Author Topic: What got you "into" the paranormal?  (Read 511 times)

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
Re: What got you "into" the paranormal?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2018, 04:42:11 AM »
Weird shit that I've seen since I was a kid, that most people would make fun of me for talking about.
I didn't take the normal path of clamming up because of the ridicule, I reveled in it.
Know why ?
Because I realized early on that everyone that ridiculed me was operating out of fear.
They couldn't deal with their reality  being jeopardized. This was actually worse than death to them. WTF ?????????
Yeah, about 10% (that's being gracious) of the population can actually handle new concepts - that's it.
If TV was invented ten years earlier, Hitler and his minions would be ruling the entire world right now, (although Hitler died in the early 90's in Argentina.)

Don't believe me ? I really don't give a shit. Get off your lazy fucking ass, do some research, and prove me wrong.   :P       ;)
you had paranormal experiences--you saw them, thought about them, and found them convincing enough to know they were real.

Proving it to others is the hard part. It’s like proving the color blue looks the same to you as it does to other people. I dont mean in terms of being color blind but in terms of what you consciously see.

I agree most people resist new ideas. A lot of people will contradict you just because they're dickheads. Other people think you re  trying to trick them.

tootsie_wootsy

• Elluminati
  • aiming for the mid astral plane
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 08:18:54 AM »
It's interesting stuff, and he's good at it.

What i'm looking for is concrete proof, hard data that could be used as scientific evidence of communication with the dead: a medium who can give the contents of a secret sealed envelope known only to the deceased, the location of a hidden object only the deceased would know. Those are just a couple of examples of what it would take for something to count as hard evidence. .

For example, anybody who tries to talk to the ghost of Art Bell would have to give the audience information that only Art would have known, and that information would have to be verified.

Furthermore, the medium would have to be able to do it over and over with different ghosts. That's needed to show that it is repeateable. Other mediums would have to be able to do it too.

I believe we're capable of having paranormal experiences. I think some mediums do at times make some kind of contact with the dead.

I think some people have real, paranormal experiencees other than mediumship. But it's never convincing enough or reliably repeated to be taken as proof.

I don't know if you're familiar with Robert Monroe, but he set up a lab to study OBEs. He was able to train the general public to have OBEs. Another of his goals was to provide objective proof that the experience was real.  AFAIK, sometimes he documented some evidence to support it, but there were problems with repeatability. Another problem his lab had was reading secret numbers, words, and cards from the OBE state.. He'd go OBE, read the numbers or secret words, but when he woke up and checked them, they had somehow been scrambled. They were always wrong.

The same is true for some of my own experiences--I think some are genuinely paranormal. The problem is that I can't prove it.  My OBE where I saw the old lady and the freak poodle with a mohawk is an example.  I can't repeate teh experiences over and over and on demand. It happens once, then I fail ten  more times, then it happens again. Many university parapsychology studies suffer from the same problem.

I'm looking for objective data. That doesn't mean the experiences aren't real. I think they need to be studied, and better ways need to be worked out to study them.

these people are talking from the afterlife... those are their voices...Leslie Flint was thoroughly investigated and no one (not even scientists) found any fraud...

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »
these people are talking from the afterlife... those are their voices...Leslie Flint was thoroughly investigated and no one (not even scientists) found any fraud...

I'm going to ask the kind of question Art Bell might have asked on his show. Say I believe Flint, but I have an audience who wants proof. I'm not saying he's not what he claims to be. I would ask this for the benefit of the audience.    if you were a physical medium like Flint, and you knew beyond all doubt that you were communicating with the dead, how would you prove it to other people ?

tootsie_wootsy

• Elluminati
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 02:28:31 PM »
I'm going to ask the kind of question Art Bell might have asked on his show. Say I believe Flint, but I have an audience who wants proof. I'm not saying he's not what he claims to be. I would ask this for the benefit of the audience.    if you were a physical medium like Flint, and you knew beyond all doubt that you were communicating with the dead, how would you prove it to other people ?

i guess you can't...but I feel this is good enough documentation to listen to and keep an open mind.. That's the best we can do unless it personally happens to us (which has happened to me) but I don't expect anyone (even people who know me well) to just believe me...In most cases, we are stuck with just keeping an open mind and take into serious consideration what we may find to be convincing enough for us to do so...you are asking for alot. have you ever communicated with a person in the afterlife?

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellightened
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
Halloween got me into the paranormal, since I was a little kid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Employees must wash hands before returning to work.

tootsie_wootsy

• Elluminati
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
Halloween got me into the paranormal, since I was a little kid.

LOL  funny   :)

ShayP

• KNYE
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »
Dreams, Sci-Fi shows, Legends, Seeing my dead Aunt months after she died, Having the sense that something else is 'out there', and pretty much questioning everything.   ;)

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2018, 03:49:14 PM »
i guess you can't...but I feel this is good enough documentation to listen to and keep an open mind.. That's the best we can do unless it personally happens to us (which has happened to me) but I don't expect anyone (even people who know me well) to just believe me...In most cases, we are stuck with just keeping an open mind and take into serious consideration what we may find to be convincing enough for us to do so...you are asking for alot. have you ever communicated with a person in the afterlife?
I agree with you.

