Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 84559 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2018, 04:46:18 PM »
Dream, November 9, 2018.

I was pleased to see an ex-lover show up in a dream last night.  Her name was Maria and she looked great.  As a matter of fact, she hadn't aged a bit over the years.  I wonder if I dreamt about her because of that Ocasio-Cortez lady who won the recent election in New York?  They happen to be dead ringers for one another.

We were walking around in the dark .  We seemed to be searching for something.  Suddenly the bright headlights of a car illuminated us.  I was able to recognize the car, despite the glare of light.  It belonged to a local hit man who, I had heard through the grapevine, was looking for me.

"Quick, in here,"  I told Maria.  "We've got to hide."

We entered a big building and it looked to be a warehouse of some type.  I closed the door behind us and looked around for a place to hide but it wasn't easy because the place was empty and it was really dark inside.  We could make out some floor beams here and there so we darted behind a couple of them just as the gangster entered the building and turned on a light switch.  Thankfully he couldn't see us and he turned the light off.  I took advantage of the darkness to put some distance between us.  I was ready to duck behind another beam when the lights suddenly came on again.

Having researched World War One for many years, I was well aware of what to do in case you are crossing No Man's Land at night.  If an enemy flare lit up the battlefield, you were supposed to freeze like a statue, otherwise your movement would be detected and you would be blown away.  So that's what I did in the warehouse, I froze.  It seemed to work, too because the mobster cut the lights off again.  My only hope was that Maria knew about not moving when the lights were on and apparently she did.

The lights were turned on and off again a number of times, until I found a back door and escaped into the dark of night.

A restless dog woke me up at that point and after putting her outside I returned to get some more sleep.  I remember having a pre-dream sense of imagining myself returning to the warehouse, only this time armed with a gun.  But, no such luck,  If I did have any further dreams, I wasn't able to remember them.
The "freezing" thing is interesting. Here is a "No Man's Run" run. No word if such charity runs will involve trench foot, barbed wire, light-flares, Spanish Flu, trench knives, and gunfire....but sounds like an interesting run
https://www.iowanationalguard.com/Recruiting/nmltr/Pages/Default.aspx

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
Dream, November 18, 2018.

Just when I was thinking that I would have another nightfull of forgettable dreams, Michael Jackson appeared in my living room.  After some quick 'hellos and how we've missed each others,' he warned me that he only had a few minutes to visit.  I tried to make the most of it by putting on some music.  We both danced to the tune and we were both real happy.  I got my camera out and told him that I'd like to take some pictures.  I took a couple of him dancing and some selfies of the two of us, and actually asked him if he would show up in the pics.  He chuckled and said, "I really wouldn't know."  We talked and laughed some more and then he was gone.

After I thought that I had woke up, I visited some friends.  I took my camera out and and said, "You'll never guess who came to visit me last night."

I powered up the camera to view the pictures.  Everyone gathered around to look at the pics.  No Michael to be seen.   

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
Dream, November 23, 2018.

I was working in a large, open campus sort of business complex.  I didn't know what type of business, but there was a lady boss there and she tried to explain something to me but it didn't make any sense.  I remember her saying that for all the years that I have worked there, that I should be picking up on things quicker than I have been.  She irritated  me and I decided to ignore her and content myself by standing behind a giant sized window, gazing out at the green, parklike campus grounds.  People were walking back and forth in suits, holding briefcases.

A loud noise developed and we all raced outside.  A big fighter jet roared overhead and it was way too low and slow, to be operating safely.  I voiced a concern that the pilot was in dire straits and I was right.  The jet crawled slowly over the business complex and went into a slow turn, heading back our way but loosing altitude at a fast rate.  Everyone ran into a bomb shelter except me.  I walked out onto the grass and watched as the jet flew just over my head, and it crashed into the big glass office that we had walked out of. 

There was a tremendous boom and this was followed by a big ball of smoke and fire.  In a shocked state, I walked over to a statue of the businesses' founder and almost asked him what he thought of the jet crash but then I remembered that he was a statue.  I heard some voices behind me and it was the lady boss and a co-worker named George.  They were concerned for my safety and they also seemed to think that I couldn't hear them.  The boss and George both thought that my hearing had been ruined by the loud explosion and I thought to myself that this might just be my ticket out of the place. 

