Author Topic: children's football  (Read 7139 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: children's football
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2021, 07:27:46 AM »
On top of everything else, last night I found out my Cousin Lee, whom I'd last spoken to in February, died on my birthday, March 19.  I'd rather suspected that was coming, since he was 92, but I enjoyed talking to him on the phone several times a year.  Last saw him at my 60th birthday in 2014.  He'd been suffering a lot of pain and debility, as well as financially on the edge, and when he finally went it was like everything failed at once.  He had a lot of local friends in Manhattan, many of whom didn't know each other.

Another friend tells me to cheer up, because if such ill events come in threes, that set -- Lee, Kathy, and Bob -- is now used up!

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2021, 11:58:02 AM »
On top of everything else, last night I found out my Cousin Lee, whom I'd last spoken to in February, died on my birthday, March 19.  I'd rather suspected that was coming, since he was 92, but I enjoyed talking to him on the phone several times a year.  Last saw him at my 60th birthday in 2014.  He'd been suffering a lot of pain and debility, as well as financially on the edge, and when he finally went it was like everything failed at once.  He had a lot of local friends in Manhattan, many of whom didn't know each other.

Another friend tells me to cheer up, because if such ill events come in threes, that set -- Lee, Kathy, and Bob -- is now used up!
Damn.  Sorry for that loss, Robert. 

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2021, 05:44:48 AM »
Damn.  Sorry for that loss, Robert.
Thanks.  After I get my life situation straightened out, getting back to coaching football would be something to get my mind off this bad run, and steer the thread back to topic.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2021, 05:47:18 PM »
Thanks.  After I get my life situation straightened out, getting back to coaching football would be something to get my mind off this bad run, and steer the thread back to topic.
We had our coaches' meeting last week.  Club had to combine teams to cover 2-year age ranges, which is actually what I was used to before coming here.

But not so fast about getting over difficulties.  Yesterday another friend died.  He was 51 and bled out from an ulcer.  So many ways to die.  Just a few weeks ago he encouraged me by telling me how easily he got housemates who wound up like family, then I got this call from his housemate.