Author Topic: The 100 Years Ago Thread  (Read 1460100 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
Re: The 100 Years Ago Thread
« Reply #2565 on: September 16, 2019, 08:57:23 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @BartEllProducer, @Starbuck Twitch, @Bobs Your Uncle and @FISH, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mrs. Thompson advises keeping both men as friends.  Otherwise, write to the out of town guy less frequently and finally, cease writing to him altogether.  Everyone who mentioned  the use of letters got at least a point.

juan: 2 points
Starbuck Twist: 1 point
anniem: 1 point
Mr. Apnea: 1 point
FISH: 1 point
Bart Ell: 0 points
BartEllProducer: 0 points
Bobs Your Uncle: 0 points

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2566 on: September 16, 2019, 09:34:01 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @BartEllProducer, @Starbuck Twitch, @Bobs Your Uncle and @FISH, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

Mrs. Thompson advises keeping both men as friends.  Otherwise, write to the out of town guy less frequently and finally, cease writing to him altogether.  Everyone who mentioned  the use of letters got at least a point.

juan: 2 points
Starbuck Twist: 1 point
anniem: 1 point
Mr. Apnea: 1 point
FISH: 1 point
Bart Ell: 0 points
BartEllProducer: 0 points
Bobs Your Uncle: 0 points

All the B's lose out. Again.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #2567 on: September 17, 2019, 12:49:03 AM »
All the B's lose out. Again.

Don't B discouraged.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #2568 on: September 17, 2019, 12:52:14 AM »
From the Library of Congress.  The Richmond Palladium and Sun-Telegram, September 17, 1919.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #2569 on: September 17, 2019, 01:24:50 AM »
                                   From the Library of Congress, 1919.

What Will Mrs. Thompson Say?

Mrs. Thompson has told me that she receives extra special types of questions in the mail on occasion.  No blackhead questions, or 'does he love me or loves me not' questions.  These questions are out of the ordinary and will be labeled as being a Mrs. Thompson Classy Question.  Each correct answer (or answers) will be worth 10 big points.  Here is the first Mrs. Thompson Classy Question(s):

I tried to look over Mrs. Thompson's shoulder as she typed up a reply to Thank You Boy's inquiries but I couldn't see the words clearly.  I counted about seven or so tips and pieces of advise in her reply though, so have at it and good luck.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2570 on: September 17, 2019, 04:04:22 AM »
From the Library of Congress.  The Richmond Palladium and Sun-Telegram, September 17, 1919.

LORAIN—very thoughtful robbers
BRYAN—Death already separated Mr. and Mrs.
PIQUA—IS DEAD
TROY—food stuff is exhausted
AKRON—SILKS?

(funny)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2571 on: September 17, 2019, 04:18:11 AM »

Mrs. Thompson has told me that she receives extra special types of questions in the mail on occasion.  No blackhead questions, or 'does he love me or loves me not' questions.  These questions are out of the ordinary and will be labeled as being a Mrs. Thompson Classy Question.  Each correct answer (or answers) will be worth 10 big points.  Here is the first Mrs. Thompson Classy Question(s):

I tried to look over Mrs. Thompson's shoulder as she typed up a reply to Thank You Boy's inquiries but I couldn't see the words clearly.  I counted about seven or so tips and pieces of advise in her reply though, so have at it and good luck.

Mrs. Thompson Classy Question.
But, but, but, we love the blackhead questions. By the looks of the first “Classy Question”, it appears that this question was written by a Darwin Award winner. Thank you Mrs. Elizabeth and Rikki for taking the time to play this game.
"Let's get ready to rumble!"

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2572 on: September 17, 2019, 06:25:51 AM »

You can comments on their dress, tell them their hair looks freshly washed, compliment their ample bosom, mention their fantastic smile, tell them they look like they would make a good cookie maker, tell them they have arms for batter mixing and tell them they seem pretty smart for a girl.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2573 on: September 17, 2019, 06:30:49 AM »

Dear Thank You,

I think you are pulling my leg so please stop it. If you're talking to friendly girls that is a good start. Best to not talk to the strange girls as they will lead you on by telling you stories like they are "best friends with Art Bell" or they are Art's " legacy". Do not fall for it. It will cost you money and it will end badly.
Continue talking to the nice girls and maybe you'll become friends. Do not get discouraged if sometimes it doesn't work out. The right one will come along in time.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #2574 on: September 17, 2019, 07:03:19 AM »

No, friendly is how things start when they don't know you

1. Find out her hobbies and engage her on them
2. Go to her church
3.  Make friends with her family
4.  Do the same strange things she does

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2575 on: September 17, 2019, 08:57:56 AM »

It is not likely for a girl to speak friendly to you if she dislikes you. She might like you if she speaks friendly to you. 
Get to know strange people better by conversing with them and finding out what they like to talk about, what they do and how they like to spend their free time.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2576 on: September 17, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »

A girl who speaks friendly is being courteous.  If you wish to talk to a strange girl then just say hello.  Strike up a conversation.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #2577 on: September 17, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »

Not necessarily, she’s probably just being polite and has not formed an opinion yet.

I don’t think you mean “strange” girl in the sense that she or they are strange, but rather a girl you don’t know. Here are some tips.
1. Make them laugh.
2. Compliment them.
3. Find out what they like to do and go do it too in hopes of meeting one.
4. Figure out what will impress them. Give it a try but don’t go as far as trying to show off.
5. Show confidence.
6. Once you’ve got her laughing, ask her out.
7. Bring her flowers and take her to dance her feet off. *Their guard goes down some when you tire them out. She might even squeeze your ass and give you a smooch.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2578 on: September 17, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »

1-If a girl dislike you, she does not speak friendly to you.
2-If she is speaking friendly to you, she likes you.
3- To get on a girls good side, write down some words for her i.e. a letter/a poem.
5-Talk to a girl about her interest. This is how strangers become friends.
6-Give her a small gift.
7-Show your strange girl that you value her friendship.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2579 on: September 17, 2019, 02:44:55 PM »
Dear Thank You Boy
Some people are naturally friendly. At least you know you have not frightened her. Try to find some social skills and apply them. Talk to girls. Compliment them on something truthful, though slight exaggeration is acceptable. Draw them out and learn their interests, then learn something about those things. Claim to be a regular church attender - even if you have to cook up a tale such as trying to attend every church in the county to explain why nobody at church knows who you are. Be presentable. Bathe, shave and change your shirt, not just cuffs and collar. Rather than just a job, be on a career path with a promising establishment. Get something better than a Ford with one door.
Merry Christmas