Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 83731 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00:12 PM »
I dreampt my sister had been in a car accident.
when I woke up I figured it wasn't true cause someone would have told me.
A week later I call my sis and say hey what's new.. she says nothing.. but I got in a car accident.

#HeatherNation
I hope she wasn't hurt, but that was kind of funny!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
Dream, August 4, 2018.

I was walking a street in the little town of Monroe, Oregon. (I had some pretty fun summers there as a kid.  Kind of a Tom Sawyer like existence and my grandfather owned the local pool hall/tavern.  I had lots of fun playing in the pool hall, eating candy, bags of Planters Peanuts and drinking pop.  I haven't revisited the town as an adult, so my brain will at times, fashion a dream so that I can at least visit it that way.  And that's good because my Monroe dreams tend to be lucid in nature.)  I say Monroe street but it appeared slightly off, not quite one of the streets that I remembered as a kid. 

A man approached me and, while I didn't know his name, I had the distinct impression that he was a retired doctor, and a good friend of mine.  He told me about 'a horror' in one of the older houses in town.  Would I like to investigate it with him?  Of course!

My doctor friend knew the person living in the house.  Oddly enough, another retired doctor.  We walked inside and looked around.  Everything looked pretty normal.  I certainly didn't see anything that was horrible.  Suddenly, the man whose house we were in went ballistic and he let loose with a torrent of black magic spells.  He must have been quite the wizard because some horrific monster faces appeared out of thin air and they attacked my friend.  He was literally bit and torn to pieces.  Some wild, demonic goats appeared and they came after me.  I ran out of the house and was happy to see that the goats didn't follow.  It was at that point in the dream where I remembered that I myself was a wizard, so I held my arms out and placed an imprisoning spell over the entire house.  I guess it was supposed to keep all of the evil from coming outside.         

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 11:45:59 PM »
cool dream

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »
cool dream

Thanks, tb.  I really liked your prophetic dream.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
Dream, August 5, 2018.

I was playing tennis in a court that was surrounded by some grassy knolls and beyond them, tall skyscrapers on all sides.  I finished playing (odd here, because I don't remember seeing an opposing player) and walked up onto one of the grass filled areas.  I saw a group of old tombstones and I walked over to examine them.  There was no cemetery there, just a half dozen or so graves.  I read the inscriptions and saw that  one of them belonged to my grandmother, though how I knew this was strange because the name on the headstone was completely different.  My mom's grave was there also.  I thought it odd that her middle name, always spoken along with her first throughout her life, had not been carved onto the headstone. 

I looked up and over to the other side of the hillock and saw a massive, Stonehenge sized, granite boulder.  I wasn't able to get close enough to read it's marker.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2018, 02:30:08 PM »
Dream, August 6, 2018.

An older brother and I had made plans to go to a stock car race but when I pulled onto his driveway he walked over and said that he had changed his mind.  So I proceeded on my own and got thoroughly lost.  I drove onto what appeared to be the grounds of a high school football stadium.  I got out of the car and looked around.  Two women were standing at the opposite end of the field. I thought about walking over to talk to them but I turned around and went the other way. 

I left the stadium and walked onto a big, grassy bluff that overlooked a desert scene.  There was cactus down there, and mesas and even a herd of cattle.  It reminded me of those early John Wayne Westerns that were filmed back in the 1930's.  It was strange, but it kind of felt like the Duke's spirit was flittering around me, like a moth around flame. 

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »
I dreampt I was in a woman's house, she had lit a boot on fire and left it on the carpet. It was to burn the boot print as a design into the rug. I could see several burned circles on the carpet from plates she had heated red hot

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2018, 05:24:49 AM »
Past couple nights I've woken up knowing that I dreamed something, but I couldn't tell you a thing about them. They're gone before I even wake up.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2018, 02:34:10 PM »
Dreams, August 7, 2018.

I had a couple of dreams last night but I can't remember the first one.  I remember that we (the wife and I) were definitely out and about but I can't remember where or what we were doing.  I do remember us arriving home, though. We entered the darkened house and I fumbled around for a light switch.  "Where did all these mirrors come from?" she asked.  "What do you mean?"  I said.  "Look." she answered.

