Author Topic: Remembering @ShayP  (Read 7295 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Remembering @ShayP
« on: December 19, 2022, 10:46:35 AM »
I don't know how to do this.

I woke to find that I had a voicemail on my phone. The distressed voice was that of an elderly woman who would inform me that her name was Carrol, and that she was Sean's mom. In the message she went on to tell me that he had passed away early this morning. I literally could not believe what I was hearing.

After gathering myself I returned the phone call. She/mom/Carrol is awaiting further details and will keep me posted, but as of now it seems heart related. He had the shakes a few days ago and developed a high fever of 103, and he was napping a lot. Last night Carrol told him she wanted to call 911 or take him to the hospital but he declined and said that he would be fine and just to let him rest. She found him hours later after waking thinking that she heard him moving around. He wasn't. He was in bed and his mouth was foaming. Carrol tried pounding on his chest ETC but Sean remained unresponsive. Paramedics were called.  That is all I can relay at this point.

Some here know (knew) Sean on a level that went beyond these pages. @Rikki Gins @GravitySucks @PolkaDot @TigerLily I believe he also talked to FISH on the phone from time to time. I am sorry if I am leaving anyone out, but this is all I was aware of. @Bart Ell I can tell you that he thought that you were one of the funniest people ever, and that you cracked him up on several occasions.

Sean was a great guy. We talked many times on the phone over the last two years. In fact, he was the only male friend I've ever had where several hours would go by and we're still gabbing on the damn phone. He was an incredibly supportive friend to me while I was in the process of losing everything these last many months. His health problems were adding up and the system full of red tape was dragging its heels so he never knew exactly where he stood with medical appointments and such.

I could go on and on, but this is about him.

Feel free to share your thoughts and tip your hat to everybody's buddy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Remembering @ShayP
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 10:54:01 AM »
I am truly shocked and stunned. I am beyond sorry to hear this. He always had such a great sense of humor and I always enjoyed his good natured posts.

My very deepest condolences to his mother, family, and friends.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 11:06:57 AM »
I hope he finds himself in a place with endless filthy orgies and with the freedom to enjoy a prostate massage during oral sex without the reservations he may have had when he was among us.

I wish we had a chance to hear his karaoke recordings... especially Boz Scaggs.

Years ago he was the first one to request a Christmas card from me and seeing him letting everyone in on his Christmas plans for this year makes this extra sucky. I can't imagine the pain his mother is experiencing.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 11:28:09 AM »
I hope he finds himself in a place with endless filthy orgies and with the freedom to enjoy a prostate massage during oral sex without the reservations he may have had when he was among us.

I wish we had a chance to hear his karaoke recordings... especially Boz Scaggs.

Years ago he was the first one to request a Christmas card from me and seeing him letting everyone in on his Christmas plans for this year makes this extra sucky. I can't imagine the pain his mother is experiencing.

LOL Yeah, his Karaoke songs. He really wanted to start signing. Wanted a bass guitar too. I do believe that he would have eventually gotten to such things. Speaking of cards, he recently sent me both Thanksgiving and Christmas cards. Ahhh

PS He was a Christmas baby.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 11:39:58 AM »
I don't know how to do this.

I woke to find that I had a voicemail on my phone. The distressed voice was that of an elderly woman who would inform me that her name was Carrol, and that she was Sean's mom. In the message she went on to tell me that he had passed away early this morning. I literally could not believe what I was hearing.

After gathering myself I returned the phone call. She/mom/Carrol is awaiting further details and will keep me posted, but as of now it seems heart related. He had the shakes a few days ago and developed a high fever of 103, and he was napping a lot. Last night Carrol told him she wanted to call 911 or take him to the hospital but he declined and said that he would be fine and just to let him rest. She found him hours later after waking thinking that she heard him moving around. He wasn't. He was in bed and his mouth was foaming. Carrol tried pounding on his chest ETC but Sean remained unresponsive. Paramedics were called.  That is all I can relay at this point.

