Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 83777 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2019, 04:31:27 AM »
Last night I dreamed about 3 things that were so disjointed I don't remember the order I dreamed them in.

One was a black lady who tried to convince me losing weight was easy because we could just substitute low-cal or no-cal foods for whatever we were eating.  So she gave me some of her stuff, which literally substituted leather for the meat and I-don't-know-what (maybe a cellulose derivative) for the starch.  I told her I was afraid that they would congeal in my digestive tract.  The stuff tasted OK, but sure enough as I chewed it the leather came together in an insoluble lump in my mouth, so although I swallowed it I didn't take any more.  She seemed to have no trouble with it, though.

Another thing was making some fireworks.  I dreamed that I resumed making stuff in a shop that was then occupied by several amateurs at different tables.  I found the materials I'd been working with some time before, pushed some away from the edge of the bench where it'd threatened to fall on the floor, and proceeded to construct 3 diffferent items.  I remember one of them had metal-fueled green micro stars that, in my dream memory, burned rather pale.  I didn't get to see how they performed in the dream, but I gathered that we were going upstate in New York to shoot them, as in my days in the Catskill Mountain Pyrotechnics Association.

The other thing was my being with someone preparing for the Medical College Admissions Test.  I viewed a sample exam he was taking.  Part of it was entirely subjective, having the test taker fill out short essays on 5 or 6 specified subjects.  A couple of them were literally sexy, and I couldn't figure out what angle they were looking to grade them on.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #331 on: May 05, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
I was with a group of people, sitting around in someone's living room and we were discussing the topics of the day, I'm guessing, because I have no recollection of what we were talking about.  This dream would have been totally not worth remembering except for two things.  First, I actually knew the name of one of the people there.  Her name was Laura and she was heavy with child.  Secondly, a wild eyed woman burst through a door and she had a gun in her hand. 

"I'll shoot anyone who makes a move!"  she shouted.

As if to underscore her threat, she pointed the gun at Laura and I could have sworn that she was beginning to squeeze the trigger.  I hastily materialized a gun in my pocket.  I pulled it out and shot the lady, just in the nick of time.

I had some more dreams but the pollen was getting to me and I had trouble breathing.  It was interesting though because my brain kept coming up with dreams that were designed to wake me up so that I could breathe. 

I had entered a store when a long ago co-worker that I used to know greeted me as I walked in.  We were reminiscing when all at once he jumped up and grabbed the top of the entrance door. 

"Remember how we used to do this for laughs?" he asked me.

I didn't have time to answer because he was a big guy and the door got all loose and was in danger of falling over.  A door alarm started to go off.  I was shocked awake.

I was driving in a car and came to a wide, four way intersection with no stoplights and no signs.  But it was cool, because I was going straight across and there was no traffic to my left or right.  So I started to proceed across the intersection when I noticed that cars were headed towards me, in both lanes.  I hit the brakes and was shocked awake.

I was in a car again and was having trouble understanding where I was going.  I came upon some backed up traffic so I pulled onto a dirt road thinking that it would serve as a detour to wherever it was that I was headed.  All at once I was surrounded by dump trucks that were dropping loads of sand everywhere.  I kept driving all around, trying to find an exit but all I could see were trucks, construction crews and poured cement everywhere.  I drove up a hill and all I saw for miles around was a massive construction project.  Thousands of workers, and lots of trucks and construction equipment, as far as the eye could see.  It was a magnificent sight, but still, I was shocked awake.     

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #332 on: May 08, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »
This dream would have been totally not worth remembering except for two things.  First, I actually knew the name of one of the people there.
Is it unusual in your dreams to not know people's names?  Or is it unusual only in your knowing their name in the dream but not knowing them in waking life?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2019, 12:21:50 AM »
Is it unusual in your dreams to not know people's names?  Or is it unusual only in your knowing their name in the dream but not knowing them in waking life?

Yes, I found it unusual that I knew Laura's name in the dream, but had never met her, or seen her anywhere in the physical world.  Most of the time I don't know the names of people in my dreams but every so often a name does pop up, and I guess that's what makes it noticeable. 

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
I had a dream right out of the blue that we were engaged in a nuclear war with Russia.  I didn't see any bombs go off, or mushroom clouds though, because a large, open bed truck stopped by to pick me up.  It was full of men who were yelling at me to hurry and climb into the back because the bombs were about to be dropped at any time. 

We were driven high into the mountains and it was very cold and snowy.  The outer parts of our clothes were turning to ice.  We struggled to pitch an 'air tent' and just before we completed the job, a large flying wing type of aircraft flew overhead.  We debated as to whether we should contact it or not.  It could have been an enemy plane after all.  But then, what did we have to loose?  We didn't have any food or water and we were freezing to death anyway, so we radioed the aircraft about our presence.

We were happy to find out that it was a friendly craft.  The giant wing hovered over us and a number of ropes were lowered down.  We tied the ropes around ourselves and were hoisted up into the plane.  I undid my rope and went forward to the cockpit where I was surprised to see that the pilot was a robot.  I watched as he flew the plane upward and into a giant blimp shaped structure that covered much of the sky.

