Author Topic: children's football  (Read 7111 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: children's football
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
I think Casio makes watches don't they?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 06:26:47 PM »
Two days ago from our club in Newton:
The MCYFL has still not decided on the status of the 2020 season. The last two meetings have been postponed and we have no clear time frame on when or if the season will begin. We have a meeting this coming Wednesday and are hoping for some answers. The last update we had was the season was to begin on Sept 1 and the return to play document was being developed. The document will follow the NJSIAA protocol. After careful review of the policy and procedures we have decided to Cancel the 2020 Cheer and  LOWER LEVEL season. Lower levels consists of Flag(grade k-2), Pre-Clinic(grade 3) and Clinic (grade 4) Division.   It would be impossible to ask parents of our younger players to follow the guidelines that are being set forth as well as our coaches and volunteers.

If the season is played, we will play in the upper level combined grade team division this year. Varsity will consist of players grade 7 & 8  and Pee Wee will consist of players grade 5 & 6.  We are looking forward to the league meeting this Wednesday and will be communicating with you on the plan moving forward.

Refunds will be given to those who paid. We will be working on that following the league meeting. Please look for follow up emails in the near future.

Please stay safe and positive in these uncertain times.                      Thank You,   

NBYFL BOARD

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2020, 06:39:47 PM »
Why won't somebody think of the children?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 06:20:11 PM »
Why won't somebody think of the children?
Somebody did...this came Thursday:
Dear Football Families,

We have decided to take the position of the MCYFL board and cancel the 2020 season. We had hoped for a different outcome but after serious discussion, we think that this is the best scenario for our town, players, cheerleaders , coaches, parents and grand parents.  Although some towns will play unsanctioned games , we decided that the liability/risk was to great to continue.  We are talking with SI Play about refunds hoping that they will just refund your card that you paid with. We will keep you posted on that development. I have enclosed the letter that we received from MCYFL for better understanding of our decision.  We are all losing during this pandemic . Our hope is when things get back to normal we all have a greater appreciation for the life we seem to take for granted.

Best wishes to everyone.

NBYFL BOARD

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 06:27:51 PM »

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 06:38:24 PM »
:(
I agree.  Children would be doing society a great favor by passing around SARS-CoV2 as fast as possible.  It hardly ever seriously hurts them, but the immunity they'll develop gets us closer to where the virus no longer has enough susceptible hosts to circulate.  It may be that people like me -- 66, obese, heart disease -- should stay away from them this fall while they congregate, but there's no reason for most of the general population to distance.  Had they kept schools open this spring, and not distanced most adults, we probably wouldn't've had this situation now.  Social distancing just delays the reckoning, because it can't stop the virus, just slow it down.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
I agree.  Children would be doing society a great favor by passing around SARS-CoV2 as fast as possible.  It hardly ever seriously hurts them, but the immunity they'll develop gets us closer to where the virus no longer has enough susceptible hosts to circulate.  It may be that people like me -- 66, obese, heart disease -- should stay away from them this fall while they congregate, but there's no reason for most of the general population to distance.  Had they kept schools open this spring, and not distanced most adults, we probably wouldn't've had this situation now.  Social distancing just delays the reckoning, because it can't stop the virus, just slow it down.
Yep. I've been using this time to try and lose some weight, I'm eating much better. I've begun exercising at the local gym too, but Oh, I don't know, folks in there (myself included) aren't big on wearing masks while working out. Everybody is spread out and they keep the place scrupulously clean and sanitized tho. 

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 07:05:28 AM »
Yep. I've been using this time to try and lose some weight, I'm eating much better. I've begun exercising at the local gym too, but Oh, I don't know, folks in there (myself included) aren't big on wearing masks while working out. Everybody is spread out and they keep the place scrupulously clean and sanitized tho.
I did a kind of local gym over the winter too: the cardiac rehab unit at Newton, NJ Hosp.  My insurance covered 3 months of it since my heart attack a year ago.  Didn't lose any weight, but definitely got some endurance back.

Unfortunately the way I'm losing weight (I think) now is grief.  My friend of 33 years and housemate of nearly the last 3 got Covid-19 and has been unconscious in the ICU over a week, unlikely to recover.  Just thinking about it kills my appetite.  He probably got it from someone at his church, Riverlife in Dover, which had a very ambitious new daily in-person prayer program over the winter, which my friend was gung-ho over, but it culminated in April with the pastor and large chunk of the congregation coming down with Covid-19.  My friend said, "My church is in crisis."  And he'd trusted an organization which had been helping him here, Bridgeway, to arrange for him to get vaccinated, but it fell thru, and he got sick before the appointment he subsequently arranged himself.

They're advertising in the area for kiddie football registration, though I've heard nothing other than perfunctory listings about our starting up again this summer, and as you can see, my mind is currently elsewhere.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2021, 08:39:12 AM »
If you're wondering, my friend since 1988 and housemate since 2018, Robert D. Youngman, died on Thursday.  It's going to take a while for me to get over things.  He said the time he'd been with me was the best of his life, and I'll sure miss it.

He was 65, and his diabetes must've been involved in his developing such an inflammatory case of Covid-19.  The weeks just prior to his catching it, his blood sugar had gone out of control by the oral drugs he'd been taking, and then even adding back Lantus (a slow insulin) injections didn't bring it anywhere near normal, and hyperglycemia's known to be a risk factor in Covid-19 deaths.  He went from a little cough to dead in 3 weeks, but at least he was "out" the final 11 days, so didn't feel anything.

Seems that single shot of the Pfizer mRNA prep protected me, the only respiratory symptoms I had were from my tree allergies, and the season this year seemed even worse than last; living across the road from a tree nursery doesn't help that.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2021, 09:27:36 AM »
If you're wondering, my friend since 1988 and housemate since 2018, Robert D. Youngman, died on Thursday.  It's going to take a while for me to get over things.  He said the time he'd been with me was the best of his life, and I'll sure miss it.

He was 65, and his diabetes must've been involved in his developing such an inflammatory case of Covid-19.  The weeks just prior to his catching it, his blood sugar had gone out of control by the oral drugs he'd been taking, and then even adding back Lantus (a slow insulin) injections didn't bring it anywhere near normal, and hyperglycemia's known to be a risk factor in Covid-19 deaths.  He went from a little cough to dead in 3 weeks, but at least he was "out" the final 11 days, so didn't feel anything.

Seems that single shot of the Pfizer mRNA prep protected me, the only respiratory symptoms I had were from my tree allergies, and the season this year seemed even worse than last; living across the road from a tree nursery doesn't help that.

@Robert  I'm sorry to see that.  Losing anyone close to you is a terrible experience.  Sure, it will take some time to get over things.  The fact your friend said the time he'd been with you was the best of his life is powerful.  It's so meaningful and it says something about you.  You will cherish that.  I hope you get through this difficult time and stay well.

My best to you.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »
@Robert  I'm sorry to see that.  Losing anyone close to you is a terrible experience.  Sure, it will take some time to get over things.  The fact your friend said the time he'd been with you was the best of his life is powerful.  It's so meaningful and it says something about you.  You will cherish that.  I hope you get through this difficult time and stay well.

My best to you.
Thank you, that helps.  Just a little over a week before he got sick, our friend Kathy, who introduced us in 1988 and arranged his moving in with me in 2018, died.  She'd been even closer to him than to me, but in recent months she'd been pushing people away, like she was getting ready to "check out", leaving her husband Ralph of 50 years.  Talking about their moving to Maine, but no way that was happening, probably just an indication of wanting to "get away".  She didn't seek medical attention for what apparently was a gall bladder infection that over a period of weeks resulted in a burst appendix.  She'd been losing weight voluntarily in preparation for an abdominal hernia operation, since she was quite obese, so it wasn't so apparent when her loss of appetite changed to involuntary.

I think I might've mentioned Ralph and Kathy here as friends of the late J. Neal Schulman.  They were also friendly with Robert Anton Wilson.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2021, 12:43:24 PM »

So sorry for your loss.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2021, 01:18:57 PM »
My condolences @Robert
Merry Christmas

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »
Thanks to everyone.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2021, 07:54:10 PM »
Robert.  I am sorry for your loss.  Friends, lovers, partners in crime will never be easy to replace.  My most sincere condolences.