Sure enough, there were a number of mirrors hanging on the wall and they weren't there when we left.  It was too dark to see any reflections from them so I felt around again for that light switch.  Then, a feeling of dread overcame me.  Who put those mirrors up?  Could this possibly be some type of trap?  What if we looked into the mirrors and saw something horrible reflected back?  I stopped searching for the switch and woke up. 

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »
While driving to a Cubs game through Chicago last week I started getting deja vu and quickly started recalling a lucid dream I had either last year or the year before. I distinctly remember specific aspects of that dream now but had no conscious memory of the details of that dream until they were “unlocked” with that instant of deja vu.

Parts of that dream were very realistic as to the baseball game I was watching and parts of it were surreal as I remember now that I had controlled some of my movements in that dream to walk around downtown Chicago and even walk around inside of the bowels of Wrigley Field.  Since I have no idea what that actually looked like in real life my mind had made up images of tunnels, ramps and staircases that I could follow to see different parts of the stadium.  As I walked around in my dream if I noticed something that was way out of place (Like Lake Michigan being right next to the stadium) I would once again realize I was dreaming and could once again gain control of my movements in the dream. 

Not sure if I will ever remember more detals of the dream now but this was unique for me.  There are lucid dreams that I remember upon waking, but this is the first time I had vivid memories of a lucid dream that I have no memories of ever remembering upon waking.

It actually took quite an effort to concentrate on the task at hand, which was to drive safely through some pretty sketchy neighborhoods in Chicago.  By the way, they set a new record this last weekend. 72 separate shootings if I read the article correctly.
Are we having fun yet?

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »
Past couple nights I've woken up knowing that I dreamed something, but I couldn't tell you a thing about them. They're gone before I even wake up.
don't wake up, don't open your eyes, don't think about getting up or getting ready.
 relax and recall backwards until a fragment flashes

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2018, 11:30:56 AM »
don't wake up, don't open your eyes, don't think about getting up or getting ready.
 relax and recall backwards until a fragment flashes

Great advice on remembering dreams.

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2018, 11:47:26 AM »
Last night, I dreamed that I had a black Schnauzer named Poopsie. She was made of yarn. She was an energetic and playful dog and a good companion. She was itchy, and was scratching herself all the time. I tried flea dip, brushing her, bathing her, changing her diet, but nothing stopped the itch.  The scratching caused her to shed, and she was shedding threads and lint all over my flat. I was always cleaing up after her.  One day, the landlord made a surprise visit. Now, I was not allowed to have pets in my apt, and the landlord, upon seeing the dog and the bits of thread and lint was angry. She made me get rid of the dog. I took her to a no-kill pet adoption shelter. The kennels were equipped with holographic projectors. Poopsie's kennel had a holographic yard, trees, big house, and a holographic boy to play fetch with her with a hologram stick.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2018, 11:53:47 AM »
Dream, August 8, 2018.

I was walking downtown and I was approached by a news guy who was asking people a question regarding the future of humankind.  The blonde haired guy in front of me had a dour vision of the future and he complained about global warming and the youth of today.  When I got to speak into the mic I talked about the good things that might transpire in the future, predominantly space travel.  I also said that the kids would do OK once they got a little older.  I'm afraid I squandered my chance at saying something interesting or prophetic.  Even when I kind of realized that I was dreaming, I kept saying dumb things like "I think we can make things better."  and "It's up to us.  Nobody else will do it for us."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
Dreams, August 7, 2018.

I had a couple of dreams last night but I can't remember the first one.  I remember that we (the wife and I) were definitely out and about but I can't remember where or what we were doing.  I do remember us arriving home, though. We entered the darkened house and I fumbled around for a light switch.  "Where did all these mirrors come from?" she asked.  "What do you mean?"  I said.  "Look." she answered.

Sure enough, there were a number of mirrors hanging on the wall and they weren't there when we left.  It was too dark to see any reflections from them so I felt around again for that light switch.  Then, a feeling of dread overcame me.  Who put those mirrors up?  Could this possibly be some type of trap?  What if we looked into the mirrors and saw something horrible reflected back?  I stopped searching for the switch and woke up.
have you ever looked in a mirror in a dream ?