Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 281452 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Somewhere in time with Art Bell
« Reply #1470 on: July 06, 2022, 09:02:11 PM »
I wish they would release episodes that they haven’t re-aired. Everyone knows this but Noory said there were VHS tapes all over of old shows. That stuff needs to be transferred ASAP, there probably already is tape degradation.  Seems unlikely to happen at this point. I had hope when they announced the art bell vault but it’s just stuff that was online anyway.
Art Bell VAULT sounds like it would be the motherload! So it's just the same old shit they've been rerunning for years?

Fortunately, I have more AB than they apparently do. WAY MORE! Over 1800 - about 80 less than Art did in his entire C2C tenure. Where are those 80??

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: Somewhere in time with Art Bell
« Reply #1471 on: July 06, 2022, 09:16:51 PM »
Art Bell VAULT sounds like it would be the motherload! So it's just the same old shit they've been rerunning for years?

Fortunately, I have more AB than they apparently do. WAY MORE! Over 1800 - about 80 less than Art did in his entire C2C tenure. Where are those 80??
are you more of an art bell fan then @Jedimiller ?? when did you start listening to art and why? @KSM

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1472 on: July 06, 2022, 09:27:12 PM »
@Billy Joe Mulgreavey Hello there.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #1473 on: July 07, 2022, 05:21:50 AM »

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1474 on: July 07, 2022, 05:47:44 AM »
Heard another show I had never heard before. A whack-a-doodle woman from Texas named Cynthia Turnage. Turns out she is an author of 4 books that should make one or more of @Camazotz Automat reading lists.

She has authored four books for Timeless Voyager Press including, The Holy Bible Is An Extraterrestrial Transmission, War In Heaven, ET’s Are On The Moon And Mars, and Sexual Encounters With Extraterrestrials. She has been featured on “STRANGE UNIVERSE (television), ART BELL (syndicated radio), and AFTER DARK (magazine).

About the Author
C. L. Turnage is a free lance writer / speaker with an extensive background in History and Ancient Languages. She has studied over 300 translations of Ancient Mesopotamian and Vedic Scriptures, Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, Egyptian Writings, and extra-biblical books such as “Enoch the Prophet”. She is a member of the Ancient Astronaut Society and MUFON. With over 150 radio and television appearances world-wide to her credit, Turnage has been published in numerous magazines, newspapers, and periodicals.

She was very bubbly and very upbeat. I got a kick out of one of her comments at the end of the show.  “I’ve been talking for hours about how God is an extraterrestrial and all the callers want to argue about is whether or not there are clouds on the moon.”

She’s as nutty as Hoagland but much easier to listen to and she’s not afraid to say she’s not a physicist. Took me awhile to find her books because they are listed as C. L. Turnage. 
Are we having fun yet?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1475 on: July 07, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
Heard another show I had never heard before. A whack-a-doodle woman from Texas named Cynthia Turnage. Turns out she is an author of 4 books that should make one or more of @Camazotz Automat reading lists.

She has authored four books for Timeless Voyager Press including, The Holy Bible Is An Extraterrestrial Transmission, War In Heaven, ET’s Are On The Moon And Mars, and Sexual Encounters With Extraterrestrials. She has been featured on “STRANGE UNIVERSE (television), ART BELL (syndicated radio), and AFTER DARK (magazine).

About the Author
C. L. Turnage is a free lance writer / speaker with an extensive background in History and Ancient Languages. She has studied over 300 translations of Ancient Mesopotamian and Vedic Scriptures, Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, Egyptian Writings, and extra-biblical books such as “Enoch the Prophet”. She is a member of the Ancient ;) ;D Astronaut Society and MUFON. With over 150 radio and television appearances world-wide to her credit, Turnage has been published in numerous magazines, newspapers, and periodicals.

She was very bubbly and very upbeat. I got a kick out of one of her comments at the end of the show.  “I’ve been talking for hours about how God is an extraterrestrial and all the callers want to argue about is whether or not there are clouds on the moon.”

She’s as nutty as Hoagland but much easier to listen to and she’s not afraid to say she’s not a physicist. Took me awhile to find her books because they are listed as C. L. Turnage.
That sounds like an absolute hoot! ;D  “ The Holy Bible Is An Extraterrestrial Transmission, War In Heaven, ET’s Are On The Moon And Mars, and Sexual Encounters With Extraterrestrials.”  Priceless!  Get busy, Cam!  I’m expecting in-depth reviews, with all the sordid details.  :D  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1476 on: July 07, 2022, 09:59:19 AM »

About the Author
C. L. Turnage is a free lance writer / speaker with an extensive background in History and Ancient Languages. She has studied over 300 translations of Ancient Mesopotamian and Vedic Scriptures, Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, Egyptian Writings, and extra-biblical books such as “Enoch the Prophet”. She is a member of the Ancient Astronaut Society and MUFON. With over 150 radio and television appearances world-wide to her credit, Turnage has been published in numerous magazines, newspapers, and periodicals.

I remember her, whack-a-doodle is a good description.   She is, or was, the #2 for MUFON in the state of TX.  Another stellar high level appointee in MUFON.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1477 on: July 07, 2022, 10:12:44 AM »
I found this page, last updated in 1999
https://adapa.tripod.com/index.html

I saw a hyphenated name but she seems very different from the two photos of C. L.

No modern presence, did she renounce her past work and disappear into society? Die? Change her gender and is now "Larry Smith?"
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1478 on: July 07, 2022, 10:32:51 AM »

I saw a hyphenated name but she seems very different from the two photos of C. L.

No modern presence, did she renounce her past work and disappear into society? Die? Change her gender and is now "Larry Smith?"
Man, that site looks sooo dated. Guessing, 2000? latest? Almost looks like Keith's early work.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1479 on: July 07, 2022, 11:02:53 AM »

She has authored four books for Timeless Voyager Press including, The Holy Bible Is An Extraterrestrial Transmission, War In Heaven, ET’s Are On The Moon And Mars, and Sexual Encounters With Extraterrestrials...

I'm down for The Holy Bible Is An Extraterrestrial Transmission.  I wonder if she limits herself to the current Bible as we know it, or also included some of the other texts that didn't make the cut, like the Book of Enoch.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1480 on: July 07, 2022, 11:54:43 AM »

https://hendersoncountytexasnow.com/obituary-cynthia-turnage/

Correct state, age seems about right if you look at her in the 1997 video. The deceased Turnage would have been 40-41 in 1997, the Turnage in the video could easily be 40ish.

According to the obit, the dead gal was a public school teacher, a Baptist (probably Southern Baptist) and a lesbian. If a school system and Baptist church in East Texas can accept she was a lesbian, writing the odd book about aliens probably wouldn't put them off.  I think there's a good chance it's her.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1481 on: July 07, 2022, 11:58:03 AM »
https://hendersoncountytexasnow.com/obituary-cynthia-turnage/

Correct state, age seems about right if you look at her in the 1997 video. The deceased Turnage would have been 40-41 in 1997, the Turnage in the video could easily be 40ish.

According to the obit, the dead gal was a public school teacher, a Baptist (probably Southern Baptist) and a lesbian. If a school system and Baptist church in East Texas can accept she was a lesbian, writing the odd book about aliens probably wouldn't put them off.  I think there's a good chance it's her.

The woman that spoke with Art said she was 40. And was married to a guy.

She might not have been a lesbian when she died. That might have been clumsy wording where it says her son John and wife Emily. Emily might be John’s wife.

Are we having fun yet?

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1482 on: July 07, 2022, 12:48:22 PM »
The woman that spoke with Art said she was 40. And was married to a guy.

She might not have been a lesbian when she died. That might have been clumsy wording where it says her son John and wife Emily. Emily might be John’s wife.

I just looked it up, she was on C2C with Bell a few weeks before her 42nd birthday, assuming the DoB in the obit is correct. She could have fudged a year.  You are likely correct about the wording, Emily was almost certainly her son's wife.  That would also account for her telling Bell she was married (to a guy), a fact I overlooked as her late husband is mentioned  in the obit as having preceded her in death. My apologies to Ms Turnage and her family/friends.

So would a Baptist church, or even a public school system, in rural Texas accept a teacher who wrote books claiming the Bible was an extraterrestrial transmission? The church probably only if she "renounced her past work," the school only if she didn't advertise her affiliation to them. Considering no bio I could find mentioned her day job or even her degree(s), and she wrote using her initials vice given first/middle name, I think the author and the woman in the obit are one and the same.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1483 on: July 07, 2022, 04:52:36 PM »
The noses don't match as far as I can see...

Disease might have something to do with it...???

"Cindi L. Turnage" might be a hit???

Might I add that the C2C website guest search feature is made by morons.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1484 on: July 07, 2022, 05:48:02 PM »
The noses don't match as far as I can see...

Disease might have something to do with it...???

"Cindi L. Turnage" might be a hit???

Might I add that the C2C website guest search feature is made by morons.

One other piece of the puzzle was the deceased taught school in Malakoff, TX.  One of the sites I found affiliated with C. L. Turnage's former MUFON position gave a postal mailing address for her of Dawson, TX. The two towns look to be about 30 miles apart on TX31.