Author Topic: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse  (Read 21111 times)

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
Re: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
You know how TCM often gives vapid modern actors a chance to show and explain their favorite movies? They should do a raffle or contest or something and allow viewers a chance to do so! Maybe raise money for the old folks home for character actors or minorities not allowed in Actor's Guild or trauma/detox centers for victims of producers and the casting-couch and alcohol/drug abuse. Ok maybe those last ideas wouldn't work but the first would be cool.

TCM actually does something like that.  Join the Backlot program that they have and every now and then they have a contest and a fan gets to choose the movies for one day.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2018, 08:51:59 PM »
TCM actually does something like that.  Join the Backlot program that they have and every now and then they have a contest and a fan gets to choose the movies for one day.
Cool! Did not know that. Thanks. Next time you see a weekend of Charlie Chan, Mr.Moto, and Fu-Manchu followed up by Basil's Sherlock you'll know who won!

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »

Hey @21st Century Man and other horror or classic movie fans. Tonight on TCM starting at 8e/5p are a series of great horror silent movies starring the incomparable Lon Chaney, Sr. I've seen them all but might record them for my planned Halloween Scarython.  I believe every Tuesday and Sunday are classic horror movies. Enjoy! I'm sure I will  :)
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
Hey @21st Century Man and other horror or classic movie fans. Tonight on TCM starting at 8e/5p are a series of great horror silent movies starring the incomparable Lon Chaney, Sr. I've seen them all but might record them for my planned Halloween Scarython.  I believe every Tuesday Wednesday and Sunday are classic horror movies. Enjoy! I'm sure I will  :)

FIFM
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »
Hey @21st Century Man and other horror or classic movie fans. Tonight on TCM starting at 8e/5p are a series of great horror silent movies starring the incomparable Lon Chaney, Sr. I've seen them all but might record them for my planned Halloween Scarython.  I believe every Tuesday and Sunday are classic horror movies. Enjoy! I'm sure I will  :)

Cool, thanks Tigerlily!!!  +1 and more

Love the new avatar!!
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »
FIFM
Ha, I have to do that sometimes also. Thanks for the heads up. More details for folks. Some great movies!

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1436468|0/Horror-Stars-Wednesdays-in-October.html

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1436560|0/The-Mummy-Sundays-in-October.html

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2018, 10:05:59 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2018, 05:06:02 PM »
Mummy night on TCM....but also baseball and fb so? But a good, solid line-up of Mummy movies.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »

Great movie and I watch it every so often, but I could kick Peck's ass for choosing to die in a submarine full of men when he could have gone peacefully in the arms of a beautiful woman like Ava.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »
Mummy night on TCM....but also baseball and fb so? But a good, solid line-up of Mummy movies.

It's Dietrich night man.  C'mon back and keep the faith

BTW - it appewars that you didn't die today from anaphylactic shock from the yellow jackets so that's nice.   ;)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »
It's Dietrich night man.  C'mon back and keep the faith

BTW - it appewars that you didn't die today from anaphylactic shock from the yellow jackets so that's nice.   ;)
Ha. Strangely didn't see any today. Maybe poison, finally, worked? But we had some big pop-up, brief storms and so that might have kept em quiet. I didn't press fate and dig or agitate due to storms and not seeing activity and other stuff. I know, I know, but I needed a detox from DD, for a bit and his change of schedules conflicts with stuff. But we will see. I also will update the hornet/yellowjacket thread once I reinvestigate.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
Ha. Strangely didn't see any today. Maybe poison, finally, worked? But we had some big pop-up, brief storms and so that might have kept em quiet. I didn't press fate and dig or agitate due to storms and not seeing activity and other stuff. I know, I know, but I needed a detox from DD, for a bit and his change of schedules conflicts with stuff. But we will see. I also will update the hornet/yellowjacket thread once I reinvestigate.

Cool.  That's important.  We gots to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »
Since it is near Halloween, I remember seeing The Night That Panicked America, a 1975 TV movie, originally broadcast on ABC on October 31, 1975 and rerun on some TV stations and then seemed to disappear for many years. It was finally released on DVD in 2014. Won one Emmy and nominated for three. An interesting movie depicting the famous Orson Welles The War of the Worlds 1938 radio broadcast. Paul Shenar played Orson Welles.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2018, 01:52:41 PM »
Just ordered on amazon...

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »
It's been a while since I showed some love towards this thread.  More to come soon but was just looking at the old classic silent, Birth Of A Nation.  It's been criticized for being racist but here is something funny.  An American Indian, Dark Cloud, played a Civil War General.

He indeed was of the First Nations People and unfortunately died in 1918 of the Spanish flu.