 8)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2019, 10:13:43 AM »
+1 - pastoral... 8)

It's nice pedaling up the hill and out along the ridge after work.  Here's what it looks like coming back (I live in the small town in the valley to the left)