Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 741780 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #915 on: September 18, 2018, 01:59:25 PM »
I would spent the $200 on BIAS Amp 2 and forget about impressing a few gear geeks with my new tube.
Toss in the mobile version for the road and let the gear geeks fuck up their backs from carrying their cab up 2 flights of stairs every night.
NAME DROP ALERT:

Since I used to hang out at the same guitar shop has Jennifer Batten did back in the 1980s, I called her up to offer her a new ultra versatile tube amp in exchange for a picture of her with it...

Even before they were sounding good, she had told me that she was completely converted over to Line 6 and Tech 21 products...  Jack Tempchin also was talking that way although he offered to use it on local gigs if I roadied for him.

Since I was working for an LA-based company at the time, I couldn't practically do loaners or else I would have done it at a drop of a hat.
Eh, nevermind...

CptCrisp

• Elluminati
  • Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war.
« Reply #916 on: September 18, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
Dear Bart,

If you could do a crossover forum between Ellgab/Art Bell fans and one other fandom, which fandom would you choose?
Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #917 on: September 18, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
Dear Bart,

If you could do a crossover forum between Ellgab/Art Bell fans and one other fandom, which fandom would you choose?

If you don’t know the answer to that you belong in the zoo
Are we having fun yet?

CptCrisp

• Elluminati
« Reply #918 on: September 18, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
If you don’t know the answer to that you belong in the zoo

Can I be in the penguin house? Or maybe the bat habitat? Those were my favorite as a kid.
Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #919 on: September 18, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »
Dear Bart,

Drummer At The Wrong Gig fans

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #920 on: September 18, 2018, 08:11:20 PM »

@brig   Is that MV with the drumsticks?
Are we having fun yet?

CptCrisp

• Elluminati
« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »

Some of this shit is funny for years. What an age we live in.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #922 on: September 18, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »
I have a tube-related question... Who bought all of the old GE or RCA tube making machines and brought them back from Russia or Czechoslovakia (or wherever)?

I remember talking to a guy back in what seems like 2010 that said his company was doing that to go into full production in Pennsylvania.

Asking for Aspen Pittman.
There were a couple of attempts to bring tube manufacturing back to the US but I don't think either one was able to make a go of it that I know of. I never heard if they even produced a single tube for resale. Most of the tubes made today are from Czechoslovakia, Russia, and China. If I remember correctly, many of the Russian tubes were excellent quality and China was the lowest quality.

I helped in the liquidation of an electronics and TV repair shop several years ago and many of the older tubes had increased in value substantially. Some of the tubes I remember buying for a couple of dollars growing up were being sold for $10 to $20 each and more and a few of the rarer tubes were sold for well over $100 each. Matched pairs even more. GE, RCA, Westinghouse, Mullard, Philips, Western Electric, Sylvania, Tung-sol, and Amperex are some of the brands I remember. Some of the new-old-stock tubes were 20 to 30 years old and the tubes checked good while the boxes they were in were deteriorating. I still have the vintage tube checker. It's in my storage room with my vintage Garrard turntable  :)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #923 on: September 19, 2018, 12:49:22 AM »

Oh wow.  Great stuff.

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #924 on: September 19, 2018, 08:43:52 AM »
Dear Bart Ell,
How do you feel about the #legacysquatter using the Kingdom of Nye? Shall we storm the gates and tar and feather heather?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #925 on: September 19, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »
Dear Bart Ell,
How do you feel about the #legacysquatter using the Kingdom of Nye? Shall we storm the gates and tar and feather heather?

https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1042484773103562752

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #926 on: September 19, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »
Dear Bart, I grew up believing that the meaning of life is 42 but of late have been plagued with the nagging  suspicion that it is really 36.   Can you help me with this?   Ambivalently yours, KIDNOSTAD.

You want it to be 69 but life fucks with you right before you can get there.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #927 on: September 19, 2018, 05:01:25 PM »
It would appear that two characters I created here as a post writer - Chinese Laundryman and coked out biker chic/slut - have been used in other posts. When can I expect my writer's residuals?
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #928 on: September 19, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
It would appear that two characters I created here as a post writer - Chinese Laundryman and coked out biker chic/slut - have been used in other posts. When can I expect my writer's residuals?

As soon as you pay off your Heater™️ tab.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #929 on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:27 PM »
Dearest @Bart Ell,

Can you ask Bart’s Babes™️ To submit a picture or avatar that they think best represents their online persona and create an Ellgab 2019 calendar?

TIA,
Mssr Sucks
LoneVoice already has.