I turned to both of then and said, "What?  What?"

Dream, November 24, 2018.     

Our fearless leader Bart rented a convention center and invited all EllGabbers to meet and greet one another.  It was pretty cool seeing everyone though I have to admit I can't recall if we looked like regular people or if we were avatars.  Not that it mattered I guess.  We all seemed to be having fun getting to know each other.

A rumor suddenly surfaced that Heather W. had crashed the party and I remember thinking that it was kind of cool in a way.  Certainly took some balls to do something like that, and I wanted to see if she had indeed shown up.  I asked around and it was thought that she had sat herself down in the restaurant section of the complex. 

I made my way to the restaurant which consisted of nothing more than a long row of booths.  The booths were all empty except for the first one.  Heather was sitting in it.  She didn't really look like Heather.  Her face was kind of swollen and she had a mild case of acne.  I walked past her, turned, and caught her attention.  I smiled and gave her a friendly wave but she acted like she didn't see me. 

Some guy walked by me and said, "Get lost dude.  I'm Ken from Arizona."  He plopped himself down on the booth, opposite Heather and the two of them began to talk.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2018, 07:48:30 AM »
Dream, November 24, 2018.     

Our fearless leader Bart rented a convention center and invited all EllGabbers to meet and greet one another.  It was pretty cool seeing everyone though I have to admit I can't recall if we looked like regular people or if we were avatars.  Not that it mattered I guess.  We all seemed to be having fun getting to know each other.

A rumor suddenly surfaced that Heather W. had crashed the party and I remember thinking that it was kind of cool in a way.  Certainly took some balls to do something like that, and I wanted to see if she had indeed shown up.  I asked around and it was thought that she had sat herself down in the restaurant section of the complex. 

I made my way to the restaurant which consisted of nothing more than a long row of booths.  The booths were all empty except for the first one.  Heather was sitting in it.  She didn't really look like Heather.  Her face was kind of swollen and she had a mild case of acne.  I walked past her, turned, and caught her attention.  I smiled and gave her a friendly wave but she acted like she didn't see me. 

Some guy walked by me and said, "Get lost dude.  I'm Ken from Arizona."  He plopped himself down on the booth, opposite Heather and the two of them began to talk.

This dream needed more Bart!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2018, 11:40:34 AM »
This dream needed more Bart!

Unfortunately you were too busy attaching those 'Hello, my name is' tags to everybody's shirts.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2018, 07:00:54 AM »
Unfortunately you were too busy attaching those 'Hello, my name is' tags to everybody's shirts.

Dream Bart seems way more helpful and kind than Bart In The Real World...
Unless I was doing that to cop titty feels!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
Dream Bart seems way more helpful and kind than Bart In The Real World...
Unless I was doing that to cop titty feels!

it might please you (or not) to know that Miss W. wasn't wearing one.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
I returned at long last, to a sideshow city where there are hundreds of tents set up, all of them offering unique, if somewhat puzzling, exhibits.  I entered a tent where there were two large, glass water tanks set up.  A tall, skinny guy directed my attention to the first one.  There were a number of fairly big tropical fish swimming about, and the guy told me to put my hand in the water.  I did as he directed and the fish swam over to my hand and they rubbed up against it.  It was odd, feeling their slick bodies sliding all over my hand.  I could actually pet them and they wouldn't swim away.

Then the guy told me to look into the next tank.  I was rather startled to see a bunch of cats there, all of them underwater and apparently suffering no ill effects.  Again, he had me put a hand in the water and the cats swam over and pressed their bodies against it.  I could pet the cats and scratch their chins.  They felt dry to the touch and not wet. 

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #248 on: December 05, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »
My dreams include not only impressions of events in the present, but impressions of a past.  A dramatic and humorous example was a few nights ago when in a dream I'd been trying to bullshit a lady.  She said she could tell when I was acting.  I looked at her more closely and said, "Cathy?"  In the dream she knew me from Theater Arts in school when I was a student there long ago.

In waking life I know no such Cathy, and she could not have taken Theater Arts with me because when I was at Horace Mann it was an all-boys school.  She looked and sounded a little like Jennifer across the street in waking life at Gardens of the World (family of the landlord).  How'd I know to spell her name with a C instead of K?  Not that my dreams have a libretto, but sometimes they convey an impression of spelling too.  I'm very friendly with a Kathy around here in waking life, but dream-Cathy didn't look or sound like her.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »
I dreamt that some friends and I were riding bikes through a quiet town.  It was a bright, sunny day and I marveled at how effortless it was to pedal my bike on the sidewalks, over lawns and down the streets.  There were no cars driving about and not a soul to be seen walking anywhere.  I took the lead and headed us west, up a gradual incline on a side street that held a gas station and a work uniform shop. 

A flood of crystal clear water suddenly flowed down the street and, after pedaling hard to work up some speed, I drove head on into it.  The water wasn't deep.  If I'd have gotten off my bike it would have only reached up to my ankles. 

"They are irrigating the eastern part of town."  somebody behind me called out.

I continued to pedal my way through the water.  It was really fun to bike straight and then turn sideways in the miniature river.  It kind of felt as if I was surfing... on a bike.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2018, 09:59:03 AM »
Highly offensive but funny and bizarre bit of a dream:

The other morning I woke up by laughing in a dream when I realized that this was a dream and so bizarre. I only remember the last snippet which might offend some. It offended and yet made me laugh (in the dream and upon remember it.)

I was at the supermarket and was in the aisle by potatoes and onions and there was a big, somewhat retarded looking, employee stocking shelves (he looked like Bob's Bigboy i you recall that restaurant chain) with the market's apron on. I'm trying to navigate my cart around him and this old, ugly lady in one of those carts for fat people comes, at speed, around him and starts yelling. I quote verbatim, excuse filth:

"There is JIZZ in the lady's restroom!! What kind of place IS this!? Disgusting! In the lady's bathroom! There are candy wrappers by the toilet! What KIND of person eats CHOCOLATES in the bathroom! This place is DISGUSTING!"

At this point the worker looks confused, embarrassed and doesn't know what to do. I maneuver backwards, away as a manager comes running, making a calming gesture to the woman in the cart and mumbling phrases "ok, ok, I'll look into it, just calm down..."  The lady yells again: "JIZZ in the lady's bathroom! This is disgusting! What KIND of place is this!" To which another woman nearby, wearing a coat with fur edging and a small purse makes a face like "disgusting." And the ugly lady in the cart, at this point the manager is at a loss, yellsat him:  "I KNOW men! They JIZZ! It is disgusting! In the lady's bathroom!" 

I'm taking this all in and suppressing a laugh because so bizarre and the ugly lady is so angry. At which point the lady in the fur coat says "I'm calling the police." And the ugly lady, smugly says "good, your should. This place is disgusting!" And the furcoat lady points a finger at her and says "I'm calling the police on YOU. You are disgusting, shouting this out. There are children here!" At which point I realize, in dream, who the lady in the cart is. It is that actresses from such films as "Goonies" and "Throw Mama From The Train." And I laugh and realize this is a weird dream and wake up.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
Highly offensive but funny and bizarre bit of a dream:

The other morning I woke up by laughing in a dream when I realized that this was a dream and so bizarre. I only remember the last snippet which might offend some. It offended and yet made me laugh (in the dream and upon remember it.)

I was at the supermarket and was in the aisle by potatoes and onions and there was a big, somewhat retarded looking, employee stocking shelves (he looked like Bob's Bigboy i you recall that restaurant chain) with the market's apron on. I'm trying to navigate my cart around him and this old, ugly lady in one of those carts for fat people comes, at speed, around him and starts yelling. I quote verbatim, excuse filth:

"There is JIZZ in the lady's restroom!! What kind of place IS this!? Disgusting! In the lady's bathroom! There are candy wrappers by the toilet! What KIND of person eats CHOCOLATES in the bathroom! This place is DISGUSTING!"

At this point the worker looks confused, embarrassed and doesn't know what to do. I maneuver backwards, away as a manager comes running, making a calming gesture to the woman in the cart and mumbling phrases "ok, ok, I'll look into it, just calm down..."  The lady yells again: "JIZZ in the lady's bathroom! This is disgusting! What KIND of place is this!" To which another woman nearby, wearing a coat with fur edging and a small purse makes a face like "disgusting." And the ugly lady in the cart, at this point the manager is at a loss, yellsat him:  "I KNOW men! They JIZZ! It is disgusting! In the lady's bathroom!" 

I'm taking this all in and suppressing a laugh because so bizarre and the ugly lady is so angry. At which point the lady in the fur coat says "I'm calling the police." And the ugly lady, smugly says "good, your should. This place is disgusting!" And the furcoat lady points a finger at her and says "I'm calling the police on YOU. You are disgusting, shouting this out. There are children here!" At which point I realize, in dream, who the lady in the cart is. It is that actresses from such films as "Goonies" and "Throw Mama From The Train." And I laugh and realize this is a weird dream and wake up.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow, mr. a.  If that was the very end of your dream, I wish you could remember the rest of it.  There is a tv show where some men challenge each other to do outrageous stunts in front of normal people, just to see if the normal people catch on to the stunt or not.  The guys get points if they fool the normal people with it.  Anyway, I could see them dressing up like the ladies in your dream, and going through the routine of approaching grocery store managers and assailing them about the 'problems' in the ladies room. Perhaps it would land you a couple grand for the idea. haha

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
In this first dream I found myself in (I'm assuming) Calcutta, and while I wasn't in the Black Hole prison, I was close by, in some nearly airless, dim, room with a dirt floor.  The room was windowless and big, there must have been a good twenty of thirty men in there.  A friend and I were the only Caucasians present, all the others were Calcuttans, I guess you would call them.  I was having a difficult time breathing in the foul air and having noticed this, a man in dirty clothes approached me.  He said that he was the master of the air hole and that for a small amount of money, he would allow me to sit by the hole and breath in some relatively fresh air. So I gave him some dollars and got to sit by the hole.  Sure enough, I could breath better.  The hole was big, about the size of a locomotive boiler opening, and it was not straight down, more like built into the side of a crumbling brick wall.  The Calcutta guy took it upon himself to explain the history of the hole, as he pushed some other men who didn't have any money, away from it.  He said that the hole was a volcanic tunnel that ran all the way down to an underground fresh water lake.  It was to have been utilized, back in the 1700's to provide ventilation for a big prison that was being built, but due to budgetary problems, the prison was built closer to the center of the city.  The breathing hole eventually fell into the man's ancestors hands and since then, they had been renting out the hole for breathing purposes.  I asked the man if I could explore the hole but he wouldn't allow it because I might fall down a crevice and die, thus causing the smell of rotting flesh to enter into the air being inhaled by his customers.  I took some more deep breaths and made my way outside.

I found my friend, Byron, sitting up against the wall of the breathing hole building.  I sat next to him and put my back against the wall.  I handed him a couple of dollars and asked if he wanted to go breath some fresh air but he said no.  The air was relatively fresh from where we were sitting, he noted.  I took some big breaths and Byron was right.  I could breath in just enough air to fill my lungs, and it was relatively fresh.  The air was rather hot but it did carry a nice, nearby river smell.  I told Byron that I should go back inside and tell all those other men that the air was breathable outside, for free, but I fell into the next dream before I could do so.

The second dream took place at the countryside.  It was a nice, bright day and there were hills and fields all about.  A single building sat on a grassy knoll and I entered it.  There was a single room with a woman sitting at a chair and a desk.  She looked up with a smile.

"Are you here to purchase a ticket?" she asked.

"A ticket?" I asked in return

"Yes, a ticket to the carnival,"  she said.  "You really should purchase one.  We have some brand new rides and lots of new sideshow tents that you can enter."

"But I didn't see any carnival out there." I pointed out.

"Oh no, it's not there,  You have to follow a path to reach it." she said.

So I bought a ticket and walked back outside.  I glanced around and noticed a pathway running through fields and meadows.  There were some people walking down the path and I joined them.  We were all excited to see the carnival.  We walked, and walked and walked, for a couple of hours before we reached it.  It was big and colorful and there were beautiful Ferris wheels and rollercoasters all about.  And sideshow tents too. 

For all the excitement of taking a look at everything, I just couldn't help it and I reversed tracks and walked all the way back to the building where I had bought the carnival ticket.

"You know," I told the lady behind the desk.  "You should provide some type of transportation service to the carnival.  Either that, or move you're ticket building closer to the venue."   

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2018, 01:42:50 AM »

Someone take these dreams away,
That point me to another day,
A duel of personalities,
That stretch all true realities.

That keep calling me,
They keep calling me,
Keep on calling me,
They keep calling me.

Where figures from the past stand tall,
And mocking voices ring the halls.
Imperialistic house of prayer,
Conquistadors who took their share.

That keep calling me,
They keep calling me,
Keep on calling me,
They keep calling me.

Calling me, calling me, calling me, calling me.

They keep calling me,
Keep on calling me,
They keep calling me,
They keep calling me.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2018, 03:50:12 PM »
In this first dream I found myself in (I'm assuming) Calcutta, and while I wasn't in the Black Hole prison, I was close by, in some nearly airless, dim, room with a dirt floor.  The room was windowless and big, there must have been a good twenty of thirty men in there.  A friend and I were the only Caucasians present, all the others were Calcuttans, I guess you would call them.  I was having a difficult time breathing in the foul air and having noticed this, a man in dirty clothes approached me.  He said that he was the master of the air hole and that for a small amount of money, he would allow me to sit by the hole and breath in some relatively fresh air. So I gave him some dollars and got to sit by the hole.  Sure enough, I could breath better.  The hole was big, about the size of a locomotive boiler opening, and it was not straight down, more like built into the side of a crumbling brick wall.  The Calcutta guy took it upon himself to explain the history of the hole, as he pushed some other men who didn't have any money, away from it.  He said that the hole was a volcanic tunnel that ran all the way down to an underground fresh water lake.  It was to have been utilized, back in the 1700's to provide ventilation for a big prison that was being built, but due to budgetary problems, the prison was built closer to the center of the city.  The breathing hole eventually fell into the man's ancestors hands and since then, they had been renting out the hole for breathing purposes.  I asked the man if I could explore the hole but he wouldn't allow it because I might fall down a crevice and die, thus causing the smell of rotting flesh to enter into the air being inhaled by his customers.  I took some more deep breaths and made my way outside.

I found my friend, Byron, sitting up against the wall of the breathing hole building.  I sat next to him and put my back against the wall.  I handed him a couple of dollars and asked if he wanted to go breath some fresh air but he said no.  The air was relatively fresh from where we were sitting, he noted.  I took some big breaths and Byron was right.  I could breath in just enough air to fill my lungs, and it was relatively fresh.  The air was rather hot but it did carry a nice, nearby river smell.  I told Byron that I should go back inside and tell all those other men that the air was breathable outside, for free, but I fell into the next dream before I could do so.

The second dream took place at the countryside.  It was a nice, bright day and there were hills and fields all about.  A single building sat on a grassy knoll and I entered it.  There was a single room with a woman sitting at a chair and a desk.  She looked up with a smile.

"Are you here to purchase a ticket?" she asked.

"A ticket?" I asked in return

"Yes, a ticket to the carnival,"  she said.  "You really should purchase one.  We have some brand new rides and lots of new sideshow tents that you can enter."

"But I didn't see any carnival out there." I pointed out.

"Oh no, it's not there,  You have to follow a path to reach it." she said.

So I bought a ticket and walked back outside.  I glanced around and noticed a pathway running through fields and meadows.  There were some people walking down the path and I joined them.  We were all excited to see the carnival.  We walked, and walked and walked, for a couple of hours before we reached it.  It was big and colorful and there were beautiful Ferris wheels and rollercoasters all about.  And sideshow tents too. 

For all the excitement of taking a look at everything, I just couldn't help it and I reversed tracks and walked all the way back to the building where I had bought the carnival ticket.

"You know," I told the lady behind the desk.  "You should provide some type of transportation service to the carnival.  Either that, or move you're ticket building closer to the venue."

The second dream reminds me of a concert I went to where they had this awful line going all around the grounds and venue to get to the gate. I thought, at time, a way to try to get the folks to sober up from the parking lot action but considering most brought beverages, or etc, with them in line it was a bad plan. There was also lots of pissing and only one Port-o-Let along the line. Bad planning.