It's a lot easier to prove to yourself that something you experienced is real than it is to prove it to others.

I spent a lot of time trying to prove to myself that some of the things I was experiencing were real.  The fact that i  get migraines confounds it. That's why I wrote about migraines.

The migraine aura can lok like a paranormal experience.  If I rule out everything that could be a migraine aura, what is left could be paranormal.

On communicating with the dead, mediums in western countries and shamans in traditional cultures try to do this. I believe some are able to.

I believe that the dead communicate with me sometimes.The problem is proving it. I'll give an example. I had an aquantance a couple years ago. His name was François. François was 36, atheletic, and in good health. I knew him through friends, and we had played Dungeons and Dragons a couple of times.

One night, I do an OBE. I'm wandering around the neighborhood we lived in. It's late at night, and there aren't many people out.  Most of the houses are dark. The people are asleep.

Here and there is a dreamer sleepwalking in their litle dream world. They don't see me. Sometimes, a revenant goes skulking by in the shadows. Figments of dreams and thought-forms pop up and then fade away.

I'm getting bored. Suddenly, François shows up. 

He looks well.He seems like he's in a good mood. I'm glad to see that because his girlfriend was being abusive to him last time I saw him..

"Hello," I say.

He looks at me and says, "Hello Fast n Bulbous.How's it going?"

I go, "So so... Can you really see me? Most people here can't. They're just dreaming. But you look like you're alert."

François has this sheepish look on his face. "Yeah. I can see you. I'm really here and awake."

François isn't the kind of guy who gives the impression that he can do OBEs. He"s more of a hands-on and practical person. He isn't given to flights of fancy nor has an interest in the paranormal.

I ask him how he is able to be here. He beats around the bush and won't give me a straight answer. "Come on, what's going on with you? I can't maintain this state, and I'm about to wake up. Just tell me," I said.

By now, I'm feeling the body gravity trying hard to suck me back into my body. I hang on tight, trying to stay here. If there were a "silver cord," I would have cut it. After some time, he finally says it-- "I'm dead."

BEfore I can ask question him, or make a Dungeons and Dragons joke about going to find a Cleric who can cast a REsurrection Spell on him, i wake up. I turned on the light and wrote the experience in a notebook as soon as I woke up.

Two days later, I was told that he had died the night I saw him. That's happened with people and pets I cared about like cats and dogs.

To me, it's evidence of communication with the dead. I put it in my notebook when I had the OBE. It's never been wrong. It's happened enough times that I rule out chance or "synchronicity." It can only count if it happens the day they die and before I hear about it in waking life . Unfortunately, it's not enough to prove it to other people.

I get similar experiences in a trance state that is not OBE, but it's not people I know.

I don't think it has anything to do with migraines. It's not a migraine aura. I didn't have a migraine that day.

It would change the world if there were a reliable way to communicate with the dead. So far, all anybody can do is prove it to themselves.

tootsie_wootsy

• Elluminati
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »
I agree with you.

It's a lot easier to prove to yourself that something you experienced is real than it is to prove it to others.

I spent a lot of time trying to prove to myself that some of the things I was experiencing were real.  The fact that i  get migraines confounds it. That's why I wrote about migraines.

The migraine aura can lok like a paranormal experience.  If I rule out everything that could be a migraine aura, what is left could be paranormal.

On communicating with the dead, mediums in western countries and shamans in traditional cultures try to do this. I believe some are able to.

I believe that the dead communicate with me sometimes.The problem is proving it. I'll give an example. I had an aquantance a couple years ago. His name was François. François was 36, atheletic, and in good health. I knew him through friends, and we had played Dungeons and Dragons a couple of times.

One night, I do an OBE. I'm wandering around the neighborhood we lived in. It's late at night, and there aren't many people out.  Most of the houses are dark. The people are asleep.

Here and there is a dreamer sleepwalking in their litle dream world. They don't see me. Sometimes, a revenant goes skulking by in the shadows. Figments of dreams and thought-forms pop up and then fade away.

I'm getting bored. Suddenly, François shows up. 

He looks well.He seems like he's in a good mood. I'm glad to see that because his girlfriend was being abusive to him last time I saw him..

"Hello," I say.

He looks at me and says, "Hello Fast n Bulbous.How's it going?"

I go, "So so... Can you really see me? Most people here can't. They're just dreaming. But you look like you're alert."

François has this sheepish look on his face. "Yeah. I can see you. I'm really here and awake."

François isn't the kind of guy who gives the impression that he can do OBEs. He"s more of a hands-on and practical person. He isn't given to flights of fancy nor has an interest in the paranormal.

I ask him how he is able to be here. He beats around the bush and won't give me a straight answer. "Come on, what's going on with you? I can't maintain this state, and I'm about to wake up. Just tell me," I said.

By now, I'm feeling the body gravity trying hard to suck me back into my body. I hang on tight, trying to stay here. If there were a "silver cord," I would have cut it. After some time, he finally says it-- "I'm dead."

BEfore I can ask question him, or make a Dungeons and Dragons joke about going to find a Cleric who can cast a REsurrection Spell on him, i wake up. I turned on the light and wrote the experience in a notebook as soon as I woke up.