Some here know (knew) Sean on a level that went beyond these pages. @Rikki Gins @GravitySucks @PolkaDot @TigerLily I believe he also talked to FISH on the phone from time to time. I am sorry if I am leaving anyone out, but this is all I was aware of. @Bart Ell I can tell you that he thought that you were one of the funniest people ever, and that you cracked him up on several occasions.

Sean was a great guy. We talked many times on the phone over the last two years. In fact, he was the only male friend I've ever had where several hours would go by and we're still gabbing on the damn phone. He was an incredibly supportive friend to me while I was in the process of losing everything these last many months. His health problems were adding up and the system full of red tape was dragging its heels so he never knew exactly where he stood with medical appointments and such.

I could go on and on, but this is about him.

Feel free to share your thoughts and tip your hat to everybody's buddy.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
@KSM i'm sorry to hear about your friend.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 11:51:10 AM »
@KSM i'm sorry to hear about your friend.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 11:54:58 AM »
I still can’t believe it. Here today, gone tomorrow.  :( :'(
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 12:08:13 PM »
I’m shocked, too. Always enjoyed his posts. My condolences to his fam8ly.
Merry Christmas

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 02:19:21 PM »
Horrible news, especially for his family and our friends here just before the holidays. He was a really sweet guy and will be missed.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 03:19:06 PM »
😿

I enjoyed some of those his observations... A photo while walking around. Real organic, genuine.  I'm very sad.

Hopefully the event was not stressful or painful. Sounds like it might have been an steady wind down. (A dulling of the senses kind of embolism.)
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 04:01:21 PM »
I'm stunned.

What awful news. He was a very nice man and the world is a lesser place without him in it. I can not imagine the shock, horror and pain that his Mother is feeling now.  I know he mentioned that they were planning on having a quiet Christmas day together which sounded wonderful. I will pray for Shay's soul, his Mother and family.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Psalms 46:1

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2022, 04:16:33 PM »
I'll make breakfast and dinner.  Breakfast will be the usual eggs, buckwheat pancakes, and peppered bacon.

Dinner will be a roasted Beef Tri-Tip with chanterelle mushrooms and Bordelaise sauce (If I can find bone marrow that isn't cost prohibitive! Otherwise, Red Wine glazed).  Served with Gouda mashed potatoes and fresh herbs, roasted yellow or purple cauliflower (if I can still get either), and pan fried green beans with garlic.  I may do charred asparagus instead.  I'm on the fence.

Dessert will be a brûléed vanilla brioche bread pudding.

I probably will make a German style Riesling Soup as well.

I feel compelled to make this over the holidays.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2022, 04:25:52 PM »
I feel compelled to make this over the holidays.

Good luck. I can't even pronounce some of it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2022, 04:50:26 PM »
Our plans are so frail.

His Christmas menu sounds great. I'd grill the asparagus AND green beans with oil, pepper and sesame seeds, if I were to put a little Japanese twist to it.

It's got to be really hard, even into old age, when you bury a child. That is so abhorrent to nature.

I left a to-do list for my oldest when I die.  It includes coming here and stringing together a long list of expletives, all aimed at @KSM, of course. The instructions go on to make sure that accusations of him being a closeted Yngwie Malmsteen fanboi are made.
😁😁😁😁
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2022, 06:23:35 PM »
I'm still stunned. I don't have words yet. But I know if I had ever seen him walking down the street I would recognize him immediately. Especially if he were wearing the infamous yellow sundress.
I got to know Sean/Shay back in the Old Country when he invited me several times to join the After Midnight gang. It was always late for me but I thought if this Yinzer can stay up late this Cali can. Hilarity with Hogie ensued. Over the years he really became a friend. Funny, sweet. Always a gentleman. I was honored when he made a sandwich just for me. Lots of special memories. He was definitely one of the good guys. And he introduced me to Iron Maiden! I will miss you so much. Rest easy, my dear friend. Up the Irons!

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"