Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett  (Read 18063 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2022, 08:35:47 AM »
love it, Punnett again 'I'm giving the regular callers (The Sad Pack) the night off' lol

he then said he realizes others may feel differently but he's glad 'George has my back'. Noory did address this and said other Coast hosts can do what they want.

Good.  Syrett does the same thing on occasion.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2022, 08:36:34 AM »
Yep Corny complained to Noory one time about Ian blocking the regulars...

The Sad Pack feels entitled.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2022, 09:18:14 AM »
come to think of it, didn't Noory have a rule at one point for how often callers could call in? i seem to remember that.

Yes he did, but he never followed his so-called rule.  I think he claimed it was once a month.  I could be wrong.  However I do recall a guy that tried to call in a second time in a week and Noory scolded him.  But Annie From Alabama called four times in that same week.

ItsOver

• Ellightened
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2022, 09:52:25 AM »
Yes he did, but he never followed his so-called rule.  I think he claimed it was once a month.  I could be wrong.  However I do recall a guy that tried to call in a second time in a week and Noory scolded him.  But Annie From Alabama called four times in that same week.
Wow. This guy sounds like he really sucks. ;)
Antaŭen kamaradoj!

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2022, 09:52:55 AM »

One of IHeart's predecessors, maybe Clear Channel or Jacor, had a corporate policy on how often callers could call individual shows and/or win prizes.  WLW used to play a spot at least a couple times a day spelling out those rules. I heard it every weekday during evening drive time on the way home from work.

Ian's reaction to the open lines caller who thanked him for shutting down the regulars ("it's not personal, not them vs us, it's meant to give infrequent callers an opportunity") leads me to believe George set constraints on the rent-a-hosts' efforts to curtail them.  He certainly does not want to run them off, considering there are nights without the regulars he'd be doing either a monologue or risk running out of 3×5 card questions.

ItsOver

• Ellightened
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2022, 10:26:09 AM »
…He certainly does not want to run them off, considering there are nights without the regulars he'd be doing either a monologue or risk running out of 3×5 card questions.
Or cutting into his on air nap time.
Antaŭen kamaradoj!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2022, 10:36:30 AM »
Thing is, these sad pack callers repeat their stories so often that it's hard to tell if it's a replay or not. Maybe they are a tool of sNoory to obfuscate playing hooky.
Eh, nevermind...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login