Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116457 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »
He's really good and it's really tough to know when a great back is about to become an injured great back.

Stevan Ridley may have some gas left in the tank... :-\

I love Conner if he is healthy.  The new kid (Samuel) is a "lite" version of Bell.  Ridley adds depth.  The Steelers can go by committee and still win.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
Are we going to have our annual NFL Pool?  That's the only reason why I followed the NFL the last 3 years.

Why not?  We can start our own.   :D

trostol

• KIDD
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
i literally want to move from Philly during football season

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

You should want to leave during hockey season as well.  :D

Come...let's move to Pittsburgh together.  We'd be great 'roomies.'    ;) ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 05:43:25 PM »
So how far back do you go?

Jim Hart, Neil Lomax, Pat Tilley, OJ Anderson, Mel Gray, et al, ...or closer to this era?

Closer to this era - Neil Lomax, Jake the Snake, Timm Rosenbach, and a host of scrubs like Skelton, Logan Thomas and Kolb... :(

But yeah I followed the Cardiac Cards as a kid so a big Jim Hart, Mel Gray, Dan Dierdorf fan too.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 05:46:24 PM »
Closer to this era - Neil Lomax, Jake the Snake, Timm Rosenbach, and a host of scrubs like Skelton, Logan Thomas and Kolb... :(

But yeah I followed the Cardiac Cards as a kid so a big Jim Hart, Mel Gray, Dan Dierdorf fan too.

Cool.  :)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »

The horse apple eating a factor? :o

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »
Cool.  :)

I kinda follow a lot of teams, Broncos are my AFC faves - but plenty of respect to Pittsburgh, an amazing run of HOF grade head coaches starting with Knoll.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 06:06:32 PM »
I kinda follow a lot of teams, Broncos are my AFC faves - but plenty of respect to Pittsburgh, an amazing run of HOF grade head coaches starting with Knoll.

The coaching is impressive.  How many teams can say they only had 3 coaches in 49 years!? 

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 06:20:50 PM »
The coaching is impressive.  How many teams can say they only had 3 coaches in 49 years!?

Yep - world class.

And how many teams can integrate a hothead like Todd Haley into their offense and have it get even better.

Tomlin's one of those guys you'd love to play for.

As an aside, I like the Frank Reich hire in Indy. And I loved the Pederson pickup by the Iggles.

Your state has a real shot at an in-state Super Bowl in the next few years before Ben hangs it up.

Not sure about Mason Rudolph though, but he's got more upside than Landry Jones at least. Placeholder...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »
Yep - world class.

And how many teams can integrate a hothead like Todd Haley into their offense and have it get even better.

Tomlin's one of those guys you'd love to play for.

As an aside, I like the Frank Reich hire in Indy. And I loved the Pederson pickup by the Iggles.

Your state has a real shot at an in-state Super Bowl in the next few years before Ben hangs it up.

Not sure about Mason Rudolph though, but he's got more upside than Landry Jones at least. Placeholder...

I agree with everything you just said.  I do like Rudolph. I think he is the Eire apparent.  I doubt Ben is there 2 years from now.

An Eagles V. Steelers would be awesome.  I hate Philly.   ;D

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 07:27:15 PM »
I agree with everything you just said.  I do like Rudolph. I think he is the Eire apparent.  I doubt Ben is there 2 years from now.

Well Ben has been dropping those hints...but...Rudolph reminds me a bit of Tim Couch.

An Eagles V. Steelers would be awesome.  I hate Philly.   ;D

How the heck did you guys share a RB without imploding?

Yeah I know, it was Staley's last gasp and all...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
Well Ben has been dropping those hints...but...Rudolph reminds me a bit of Tim Couch.

Man.  Don't say those kind of things.  :'(

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:07 AM »

You can read through the draft synopsis on him for the good traits; I'll just focus on a few of the negatives that may spell NFL level trouble ahead:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mason-rudolph?id=32462018-0002-5599-4271-c09bf8338e3c

Weaknesses

Rarely drives lower body through the throw causing ball to sail and float
May not generate enough velocity to beat ball-hawking corners who strangle passing windows

I think he needs to work on core strength and lower body torsion (twist) to get past that or the INTs will come...

Needs to throw with better timing and placement on comeback and outs
Ball placement and decision making can run askew when forced to scramble from pocket

This is where you see the impacts of the rather vanilla offense Okie State runs. Had he played at a program with more passing complexity he'd ready to work on the things that come so naturally to Ben.

Inexperienced as rollout passer
Wasn't asked to get through many progressions in the offense

See above - that OSU offensive scheme is no "Air Raid" ready prep school like say Patrick Mahomes benefitted from. That said Mahomes is a Favre clone with a rocket arm and I don't mean to use him as an A:B comparison to Rudolph.

At the upper end of Rudolph's innate talents he did win, he was known for ball control, and he could have some Brady-like maturation ahead of him that in a few years  produces a system QB with elite leadership skills. And he's getting one of the best WR sets in the game, so...

Looking forward to preseason to see just what he is or isn't. Remember that Landry Jones was all kinds of good for the Sooners but tends to disappear in NFL action, so college stats are oft times not predictive. Jones is a quality clipboard guy and adequate game manager at best. Minus a RB like Bell he's no threat to take over a game.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 09:23:15 AM »
How about this, then. Week 11 8:20PM on NBC. Who else will need to borrow Bettis’ Inhaler?
Merry Christmas