Author Topic: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says  (Read 50470 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Stupid crap my Father-in-law say
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2019, 12:31:14 PM »
When I was about 8 or 9 we had a white German Shepherd named "Whitey."  (We were always very clever in naming our pets.)  On occasion he would escape from our fenced in backyard and I was usually the one sent out to round him up.  One of those times I found him with a freshly killed chicken in his mouth that he would not surrender until I got him back into the yard where my Dad was standing at which time he proudly dropped the chicken at my Dad's  feet.   My Dad scolded the dog severely and then went to settle up with an old gentleman who lived about a mile from us who raised a few chickens.   

A few weeks later, I came home to find my Dad chasing Whitey around the backyard and beating him with a dead chicken. There they were, my father swinging the dead bird like a tennis racket while cursing a blue streak, Whitey scooting around with tail tucked and yelping and feathers flying all over.  It was a sight to behold.  It turned out that the old gent who owned the chickens had told my Dad that beating the dog with the carcass would cure him of his chicken thievery.  It worked.  The dog went straight after that, never again to bring home a limp chicken.
That's really cool.

It wouldn't have been good for  the dog. 

Grafted:  At my side constantly.  Never leaves me except to crap.
I appreciate Astro B*tch's explanation, but why would a dog Velcro someone who hurt him so bad?  I would think it would cause more independence or fear, not a bond?  Was it a male dog?  I've had Velcro pets; love that.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2019, 05:24:56 PM »
That's really cool.
I appreciate Astro B*tch's explanation, but why would a dog Velcro someone who hurt him so bad?  I would think it would cause more independence or fear, not a bond?  Was it a male dog?  I've had Velcro pets; love that.

Might be a classic beta male - literally!

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2019, 11:39:40 PM »
That's really cool.
Yes.  It's a male.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
Re: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says
« Reply #288 on: May 09, 2019, 05:28:02 PM »
I don't think FIL ever hit Louie because when he got on all fours and blew in Louie's face and Louie rip Clawed him in the eye (as my girl calls it) he just shook it off and said he deserved it for getting on his level.  Ok so FIL is now making blades(as he calls it) and he has this country group blearing from his work shop(more like a shed) https://youtu.be/B9FzVhw8_bY , it starting to drive me crazy.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »
That's really cool.
Animals just like people gravitate to those who are/hold power as in the Alpha/dominate dog
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
I don't think FIL ever hit Louie because when he got on all fours and blew in Louie's face and Louie rip Clawed him in the eye (as my girl calls it) he just shook it off and said he deserved it for getting on his level.  Ok so FIL is now making blades(as he calls it) and he has this country group blearing from his work shop(more like a shed) https://youtu.be/B9FzVhw8_bY , it starting to drive me crazy.
I love those guys!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2019, 01:11:09 AM »
Animals just like people gravitate to those who are/hold power as in the Alpha/dominate dog
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just my opinion, but I think a beating backfires with a lot of personality types.  Not everyone is willing to sell out for handouts.  It even wrap my head around it, but it does explain the mob mentality.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2019, 01:11:53 AM »
Yes.  It's a male.
Hmmm.  Well, in humans, men do seem to resolve things by fighting sometimes.  I've heard some male dogs are that way.  As time goes on, more and more women are starting to fight too, which I find gross.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »
Hmmm.  Well, in humans, men do seem to resolve things by fighting sometimes.  I've heard some male dogs are that way.  As time goes on, more and more women are starting to fight too, which I find gross.
that is because they want to be the Alpha bitch amongst bitches

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2019, 12:32:14 AM »
that is because they want to be the Alpha bitch amongst bitches
Crazy.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:57 AM »
Nothing gets me hotter than a good cat fight.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
Nothing gets me hotter than a good cat fight.
That sounds like something FIL would say.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2019, 07:00:53 PM »
That sounds like something FIL would say.
FIL says Louie is so stupid he won't chase cats, fetch a stick or catch food in his mouth, it just hits him in the face and falls down in front of him then he eats it, but he sure as hell will steal his sandwich bust the hell out the back door and Rip Claw (Cassie's name for it) him in the eye when he blows in his face but they are always together.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #298 on: May 21, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
Today FIL was sleeping in the yard in a low lawn chair and Louie came up to him and pissed on him and louie just strutted away like he had no care in the world

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #299 on: May 21, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »
Today FIL was sleeping in the yard in a low lawn chair and Louie came up to him and pissed on him and louie just strutted away like he had no care in the world
They both have terrible manners.  :(
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.