Author Topic: Top 50 most disturbing movies of all time. WARNING: DISTURBING!  (Read 14144 times)

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
Re: Top 50 most disturbing movies of all time. WARNING: DISTURBING!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 12:13:10 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LOL. I was just talking about this movie with my wife tonight.  We were talking about Sam Elliott's early roles and I brought this one up.  Actually, Grav, my Mom would probably agree with you about this though she was more fearful of toads.  I pity poor Ray Milland stuck making drivel like this.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 12:15:40 AM »
I liked Bone Tomahawk.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:17 AM »
i was four.. almost five years old when i first saw this movie. thanks mom and dad... drive-in movies were always fun.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:33 AM »
They be eaten' folks :)  This movie is based on a misunderstanding when the save the rain forest activists plane crashes in the jungle. Basically the locals think these poor buggers are the bad guys. Things go wrong, things get rough, hacking off limbs and such. And then it gets disturbing.  They don't even say Grace before they eat.

Has nothing on the cannibal films made in the 70's.  I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust but I have seen Mountain of The Cannibal God and Sacrifice! (Man From Deep River).

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »
The Omega Man disturbed me the most when I was a kid as did Salem's Lot.  Not really disturbing movies though.  The Black Cat (1934) disturbed me and still disturbs me. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 02:03:10 AM »
The Omega Man disturbed me the most when I was a kid as did Salem's Lot.  Not really disturbing movies though.  The Black Cat (1934) disturbed me and still disturbs me.
The thing with the Omega man was the painted faced.. (I forget what they were called) they were kind of creepy. Watch it now and it's a horrible movie and the music was even worse. 

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 08:19:26 AM »
A Serbian Film is one of the most horrific things I have ever seen.

Brutal and terrible :(
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 09:50:19 AM »
I've only seen a handful of the films on this list.  Gummo and Antichrist being two of them.   They were pretty damn disturbing.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 09:58:28 AM »
The Naked Prey is rather gnarlly as well.  Some poor bugger is lashed to a pole, encased in clay and then given
the rotisserie treatment over a fire. 

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 06:07:13 PM »
I liked Bone Tomahawk.

Bone Tomahawk was great. I really loved his second film, Brawl in Cell Block 99. Can't wait to see his 3rd picture next year.
♦♦👽♦♦

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
YAY Mother made the list just in at 60. Most know I pimped this movie hard last year.  A lot of people hated it, but it was so f*cked up I liked it a lot

I want to see Killing of a Sacred Dear (#51) heard it's pretty strange as well

Requiem for a Dream (#9) was not fun to sit through. One of those movies you leave totally depressed

The Killing of a Sacred Deer was crazy in a good way. It was based on the Greek mythical sacrifice of Iphigenia. If you saw The Lobster, then you'll get the bizarre speech cadence used.

Mother actually made me feel a little insane after watching. I don't ever want to experience that again! 😵
♦♦👽♦♦

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
The thing with the Omega man was the painted faced.. (I forget what they were called) they were kind of creepy. Watch it now and it's a horrible movie and the music was even worse.

The contacts lenses too.  Now that gimmick has become rather cliche.  Sometimes I still shiver at night thinking those ghouls are outside my house, calling my name, and entreating me to join them.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
The contacts lenses too.  Now that gimmick has become rather cliche.  Sometimes I still shiver at night thinking those ghouls are outside my house, calling my name, and entreating me to join them.

When the wind blows from the east I can hear them calling your name too.
Are we having fun yet?

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 11:07:10 PM »
When the wind blows from the east I can hear them calling your name too.

:P

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 12:16:58 AM »
The Naked Prey is rather gnarlly as well.  Some poor bugger is lashed to a pole, encased in clay and then given
the rotisserie treatment over a fire. 

OMG. That is horrible.

When I was a child I remember being in the back seat of my moms car as she drove a family friend home after church. They were discussing something horrible that one person in our small farming community had done to another. I piped up and asked a simple question, "why he do that to their family?" This guy, our passenger turned and explained to me that anything I could think of or imagine no matter how horrible, has been done before and is being done again right now to somebody or some animal. As I began to picture all kinds of unimaginable scenarios my day quickly went south as I was deeply saddened by my own theatre of the mind. What an asshole he was.

When you tell a little boy with an extremely overactive and visual imagination that kind of thing, the seeds of the macabre are planted. I wish I could punch that man in the mouth. God rest his not thinking before he speaks soul.