Author Topic: Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff  (Read 15407 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:45:00 PM »
There must be others. Guitar players, singers, even horn blowers. I'm a sucker for the sound of a piano. Whatever it is let's hear you.

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
Here's "I Found You" by The Christal River Band from 1985.  I played trombone and bass trombone and wrote the horn parts. (And BTW, I had to reduce the mp3 quality from the Heater standard 192k in order to make the size limitations of this site. Get things up to standards around here @Bart Ell).

[attachment[/attachment]
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:45:50 PM »
Here's "I Found You" by The Christal River Band from 1985.  I played trombone and bass trombone and wrote the horn parts. (And BTW, I had to reduce the mp3 quality from the Heater standard 192k in order to make the size limitations of this site. Get things up to standards around here @Bart Ell).
I rather enjoyed that, Juan. Thanks!

I had no idea Bart checked the mp3 box thus allowing for such files. This is a good thing.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »

I will take it down to 64k and you will like it!

Love that ripping solo section where everyone seems to be on fire and then right back into the vanilla chorus.
I get it, I get it.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:15:23 PM »
OMG!  Got goosebumps!!! ;D  That was amazing Juan, thank you for sharing it with us.

Bump, +1! ;)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »
I will take it down to 64k and you will like it!

KHHAAAAAANNNN!!!!!

That's a Star Trek reference. Just so we're clear ;) 8)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 05:36:28 PM »
A friend of mine wanted to set up a cheap demo studio.
He had the computer and a few good mics so I told him he could probably get the rest for under $200.

I got him an Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Platinum Pro for $25
A midi usb keyboard for $60
M-Audio AV32 monitors for $75
Rock band drums (you read that right) $10 at Goodwill.

Boom! $170 and he was ready to roll.

Installed the free version of Cubase and a few of the better VSTs and he was ready to record.
Forget expensive electronic drums, the USB version of the Rock Band drums are perfectly fine triggers... plus you can find them everywhere for a few bucks.

I recorded this using his fancy new studio to show him what can be done with minimal effort.
Every few months I like to see if I can remember songs I spent way too much time learning as a kid.
Here I tried to fake my way through Summer Song after not hearing it in probably a decade.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0gXSQ1JiftH

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
I like it! Kind of a Satriani  thang :)

You're a good friend Bart.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 06:09:55 PM »
I like it! Kind of a Satriani  thang :)

You're a good friend Bart.

Kind of is close enough after a decade.
It is a Satriani song.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 08:15:23 PM »
Kind of is close enough after a decade.
It is a Satriani song.
Sorry.. my bad.. :-[  been hooked on Motorhead and The Headstones for about two straight years now.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 02:05:36 PM »
Here’s an even older one - recorded in 1970, released in 1971. “Smiling Faces” by Coldwater Army. It was a time of very mixed musical tastes - BS&T/Chicago, Three Dog Night, some vestiges of the California sound, and the beginnings of what would be Southern rock. There’s a bit of it all in this song. I played trombone on this record. Recorded in glorious 8-track with analog reverb (a concrete block room.)
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 02:12:44 PM »
Here’s an even older one - recorded in 1970, released in 1971. “Smiling Faces” by Coldwater Army. It was a time of very mixed musical tastes - BS&T/Chicago, Three Dog Night, some vestiges of the California sound, and the beginnings of what would be Southern rock. There’s a bit of it all in this song. I played trombone on this record. Recorded in glorious 8-track with analog reverb (a concrete block room.)

You aged well.
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 07:19:20 AM »
With the recent collaboration between @Aquarius and @Bart Ell, we need to get this thread going again. Surely you are making music out there.
I'll kick it off again. I'm playing tenor trombone on this one. It's from 2013 recorded live at a rehearsal on a Zoom, so don't expect studio quality balance. It's the Top Shelf Orchestra featuring Steve Scarborough singing one of George Noory's favorite songs.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qA0vcKgvO3
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 07:27:09 AM »
With the recent collaboration between @Aquarius and @Bart Ell, we need to get this thread going again. Surely you are making music out there.
I'll kick it off again. I'm playing tenor trombone on this one. It's from 2013 recorded live at a rehearsal on a Zoom, so don't expect studio quality balance. It's the Top Shelf Orchestra featuring Steve Scarborough singing one of George Noory's favorite songs.

FANCY!
Top Shelf indeed.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 04:11:05 PM »

Good stuff, real musicianship and the George Noory connection - No coincidences!  Hold it... Eh, nevermind.

Those little Zooms are nifty little tools. I've recorded youth symphony orchestra performances using two and three of them.  I liked the results.

+1 (liked the Coldwater track a lot!)
Eh, nevermind...