Two days later, I was told that he had died the night I saw him. That's happened with people and pets I cared about like cats and dogs.

To me, it's evidence of communication with the dead. I put it in my notebook when I had the OBE. It's never been wrong. It's happened enough times that I rule out chance or "synchronicity." It can only count if it happens the day they die and before I hear about it in waking life . Unfortunately, it's not enough to prove it to other people.

I get similar experiences in a trance state that is not OBE, but it's not people I know.

I don't think it has anything to do with migraines. It's not a migraine aura. I didn't have a migraine that day.

It would change the world if there were a reliable way to communicate with the dead. So far, all anybody can do is prove it to themselves.

well, i have told some other people about my one experience and not sure if they believe me or not..They know I don't make up stories or have delusions but whether they totally believe me, i don't think so...I am convinced what happened to me was absolutely real but I have given up and, at this point, I don't care whether anyone else believes it... that is not the point of my experience. .the point is I know it was real.. thanks so much. love your thoughts and expressions and hearing about your experiences..

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2018, 04:50:14 PM »
Leslie Flint was thoroughly investigated and no one (not even scientists) found any fraud...

I am not sure what scientists would test for but everything I read about him made him out to be a total fraud.

LawnBoy

• KMST
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 08:16:33 PM »
The plethora of great TV shows in the 60's turned me on to the paranormal.

It all began with the most thought provoking, ahead of it's time, modern day Aesop's Fables, The Twilight Zone. There was One Step Beyond, The Outer Limits, The Invaders, Science Fiction Theatre and other good shows. What was great about those shows was there was no thought police or gag lines (maybe one or two TWLZ episodes) to steer you to a conclusion. Just pure sci-fi that made you have to think and figure it out. These shows were great for people like us who want to know what our purpose is, what's next, what is on the other side, what's out there.......

Today's youth has become so dumbed down in that regard that those types of shows would not work today. If there's no carnage, racial and sexual innuendo or bombs exploding everywhere, our attention wains. It's a shame because I would suspect that many of us grew up watching these great shows and got the paranormal bug as a result  The presentations were dated and corny, but they opened our collective minds.

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2018, 05:49:14 AM »
I am not sure what scientists would test for but everything I read about him made him out to be a total fraud.
Testing claims of mediumship usually don't lead anywhere. It's just as hard to disprove a claim as it is to prove it.

In the early 1900s, this wasn't the case. Debunkers would secretly bring in flash cameras to sceances where mediums were performing.. When an apparition appeared, the debunker would take a photo, and the flash would show beyond the doubt that the apparation was the medium's accomplace wearing a whtie sheet or something.

Nowadays, fake mediums are more careful. It's a lot harder to catch them. 

Parapsychology labs have used infrared cameras and other instruments that can detect eletromagnetic radiation, but nothing convincing ever shows up.

Maybe other types of devices are needed- something to measure minute changes in the density of the air, or some future technology that can measure yet undetected partiles of exotic matter. 

The fact that it hasn't been proved doesn't mean there isn't something going on. Ball lightning was long thought to be a myth. Today, it is poorly understood, but it's real.

If a paranormal event is observed by others, it still remains to explain HOW it happened. For example, if a medium tells an invesigator the contents of a sealed enveloppe known only to the dead man who wrote the note, what does it prove? Life after death, or maybe the medium is actually a clairvoyant.  Or maybe he used telepathy to go back in time to when the dead man was still living and read his mind.

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »
well, i have told some other people about my one experience and not sure if they believe me or not..They know I don't make up stories or have delusions but whether they totally believe me, i don't think so...I am convinced what happened to me was absolutely real but I have given up and, at this point, I don't care whether anyone else believes it... that is not the point of my experience. .the point is I know it was real.. thanks so much. love your thoughts and expressions and hearing about your experiences..
I'm glad you liked it.  Care to share your experience?

tootsie_wootsy

• Elluminati
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2018, 07:41:30 AM »

oh, really?  i've read he was thoroughly investigated. :o. idk.. i'll look further.. thanks   :o

Praise BE

a sample of what i have found..
Leslie Flint was tested by many scientists. Experiments would see him tied to a chair, gagged and holding a mouthful of coloured water, which he had to empty into a glass at the end of the test to prove that he was not a ventriloquist. A Dr Louis Young invented most of these tests and, along with members of the Society for Psychical Research, carried out further tests in infra-red light with a microphone attached to Leslie’s throat. Still the voices were recorded.

During the course of many years and many investigations, no one ever accused Leslie Flint of being a trickster or fake and his gift became known all over the world. People who had lost a loved one would come from far and wide in the hope of hearing the voices of their nearest and dearest speak directly to them from beyond the grave. So many people, as it happened, that Leslie had to hold group sessions to accommodate the demand for sittings.. idk..  :o
http://psychictruth.info/Medium_Leslie_Flint.htm

tootsie_wootsy

• Elluminati
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
I'm glad you liked it.  Care to share your experience?

yes, i have before on here but i will again soon.. i just need some more coffee now.. lol 

EllGab™️

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »