Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 84587 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
I must have been rich in this dream.  I was in a small boat, floating along on a big bay, with some other people in similar small boats.  The boats didn't have any motors or oars on them, I think we were operating them telepathically.  It was night but a big full moon gave us plenty of light until, that is, a black cloud of volcanic ash blotted out the sky.

Everyone brought their boats ashore and entered the high quality villa where we were staying.  There was a big, plate glass window that afforded a view across the bay and everyone stood by it.  We could see a distant island that held nothing but a row of smoking volcanos.  The volcanos began to glow and erupt but we weren't concerned because they were pretty far away and besides, there was all that water in between.

One of the volcanos suddenly erupted a large quantity of lava that went skyward.  We all watched in disbelief as the flaming matter made its way to our island.  Globs of the molten lava splatted onto the beach and people were running around and getting burnt.  We felt a large chunk of lava hit the roof of our villa and a big glow of fire lit up the room in which we were standing.  I turned from the window and saw the horrified looks of the people who were standing behind me.  I actually saw a familiar face, it was the guy who played Andy on that Parks and Recreations television show.  His eyes and mouth were wide open with terror and he scared me so much that I actually woke up with a start.  In this rare case though, I rolled over in bed and fell back into the very same dream. 

The owner of the building calmed everyone down by telling us that the roof was fireproof and that dinner was being served.  I went to look for a table but it wasn't all that easy because the burn victims had been brought in and they were stretched out on the floor.  I walked around them and found a small room with some tables and chairs.  My grandmother's ghost walked in and placed table cloths on the tables.  I didn't ask what was going to be served but I knew it had to be good if she was involved in the cooking.  The ghost of my uncle walked in and sat at my table.  I told him how glad I was to see him.  We were both looking forward to the meal but we couldn't help but notice that burnt bodies were being piled up in the doorway to our room.   

Colin1980

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2018, 03:56:01 PM »
I must have been rich in this dream.  I was in a small boat, floating along on a big bay, with some other people in similar small boats.  The boats didn't have any motors or oars on them, I think we were operating them telepathically.  It was night but a big full moon gave us plenty of light until, that is, a black cloud of volcanic ash blotted out the sky.

Everyone brought their boats ashore and entered the high quality villa where we were staying.  There was a big, plate glass window that afforded a view across the bay and everyone stood by it.  We could see a distant island that held nothing but a row of smoking volcanos.  The volcanos began to glow and erupt but we weren't concerned because they were pretty far away and besides, there was all that water in between.

One of the volcanos suddenly erupted a large quantity of lava that went skyward.  We all watched in disbelief as the flaming matter made its way to our island.  Globs of the molten lava splatted onto the beach and people were running around and getting burnt.  We felt a large chunk of lava hit the roof of our villa and a big glow of fire lit up the room in which we were standing.  I turned from the window and saw the horrified looks of the people who were standing behind me.  I actually saw a familiar face, it was the guy who played Andy on that Parks and Recreations television show.  His eyes and mouth were wide open with terror and he scared me so much that I actually woke up with a start.  In this rare case though, I rolled over in bed and fell back into the very same dream. 

The owner of the building calmed everyone down by telling us that the roof was fireproof and that dinner was being served.  I went to look for a table but it wasn't all that easy because the burn victims had been brought in and they were stretched out on the floor.  I walked around them and found a small room with some tables and chairs.  My grandmother's ghost walked in and placed table cloths on the tables.  I didn't ask what was going to be served but I knew it had to be good if she was involved in the cooking.  The ghost of my uncle walked in and sat at my table.  I told him how glad I was to see him.  We were both looking forward to the meal but we couldn't help but notice that burnt bodies were being piled up in the doorway to our room.   

Dream interpretation.
Bellgab will blow up and burn to the ground.

Colin1980

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2018, 04:06:43 PM »
Lol, Bellgab is down as of now. 503 message.

Colin1980

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »
Unfortunately it's back again. :(

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
I dreamt that I was at a doctors office, though I don't know why because I didn't feel sick or anything.  My name was called in the waiting room and I entered a room with big, metal examining machines set all about.  An elderly doctor (tall, thin and gray headed with an equally gray mustache) greeted me without a smile and curtly inquired, "Have you completed your shshshshsh pan collection shshshshs test shshshshsh?"  (Somebody in a nearby room was operating a loud machine that drowned out part of what the doctor was saying.) 

"My what?" I asked, puzzled. 

The doctor looked irritated and he repeated the question, only this time he spoke in a very quiet voice that was once again drowned out by the noise coming from an adjoining room.

"Sorry, doctor, but I can't hear you." I told him.

This time the old codger got mad and,  leaning into one of my ears shouted, "Have you completed ahahahahah pan ahahahahah test?!"  (He was speaking so loud into my ear that his words were distorted.)

I was beginning to get a bit irritated myself.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I told him.

The doctor threw his arms up in disgust and started writing up his bill.  He handed it to me and  said, "I'm leaving!"

I glanced at the bill and noticed that it was made out for $71.00.  I didn't have to pay it though, because my dad's ghost appeared and he took the bill and disappeared with it.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2018, 01:59:18 PM »
I've no idea why, but last night, I dreamed, among other things, that I was entrusted, apparently accidentally, w Heather Leona Wade's medical records.  I wound up delivering them to an office on the left.  In front the hallway led to the dentist's on the right at the end, and the stairs down a flight to the exit at the left.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »
Wow, was I a thread killer or what?

Maybe it'll liven things up a bit if I mention celebrities who've had recent guest shots in my dreams: Jim Backus and Jason Alexander.

I could also bring up an invention I saw in a recent dream.  I dreamed people were starting to sell ad space on their bodies via tattoo.  One ad-tattooed lady showed off her new accessory: Ad Blocker.  She turned it on, and it made the tattoo across her back invisible.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2019, 10:16:31 AM »
Strange one last night with lots of creatures. I only recall the main fragments. It start that I was working on my truck and had both doors open and I was trying to access a panel, or something, under the steering column when I looked up and a yuuge dog, but more like a wolf running at me and I had no time to reach over and shut door. It bounded into the cab but due to the way my seat was oriented I couldn't quite reach me. But slobbering, foaming-at-the-mouth I managed to fall back and slam door. Then while wolf was scratching and tearing up seat to get me I managed to run around and slam passenger door closed. Now wolf was trapped but what to do! It was tearing up the upholstery etc.   A neighbor came buy and said we could lasso it. We took a long piece of PVC piping and slid a rope through it. Like I've seen dog control folks use. Make-shift tool though. Anyway, someone opened the door, neighbor got the rope around its neck but the strength of the animal threatened to break the pipe. Some one got a rope around the back haunches and managed to tie it up to the trailer hitch. Then we took the rope end of the took and tied it around a tree and pulled it so dog-wolf was tied up and couldn't move. Then discussions of what to do and we called for animal control and they came it got and suspected it might be rabid but since nobody got bit we didn't need to go have shots.

2nd part. Even weirder we went to go eat some Mexican food but decided, at last minute, to go to another place than the original place. Which was good because while eating nachos and having margaritas we looked up and what appeared to be a huge sandstorm or explosion at the other Tex-Mex restaurant down the block. Like a whirlwind, tornado out of which came a yuuge "Antman" but looked more like those tin-metal, brightly art pieces that Mexicans make of animals, lizards, and such, but LARGE and moving like it was alive. Standing there. Running away I noticed what I thought was a metal elephant also coming alive but, in looking, realized it was really a big armadillo. Again metal-like but alive. Running past I just saw one big eye open as it started to awaken. Woke up and so don't know what happened or any explanation.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2019, 07:40:42 AM »
Last night I dreamed that WFMU general manager Ken Freedman had gotten the station in trouble w a stunt he did on his "7 Sec. Delay" program.  Seems he and Andy Breckman had a listener enter a bank lobby and do something stupid and disturbing, or at least that was how a listener took it in their name.  As a result, the station's bank stopped dealing with them, and I tried intervening on WFMU's behalf to make it possible for them to reopen their acc't.  It turned out that bank, or more likely banks generally, were run by space aliens.  I had to explain to them that humans liked to swim, and therefore liked having the possibility of constructing swimming pools; I had to explain what swimming was.  I don't remember whether that had something to do with a real estate deal the station was engaging in -- such as the sale of their parking lot IRL -- or making some excuse for the stupid thing the listeners were doing in the bank lobby, like maybe miming swimming in a sunken lobby.  I think I was having some success by the dream's end.

Maybe it was all some metaphor about being "under water", which fortunately WFMU is not.  (They weren't even literally under water when the Morris Canal overflowed all around them during a recent hurricane!)  I haven't checked Auricle Communications' financials lately, but the sale of the parking lot was to retire their debt.  Ken's taken a lot of chances, but his acquisition of the bldg. for their HQ, now including a public-performance space, & lot 20 yrs. ago ("House of Tomorrow" in their fundraising) paid off well.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2019, 06:30:19 AM »
Last night I dreamed that WFMU general manager Ken Freedman had gotten the station in trouble w a stunt he did on his "7 Sec. Delay" program.  Seems he and Andy Breckman had a listener enter a bank lobby and do something stupid and disturbing, or at least that was how a listener took it in their name.  As a result, the station's bank stopped dealing with them, and I tried intervening on WFMU's behalf to make it possible for them to reopen their acc't.  It turned out that bank, or more likely banks generally, were run by space aliens.  I had to explain to them that humans liked to swim, and therefore liked having the possibility of constructing swimming pools; I had to explain what swimming was.  I don't remember whether that had something to do with a real estate deal the station was engaging in -- such as the sale of their parking lot IRL -- or making some excuse for the stupid thing the listeners were doing in the bank lobby, like maybe miming swimming in a sunken lobby.  I think I was having some success by the dream's end.

Maybe it was all some metaphor about being "under water", which fortunately WFMU is not.  (They weren't even literally under water when the Morris Canal overflowed all around them during a recent hurricane!)  I haven't checked Auricle Communications' financials lately, but the sale of the parking lot was to retire their debt.  Ken's taken a lot of chances, but his acquisition of the bldg. for their HQ, now including a public-performance space, & lot 20 yrs. ago ("House of Tomorrow" in their fundraising) paid off well.
That is hilarious.  Swimming.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »
That is hilarious.  Swimming.
My interpretation is that you were telling aliens humans like to emote.  After all, nothing was under water yet, although that was a very good thought.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »
I dreamed there were a couple of geletinous looking huge black spiders about the size and shape of a medium crab in the house.  Every time we needed to clean the entry closet, one of these insanely obnoxious spiders would jump up from around my bed, flap its geletinous body and crab-like legs, and scare me and run to the entry closet.

Then a dual wedding for two young ladies was being planned.  One looked great in her wedding dress but the other had obscene female body parts attached to hers.

Someone told me they didn't want me around anymore because it was too much trouble.  They said to go back to my roots.

I removed all my things from an armoire there in the wedding planning area, because every time I hung them up, others would start crowding my garments.  When it got emptier, I re-hung my stuff again, but crowders kept coming each time.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
The first dream found me in a shopping mall and I was walking up a nonfunctioning escalator.  A guy stood at the top and he held his hands out as if to prevent me from gaining access to the floor.  He was a middle aged redheaded guy, with glasses.  I didn't like his looks and  I wasn't in a mood to be ordered about, so when I got to the top, I grabbed his arms and hurled him down to the floor below.  I then resumed my shopping but after several moments I felt kind of guilty having treated the guy like that, so I reset my dream.  I went back to the escalator and started walking up it again.  This time, I got to the top and found that the fellow was there for the expressed purpose of helping people step onto the upper floor without falling over backwards.  I told the guy 'thanks' and shook his hand.  I felt a little better about myself but I still didn't like the guy's looks.

Bart arranged for some of us to tour Art's old radio station in the second dream.  The lady running the place was nice and she pretty much let us go about wherever we wanted.  I remember walking down a hallway that led to a large glass door.  I approached it and saw that it led to a back parking lot area.  A car drove up and I watched as Art's beautiful wife got out of it and made her way to the door.  She approached the door and I identified myself.  She smiled and said that it was nice to finally meet a familiar face.  It was kind of odd though because we were talking through the glass.  I happily went to open the door but it was locked. 

"No problem," I said.  "I'll just find someone with a key." 

So I walked back down the hallway and entered a room full of old radio broadcasting equipment.  I turned a dial on a dusty control board and heard a voice say 'Hi' out of a speaker.  Damned if it didn't sound like Art.

"Art, is that you?" I asked.

"Who do you think it is?" he asked.

I chuckled and said, "Hi Art.  What are you doing here?"

"Spinning tunes," he said.  "My wife is here too, working in the office.  Say, you wouldn't happen to know what month it is, would you?"

"January."  I said.

There was a brief pause and then he said, "Are you calling to make a prediction?"

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2019, 03:11:42 PM »
I felt kind of guilty having treated the guy like that, so I reset my dream.
Wow, you can...do that?   8)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »
Wow, you can...do that?   8)

Yes, Robert.  But only on extremely rare occasions.  Kind of similar to waking from a dream and then falling asleep again and resuming the very same dream, only there is no waking up.  You just kind of backup and replay an earlier part of the dream and hopefully, you can make an alteration before continuing with the dream.  Kind of like dream time travel, I guess.