Author Topic: SOS - Word Online Formatting  (Read 6736 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: SOS - Word Online Formatting
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »

Thanks for a great suggestion though.  I love Notepad apps and websites!

You're most welcome!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 04:15:19 AM »
Keith strikes again!
Nope, Brazil - LOL    ;D
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »
It looks like a lot of people on the Internet have similar issues.  One person said after many efforts and partial solutions, things finally got back to English after he cleared everything, cookies, cache, logon data, etc...  Glad it doesn't matter to you!
Bleachbit...     Oh Wait - WinDoze.    :o
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 04:25:20 AM »
Thanks for an excellent idea.  I wonder if that works for images.  I don't know what the Microsoft problem I was having with copying & pasting images last week.  It's them, not me.

Biggest issues at my cranky moment right now are:
-Not having a "properties" field when I right click in Chrome or IE on the laptop.
-Not seeing any branding on any browser.  Everything else in the world is branded.  I should see a brand name on my screen.  This isn't a communist country.
-Not remembering Cntl-A for copy in Chrome.  It's not a keyboard shortcut, either, bec there is no other way to copy.  Stupid.  I love command codes as much as any fast keyboarder, but there should also be a mouse way.

Thanks for a great suggestion though.  I love Notepad apps and websites!
If you're looking for a text editor that carries, or doesn't carry over, formatting (at you discretion,) I'd recommend SciTE It's more of an IDE editor, but it works on Doze, and it has a lot of features, but is still fairly lightweight.   
Once you get used to it, it's damn fast.   ;)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 04:33:08 AM »
Copy and paste is one of the basis functions of a word processor, so one would think it would work well in all of these programs. I’ve found it highly unreliable on every one of them except Microsoft Word installed on the computer.

Libre Office will copy something, paste it, then copy something else and paste the first section again. Searching online, I see complaints about this going back to early versions of Open Office.

I think I’m going back to emacs.
Merry Christmas

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »
Copy and paste is one of the basis functions of a word processor, so one would think it would work well in all of these programs. I’ve found it highly unreliable on every one of them except Microsoft Word installed on the computer.

Libre Office will copy something, paste it, then copy something else and paste the first section again. Searching online, I see complaints about this going back to early versions of Open Office.

I think I’m going back to emacs.

SHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh - Are you trying to start a Flame-War with the Vim groupies ?   :o        ;)       ;D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 01:46:30 AM »
@Whistler @juan Thanks. Good to know.  I really liked Libre and it got me through the project I was working on (part of a hiring process).  But now, I can access Libre even though I know I have it!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2018, 09:58:41 AM »
Ummm, I read this subject title as online fermenting. My bad. BYE!!!  :-[
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 03:12:14 AM »
Ummm, I read this subject title as online fermenting. My bad. BYE!!!  :-[
That's hilarious.  Stuff like that happens to me all the time. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 03:15:57 AM »
Libre is still hiding on this Amazon Fire tablet, but Word Online is good.  It does necessarily save reliably, due to WiFi burping, but if i save a few times, and proof read every time, it is good enough.

I dont know if anyone remembers how I couldn't install Chrome, but the other day I tried again and it went fine.  Happy!