Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 306573 times)

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »
Jesperi Kotkaniemi will become the first 2000’s born athlete to play in any of the four North American pro sports leagues.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yes, you are old.

That's nuts. Just to think of what the typical 18 year old is like and then there's this kid. Was listening to NHL radio earlier today, they were comparing him to Toews.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 07:06:31 PM »
That's nuts. Just to think of what the typical 18 year old is like and then there's this kid. Was listening to NHL radio earlier today, they were comparing him to Toews.

Pretty sure the Habs would be ok if he ended up like Toews  :D
Dare I say that I think he has a real good chance to be an actual elite center.
At least I am holding out that hope and so far at age 18 he's showed tremendous patience, confidence and vision.
Even though he is 6'2" and 180lbs there are times in which he does look small on the ice.

Less than 45 hours until the season begins  :)
I don't think the Habs will be a very good team this season but I think they are better than what people say they are.

I suggested a EllGab NHL Fantasy Hockey pool earlier in the thread but unfortunately it seems like not enough are interested  :-\

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2018, 07:11:33 PM »
Crosby already bitching about Wilson.  ;D

Wilson is a huge pile of shit regardless of what Sid says.   >:(

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2018, 07:12:43 PM »
At least I am holding out that hope and so far at age 18 he's showed tremendous patience, confidence and vision.
Even though he is 6'2" and 180lbs there are times in which he does look small on the ice.

I watched those rookie showdown games a month ago and he looked totally lost.
The growth in the last 3 weeks has been amazing.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »
Old time hockey. Watch out Sid, play heads up....  ;) or get some players to back you up toughwise like The Great One did...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 07:24:18 PM »
I suggested a EllGab NHL Fantasy Hockey pool earlier in the thread but unfortunately it seems like not enough are interested  :-\

It was a great suggestion HB, and I did consider it.  However, I'm done with fantasy sports.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 07:24:31 PM »
I watched those rookie showdown games a month ago and he looked totally lost.
The growth in the last 3 weeks has been amazing.

It is almost like he rises to the level of competition he plays against.

That Gallagher/Danault/Tatar line seems set and I like their chemistry early on.
So I think they'll start Drouin on with Kotkaniemi. That could become a nice duo.

These lines seem pretty decent though. I think Domi has more to give and might fit nicely where Armia is.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »
It was a great suggestion HB, and I did consider it.  However, I'm done with fantasy sports.

Bad experience? Not enough time to be fiddling with it during the season?  :D

I always find it adds an extra layer of interest. Especially when it comes to watching other games besides your favorite team.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »

I don't think he'll ever change either  :-X

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »
Old time hockey. Watch out Sid, play heads up....  ;) or get some players to back you up toughwise like The Great One did...

Ha!  ;)  The Pens haven't had an enforcer in a while.  Oh yeah...Reaves.  Just last season, and Sullivan didn't deploy him as he should've.  The Pens do need some intimidators regardless of how pussy the league has become.  BTW...screw Gretzky.  If Lemieux started when he did and stayed healthy, he'd be the great one.   :P

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Bad experience? Not enough time to be fiddling with it during the season?  :D

I always find it adds an extra layer of interest. Especially when it comes to watching other games besides your favorite team.

No, not really.  No bad experience.   I have the time.  Maybe it was burnout.  I've participated in fantasy sports every year for 20 years and I just became weary.  It seemed like an obligation that I just didn't need.   :-\

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
It is almost like he rises to the level of competition he plays

The great or just wanna-be good or improve almost always should play 'above them' or just pratice and many  do in most parts of life but especially sports but in general. That is how you learn, improve, learn to deal with failure, get mentors, find faults and where to improve, motivate yourself,etc.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2018, 09:39:26 PM »
Crosby already bitching about Wilson.  ;D
Because he can. That and I have a very rare signed jersey of his so I feel obligated to side with him and the pens almost every time.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
No, not really.  No bad experience.   I have the time.  Maybe it was burnout.  I've participated in fantasy sports every year for 20 years and I just became weary.  It seemed like an obligation that I just didn't need.   :-\
Don't know if this is becoming a trend or not, but I know several people recently who have stopped fantasy sports after many years and it seems their interests have changed and there was no compelling reason to want to play anymore. One guy said it was like a long running TV series that completed its final season. No regrets and good memories but it had just run its course.

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2018, 07:35:17 PM »

Played in 2 fantasy hockey leagues the past 4 years, football too. Decided this year to only do 1 football and concentrate on daily fantasy for hockey.

If anyone is interested in doing private leagues for daily fantasy let me know. Doesn't have to be big bucks, anywhere from a quarter up to $5 a game. Tournament style, 50/50, top X number of players win, etc...lots of options. I have accounts set up in Draft Kings, Fan Duel and Yahoo and can send new account referrals if needed.