Author Topic: SOS - Word Online Formatting  (Read 571 times)

Aquarius

• Ellightened
  • Why? Why not?
Re: SOS - Word Online Formatting
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »

Thanks for a great suggestion though.  I love Notepad apps and websites!

You're most welcome!

• Elluminati
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »

Whistler

• KNYE
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 04:15:19 AM »
Keith strikes again!
Nope, Brazil - LOL    ;D
Very funny Mr. Scott,.
Now beam down my damn Uniform.

Whistler

• KNYE
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »
It looks like a lot of people on the Internet have similar issues.  One person said after many efforts and partial solutions, things finally got back to English after he cleared everything, cookies, cache, logon data, etc...  Glad it doesn't matter to you!
Bleachbit...     Oh Wait - WinDoze.    :o
Very funny Mr. Scott,.

Whistler

• KNYE
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 04:25:20 AM »
Thanks for an excellent idea.  I wonder if that works for images.  I don't know what the Microsoft problem I was having with copying & pasting images last week.  It's them, not me.

Biggest issues at my cranky moment right now are:
-Not having a "properties" field when I right click in Chrome or IE on the laptop.
-Not seeing any branding on any browser.  Everything else in the world is branded.  I should see a brand name on my screen.  This isn't a communist country.
-Not remembering Cntl-A for copy in Chrome.  It's not a keyboard shortcut, either, bec there is no other way to copy.  Stupid.  I love command codes as much as any fast keyboarder, but there should also be a mouse way.

Thanks for a great suggestion though.  I love Notepad apps and websites!
If you're looking for a text editor that carries, or doesn't carry over, formatting (at you discretion,) I'd recommend SciTE It's more of an IDE editor, but it works on Doze, and it has a lot of features, but is still fairly lightweight.   
Once you get used to it, it's damn fast.   ;)
Very funny Mr. Scott,.

juan

• KNYE
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 04:33:08 AM »
Copy and paste is one of the basis functions of a word processor, so one would think it would work well in all of these programs. I’ve found it highly unreliable on every one of them except Microsoft Word installed on the computer.

Libre Office will copy something, paste it, then copy something else and paste the first section again. Searching online, I see complaints about this going back to early versions of Open Office.

I think I’m going back to emacs.

Whistler

• KNYE
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »
Copy and paste is one of the basis functions of a word processor, so one would think it would work well in all of these programs. I’ve found it highly unreliable on every one of them except Microsoft Word installed on the computer.

Libre Office will copy something, paste it, then copy something else and paste the first section again. Searching online, I see complaints about this going back to early versions of Open Office.

I think I’m going back to emacs.

SHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh - Are you trying to start a Flame-War with the Vim groupies ?   :o        ;)       ;D
Very funny Mr. Scott,.

EllGab™️

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »