Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 279779 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1500 on: July 08, 2022, 04:43:04 PM »
I'd say that we've pretty much doxed her and Bob. Not intentional of course but there they are.

Her name is no longer Adolph, at least according to the data base I checked.  That's why I didn't post the link, as well as some other things I found about her.  As I said, she's led an interesting life.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1501 on: July 08, 2022, 07:22:11 PM »
Her name is no longer Adolph, at least according to the data base I checked.  That's why I didn't post the link, as well as some other things I found about her.  As I said, she's led an interesting life.
Ah, I didn't see any info that suggested an "interesting life" but I did see her rooftop.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1502 on: July 08, 2022, 08:55:35 PM »
Good lord, no. We're not evil.   

Now I want to hear the shows she did, but the dates escape me. I know I have them in me files.

Whatever happened to the guest logs on C2C 's website? I think I remember they were searchable by name. Now, it's by year and topic, I think.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1503 on: July 08, 2022, 09:38:36 PM »
Whatever happened to the guest logs on C2C 's website? I think I remember they were searchable by name. Now, it's by year and topic, I think.
Just like any site that works just as it should. They get bored and are compelled to fuck it up and call it new and improved.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1504 on: July 08, 2022, 10:01:45 PM »
Just like any site that works just as it should. They get bored and are compelled to fuck it up and call it new and improved.

Kind of like replacing great hosts with suckass losers who are "new and improved." A PremSuck tradition.
Eh, nevermind...

Rainman

• KMST
« Reply #1505 on: July 08, 2022, 10:03:58 PM »
Good lord, no. We're not evil.   

Now I want to hear the shows she did, but the dates escape me. I know I have them in me files.

Were there any other appearances other than 3/3/98?

http://web.archive.org/web/19990508223147/http://www.artbell.com/guests4.html

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudmUza2p4LmNhL2FydC9hcnQucnNz

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1506 on: July 08, 2022, 10:56:25 PM »
Were there any other appearances other than 3/3/98?

http://web.archive.org/web/19990508223147/http://www.artbell.com/guests4.html

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudmUza2p4LmNhL2FydC9hcnQucnNz
@Rainman Thank ya for the date of what may be the only show. I thought she was on twice, in fact I'm reasonably sure of it. Could be wrong.

Gonna revisit the aforementioned show.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1507 on: July 13, 2022, 12:18:26 PM »
Art had a dog for what I am assuming was not a long time. He speaks of her (the dog) during the Ed dames - Kill Shot & Discontinuity show. 1998-ish. Maybe 97.
Art invited listeners to go to the website to see a photo of his new dog and tell him what breed she was. I am assuming they did not have the dog for very long as you never heard about her after that week.
I wonder what happened! ? The dog went after a cat or two and Art put her down himself or perhaps took her in to a vet and had her put to sleep. Or, took her to a shelter to hopefully be adopted? Who knows, but it's really weird hearing him talk about his dog. Just doesn't sound right.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1508 on: July 13, 2022, 12:30:44 PM »
Art had a dog for what I am assuming was not long. He speaks of her (the dog) during the Ed dames - Kill Shot & Discontinuity show. 1998-ish. Maybe 97.
Art invited listeners to go to the website to see a photo of his new dog and tell him what breed she was. I am assuming they did not have the dog for very long as you never heard about her after that week.
I wonder what happened! ? The dog went after a cat or two and Art put her down himself or perhaps took her in to a vet and had her put to sleep. Or, took her to a shelter to hopefully be adopted. Really weird hearing him talk about his dog. Just doesn't sound right.
Heh, interesting.  All I remember is Art talking about his cats, like Yeti.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1509 on: July 13, 2022, 01:53:28 PM »
Maybe Yetti ran off the dog.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1510 on: July 13, 2022, 02:05:44 PM »
Heh, interesting.  All I remember is Art talking about his cats, like Yeti.
Well that's the thing, isn't it. He Liked, cats. When talking about his "dog" she did not seem to have a name. Most he said was that she was "friendly" and "sort of ugly, but cute at the same time" "wrinkly face" was also peppered in there. But no name! He loved to talk about the genesis of how all his furry felines got their names and what have you, not to mention the entire story of how these cats entered his and Ramona's lives.

woof  :'(

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #1511 on: July 13, 2022, 02:47:34 PM »
Art had a dog for what I am assuming was not a long time. He speaks of her (the dog) during the Ed dames - Kill Shot & Discontinuity show. 1998-ish. Maybe 97.
I wonder what happened! ? The dog went after a cat or two and Art put her down himself or perhaps took her in to a vet and had her put to sleep. Or, took her to a shelter to hopefully be adopted? Who knows, but it's really weird hearing him talk about his dog. Just doesn't sound right.

He also mentioned he would kill someone if he ever saw someone abusing a dog or animal. For all of his many faults abusing animals didn’t seem like it. Seemingly he was better with animals than people. Also, when he adopted a cat from the local shelter, he saw the state of the shelters condition and wrote them a check. He then went on air and raised money for them.  He did that for multiple shows, I remember it There is one show in the archive where he mentions it.  I believe he said the shelter even made renovations or built a new cat shelter with the money.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1512 on: July 13, 2022, 03:34:59 PM »
He also mentioned he would kill someone if he ever saw someone abusing a dog or animal. For all of his many faults abusing animals didn’t seem like it. Seemingly he was better with animals than people. Also, when he adopted a cat from the local shelter, he saw the state of the shelters condition and wrote them a check. He then went on air and raised money for them.  He did that for multiple shows, I remember it There is one show in the archive where he mentions it.  I believe he said the shelter even made renovations or built a new cat shelter with the money.

IIRC, testing my memory, it was about Ghost. Ghost had all sorts of severe injuries when Art found him under the cuckshack HQ. Ghost had to be euthanized. The wing was named after Ghost who spurred on the fundraising spontaneously at first.

Maybe right?  @KSM???
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1513 on: July 13, 2022, 04:15:13 PM »
Art had a dog...

Whoa Nellie..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1514 on: July 13, 2022, 06:31:47 PM »
IIRC, testing my memory, it was about Ghost. Ghost had all sorts of severe injuries when Art found him under the cuckshack HQ. Ghost had to be euthanized. The wing was named after Ghost who spurred on the fundraising spontaneously at first.

Maybe right?  @KSM???

Alot of that sounds very familiar. I think you're both correct. I also believe that I've lost a few Art Bell Nerd points. I should've remembered that stuff. In my defense, I hadn't listened to the previously aforementioned show for many years.

Damn, me. :-[

..and yes @nooryisawesome Art was much better with four legged beings than he was with those walking on two.