Author Topic: Top 50 most disturbing movies of all time. WARNING: DISTURBING!  (Read 14143 times)

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
Re: Top 50 most disturbing movies of all time. WARNING: DISTURBING!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 the ring

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2018, 10:50:08 AM »
the Babadook

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »
Eraserhead

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2018, 12:03:20 PM »

1) how did Ray Milland get roped into that picture? What debts did he have, mouths to feed, or alimony to pay? Was the Studio System still around then? *
2) I liked the movie and concept (I like almost ALL animals/nature-go-bad movies) but I still don't understand how frogs, save the small poison ones the natives use to tip arrows in the Amazon, can be deadly? The snakes, gators, even turtles I can see but....frogs?

* one notes a lot of disaster and animal-gone-bad movies in the day had good actors in them, sometimes a lot of them? What was happening then? They get drunk or do drugs and decide to all make? Studios made them by contract? They just needed a quick paycheck?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2018, 12:08:20 PM »
1) how did Ray Milland get roped into that picture? What debts did he have, mouths to feed, or alimony to pay? Was the Studio System still around then? *
2) I liked the movie and concept (I like almost ALL animals/nature-go-bad movies) but I still don't understand how frogs, save the small poison ones the natives use to tip arrows in the Amazon, can be deadly? The snakes, gators, even turtles I can see but....frogs?

* one notes a lot of disaster and animal-gone-bad movies in the day had good actors in them, sometimes a lot of them? What was happening then? They get drunk or do drugs and decide to all make? Studios made them by contract? They just needed a quick paycheck?

I went to Magnolia HS my senior year. The only theater within 25 miles was a small one in Tomball (when Tomball was a 2A school). You were stuck watching whatever played that night on the single screen. I can’t believe I actually took a date to this movie. We should have just gone to Dairy Queen. And somehow she is still friends with me today.
Are we having fun yet?

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »

Carnival of Souls

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »

Quick paycheck.  The studio system had completely ended in the 60's and highly esteemed actors were stuck appearing in schlock. Which reminds me of this one.

"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »
The Killing of a Sacred Deer was crazy in a good way. It was based on the Greek mythical sacrifice of Iphigenia. If you saw The Lobster, then you'll get the bizarre speech cadence used.

Mother actually made me feel a little insane after watching. I don't ever want to experience that again! 😵

Aaah another Mother watcher lol. Yeah I only watched it one time. I do want to watch it again but  I really need to be in the right mood for it. I would like to invite my sister to watch it with me as I KNOW for certain she would HATE IT. I am a bit sick like that ;D

What about the 2003 movie Willard, which was a remake of the 70s movie Willard/Ben. Crispen Glover was super creepy in it and the Michael Jackson song "Ben" during the rats vs cat scene was pretty messed up lol

Darth Maul

• KMST
  • BUT Who is the Master and who is the apprentice?
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 03:41:44 PM »
                    "When a Stranger Calls"   
              HE'S CALLING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!!  GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!

Great movie, The first original movie not the remake or the second movie they tried to continue with.

The original  "HALLOWEEN" movie still gets to me
Sith Lord From the Planet Dathomir

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Aaah another Mother watcher lol. Yeah I only watched it one time. I do want to watch it again but  I really need to be in the right mood for it. I would like to invite my sister to watch it with me as I KNOW for certain she would HATE IT. I am a bit sick like that ;D

What about the 2003 movie Willard, which was a remake of the 70s movie Willard/Ben. Crispen Glover was super creepy in it and the Michael Jackson song "Ben" during the rats vs cat scene was pretty messed up lol

Mother is definitely one of those movies I'd only recommend to my enemies! 😄 Could have been used in Guantanamo!
Willard was great. Anything with Crispen Glover gets my attention. He's perfect in these kinds of movies.
♦♦👽♦♦

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 05:52:21 PM »
                    "When a Stranger Calls"   
              HE'S CALLING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!!  GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!

Great movie, The first original movie not the remake or the second movie they tried to continue with.

The original  "HALLOWEEN" movie still gets to me

Was the original made in early 90's? I loved that one! That was one creepy ventriloquist.
♦♦👽♦♦

Darth Maul

• KMST
  • BUT Who is the Master and who is the apprentice?
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 06:45:29 PM »
Was the original made in early 90's? I loved that one! That was one creepy ventriloquist.

It was actually in 1979 for the first     
Sith Lord From the Planet Dathomir

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
Two Anthony Hopkins movies that scared me:

Magic (1978)

Audrey Rose (1977)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 11:55:30 PM »
Two Anthony Hopkins movies that scared me:

Magic (1978)

Audrey Rose (1977)

Magic is one of my top three of all time. I have it in VHS, DVD and BR digital.  "We're gonna be a staarrr" "I think we're dying"  I had completely forgot about Audrey Rose! Thank you for the reminder ;) I'll watch it again for the first time.  ..and now I'm thinkin' Rosemary's Baby may have to be on the list.