Author Topic: The Fights! PPV's and so on  (Read 145 times)

ksm32

• KNYE
  • Black Olives Matter
The Fights! PPV's and so on
« on: September 28, 2018, 11:59:42 PM »
From time to time I'll cough up the $60. for a UFC PPV depending on who's fighting. I'll watch boxing if it's on TV and the same goes for other combative disciplines. So called professional wrestling is completely lost on me, I would rather watch the Young and the Restless because they're pretty much the same product. The UFC is far from what it used to be but once in a while they get it right with a worth watching card. I'm hoping GSP comes back for one more.. we'll see.

Not on my life would I have rented the ConnorGreggor Mayweather fight, and I didn't. The hype tour that precedes these mega events is beyond transparent and I won't sully myself to contribute to it. That said; every fight is so hyped now that it might as well be the WWE.
1967 Les Paul Goldtop

Zetaspeak

• KDWN
Re: The Fights! PPV's and so on
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:32:06 AM »
I can't get into UFC, I tried, it just not my thing

When I was younger I was into boxing and then fell out of it but in the recent couple of years I been back into it. So glad good frights aren't all PPV exclusive as they once were, you get a lot of quality fights if you have Showtime.

ShayP

• Drone Pilot
  • Yip-yip-yip-yip Uh-huh-uh-huh
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:44:50 AM »
I can't get into UFC, I tried, it just not my thing

When I was younger I was into boxing and then fell out of it but in the recent couple of years I been back into it. So glad good frights aren't all PPV exclusive as they once were, you get a lot of quality fights if you have Showtime.

I liked UFC when it first started and was unregulated. (early 90's)  Back when you'd see a 400 pound guy from Africa fight a 180 pound construction worker from Colorado.  There were trained and skilled fighters back then too but it was essentially a free for all...any weight class or skill set vs. the other.  I could care less about it now.  I'm not talking about tough-guy competitions either.  This was UFC.

I like boxing.  Not a huge fan, but if I could afford it I'd get the PPV's.  The Canelo/Alvarez fights were intriguing to me.  Watched the first one but only caught highlights of the second.  GGG was robbed in the first fight and the second should've been a draw, IMO.

FightTheFuture

• KMST
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »
Khabib in the 4th round. Fight will be stopped. McGregor`s face will be largely unrecognizable and forever altered.
พระเจ้าอวยพรหมูป่า !!

ksm32

• KNYE
  • Black Olives Matter
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
Khabib in the 4th round. Fight will be stopped. McGregor`s face will be largely unrecognizable and forever altered.
Nice to see you FtF.

I want the same outcome but I would like to see a second round stopage. I don't think Khabib will be able to get to Conners face, simply because Connors footwork (in and out real quick) is just that good. Still I can't stand the guy and he's turned the sport into a carnval.

Rumers have GSP wanting Macregger should he beat Khabib at 155. George not interested in a Khabib fight simply because it won't be as grand. However, Connor has stated that he is not interested in a GSP fight but instead wants Anderson Silva which I think is ridiculous but smart because George would run through him at any weight. And he knows that.

think I've spelled Connor three different ways... meh
1967 Les Paul Goldtop

FightTheFuture

• KMST
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 09:47:26 PM »
Khabib in the 4th round. Fight will be stopped.

Right again. 8)
พระเจ้าอวยพรหมูป่า !!

ksm32

• KNYE
  • Black Olives Matter
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »
Right again. 8)
Yes, you were. The fifth round was rather, unorthodox?
1967 Les Paul Goldtop

EllGab™️

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »