Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116298 times)

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2018, 09:20:38 PM »
I believed it. White Crow was at the game. I predicted a Rodgers comeback at halftime.

I am pretty sure the only reason he went to the locker room was to call his bookie.

We were seated next to Bear fans. They were all happy and smug for most of the game. LoL  watching their skin literally turn white.
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2018, 10:01:16 AM »
Reports are Josh Gordon wants to play for Jacksonville. I’ll bet that after tomorrow, he’ll want to play anywhere.
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2018, 06:53:02 AM »

When did Seattle get downgraded to mediocre? The only Seahawk I recognize is Russell Wilson and he can't win it all by himself.  And when did Chicago get upgraded to mediocre? I guess the new guy can win it all by himself even without a quarterback
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2018, 07:39:33 AM »
Reports are Josh Gordon wants to play for Jacksonville. I’ll bet that after tomorrow, he’ll want to play anywhere.

He ended up at the Patriots, they all end up at the Patriots

Not sure what's my favorite story of the week Buffalo Bills player getting up and quitting at half time and just saying "See YA, I'm retired" or Browns being Browns and losing the game because they couldn't hit an extra point.

Green Bay got hosed, that is no way a roughing the passer, it was as clean a tackle as you can do and the ball just got out of the QB hand, I have no idea what you expect a tackle to do? Plus what the hell is with this 10-minute overtime, why would you remove 5-minutes? It only leaves a team with one possisiton if they don't win the coin toss.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2018, 08:43:24 AM »
Plus what the hell is with this 10-minute overtime, why would you remove 5-minutes? It only leaves a team with one possisiton if they don't win the coin toss.

I don't like it either.  Isn't it if the team scores the first touchdown they win, and if you get just a field goal on the first possession the opposing team gets their shot?  I just can't keep up with the NFL rule changes over the years.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »
When did Seattle get downgraded to mediocre?

To me...always.  ;D

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2018, 08:48:35 AM »
I don't like it either.  Isn't it if the team scores the first touchdown they win, and if you get just a field goal on the first possession the opposing team gets their shot?  I just can't keep up with the NFL rule changes over the years.

A touchdown or a safety on the first possession and you win.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
A touchdown or a safety on the first possession and you win.

A safety too.  I did not know that.  Thanks!  :)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2018, 09:04:13 AM »
Oh, and what's with this 'leverage' penalty.  I first heard of it during the Steelers/Browns game.  It was called during an extra-point.  Heard it again this week.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »

I actually don't mind that first rule. With the simple first score win rule it gave way too big an advantage to the team the wins the coin toss. A decent kick off return and a couple of safe first downs and already in FG position for the win.

But this 10-minute OT rule is just awful as it so easy to run off the clock and there probably will only be 3 possessions between both teams

As for the leverage penalty, I think is that you are not allowed to use a player to boost yourself up to block a kick

Jets at Browns tonight, why is this game a national TV game. Not really sure  ???

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2018, 06:12:01 AM »

As for the leverage penalty, I think is that you are not allowed to use a player to boost yourself up to block a kick

Jets at Browns tonight, why is this game a national TV game. Not really sure  ???

Ahhh.  Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Regarding the game, I decided to watch it and I really was impressed with the energy Baker Mayfield brought to the team.  Plus his accuracy and zip on his passes was also impressive.  Hue Jackson will probably screw it up and go with Taylor next week.   ::)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
https://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/illegal-immigrant-sentenced-16-years-for-killing-colts-player/1464748155

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A man from Guatemala living illegally in the U.S. was sentenced Friday to the maximum of 16 years in prison for a drunken-driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver.

Put this in the border thread or here? I don't know, did the Colts have any statements? Take a knee for the dead player and Uber driver? Do a put a number on uniform or anything? Free Uber for drunk fans after a game for memory? Inquiring minds want to know.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2018, 08:01:23 AM »
https://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/illegal-immigrant-sentenced-16-years-for-killing-colts-player/1464748155

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A man from Guatemala living illegally in the U.S. was sentenced Friday to the maximum of 16 years in prison for a drunken-driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver.

Put this in the border thread or here? I don't know, did the Colts have any statements? Take a knee for the dead player and Uber driver? Do a put a number on uniform or anything? Free Uber for drunk fans after a game for memory? Inquiring minds want to know.

He only gets 16 years because he plead guilty to killing 2 people.  Interesting.  Hopefully he will be deported after he does his time.  I'm guessing since Jackson was killed in February that the Colts would've had some sort of official tribute during their first game of this season.  I saw nothing regarding it on the sports networks.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2018, 12:25:09 PM »
Thursday Night Football: Jets 17- Browns 21 - Jet's took a early 14 point lead, the receiver who caught the TD used the football as toilet paper and threw it to the Cleveland crowd. Browns QB gets hurt and their rookie QB comes in and lights it up and was part of a comeback win.

The Jets are my AFC team, but come on you are the freaking JETS. You have not earned any right to taunt anybody. Damn embarrassing.

Sunday night Football : Patriots (1-1) at Lions (0-2) - Another Lions national game lol. Who are these people that are demanding to see the Lions on a national level  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »
Thursday Night Football: Jets 17- Browns 21 - Jet's took a early 14 point lead, the receiver who caught the TD used the football as toilet paper and threw it to the Cleveland crowd. Browns QB gets hurt and their rookie QB comes in and lights it up and was part of a comeback win.

The Jets are my AFC team, but come on you are the freaking JETS. You have not earned any right to taunt anybody. Damn embarrassing.

Sunday night Football : Patriots (1-1) at Lions (0-2) - Another Lions national game lol. Who are these people that are demanding to see the Lions on a national level  ;D

Yeah that "celebration" was BS.  These things go too far.  Anyway, the Jets are your team?  I respect that.  I think I may have encountered 2 other Jets fans in my life.  I do remember the days of Freeman McNeil and Johnny Hector running wild.   8)