What's that?" I asked.

"An ark," the robot answered.

The robot pilot went on to explain that the ark would circle our planet for many years until the levels of radioactivity were adequately reduced. 

"But not to worry,"  he said.  "There are more than enough supplies on board.  Plenty of food and water to last until you will be lowered back down to the earth."

The robot got up and took me to the dining area where there were long tables lined up.  Survivors of the nuclear war were sitting at them, eating food.  He took me into a massive kitchen where there were big pots of simmering soup consisting of beans, onions, rice and various meats.

I took a large bowel and ladled myself out a big helping of bean and ham soup.  I carried it to one of those long tables.   

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2019, 02:32:10 PM »
...I took a large bowel and ladled myself out a big helping of bean and ham soup... 

@Rikki Gins   Taking a large bowl of that soup will definitely give you a large bowel for a short period of time.   ;)  ;D

Didn't seem like a pleasant dream Rikki even though you were saved.   :-\   Plus it probably gave you gas.  :D

Funny enough...I made bean and ham soup yesterday and consumed quite a bit.  I am suffering the consequences.   :-[

Cheers sir!  8)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »
@Rikki Gins   Taking a large bowl of that soup will definitely give you a large bowel for a short period of time.   ;)  ;D

Didn't seem like a pleasant dream Rikki even though you were saved.   :-\   Plus it probably gave you gas.  :D

Funny enough...I made bean and ham soup yesterday and consumed quite a bit.  I am suffering the consequences.   :-[

Cheers sir!  8)

Thanks, Shay.  I made the mistake of sounding that word out in my head and there it is.  I should have caught it, after all it's bowling, not boweling, which sounds kind of painful.  I've read that radiation from a nuclear war will hang around for thousands, if not millions of years.  I wonder what the robot meant by 'many'?  Perhaps they have some type of spray cleanser that can get the job done in like one hundred years or so?

Cheers, Shay! 

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »
Thanks, Shay.  I made the mistake of sounding that word out in my head and there it is.  I should have caught it, after all it's bowling, not boweling, which sounds kind of painful.  I've read that radiation from a nuclear war will hang around for thousands, if not millions of years.  I wonder what the robot meant by 'many'?  Perhaps they have some type of spray cleanser that can get the job done in like one hundred years or so?

Cheers, Shay!

Radiation hangs around but it is all about half-life and type of fallout. People live in the areas were the bombs were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

In a full blown nuclear war I doubt if half-lives will matter. It will be an extinction event.
Are we having fun yet?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2019, 09:07:58 PM »
Radiation hangs around but it is all about half-life and type of fallout. People live in the areas were the bombs were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

In a full blown nuclear war I doubt if half-lives will matter. It will be an extinction event.

Except for those lucky ones aboard the ark.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »
Except for those lucky ones aboard the ark.

There is a show called “The 100” about earthlings trapped on a consolidated space station and their attempt to recolonize the earth 70 years after it was destroyed by an AI that trigger total nuclear annihilation using nuclear weapons. The first 4 seasons were ok. I didn’t like the 5th season as much and the 6th season really changed the story arc and I didn’t much care for it, but I haven’t finished it yet. . It has been renewed for a 7th season. I am interested to see how they develop the story based on where they took it in Season 6.
Are we having fun yet?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2019, 12:11:27 PM »
Yes, I found it unusual that I knew Laura's name in the dream, but had never met her, or seen her anywhere in the physical world.  Most of the time I don't know the names of people in my dreams
You mean you dream mostly of people unknown to you from the waking world?  Very interesting, because I dream mostly about people I know personally from waking life, plus some public figures.  Sometimes someone's a composite of some two I know.  When I dream of strangers who aren't merely "extras" in a crowd or in small supporting roles, that's very interesting to me, especially when it's a lady I'd like to meet.

Or are they people you know from awake life, but forget the names of in dreams?  That's happened to me in dreams, but happens a lot when I'm awake too.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2019, 12:52:17 PM »
I've had a few nuclear war dreams.  Strife all around me, but I'm always just fine, not even ruffled feathers, albeit sometimes requiring relocation and/or a slight inconvenience.

Last night I was alone in the lab where I last taught, cleaning up by putting away glassware and temporarily removing a piece of equipment from the hood and replacing it there.  On the way out I met Dr. Love (department head) and, realizing I should not have been there, explained that I must've sleepwalked there after stopping at the previous place I'd taught.  But before he could respond, I was saying, "But you don't remember that, because I just dreamed it, didn't I?"  And the room changed a bit as I "woke up" and saw Dr. Love again -- this time talking to another faculty member in the hallway -- and started to explain again that I'd been dreaming, before realizing I was still dreaming, because how could I have walked so far?  Well, that's OK, I've walked here before...no, wait, I only dreamed that I'd done that before.  I realized the geography of the two schools (plus my being back at my previous home) and even the weather were screwed up, and I "woke up" again.  I lost count of how many times I did this, dreams nested inside similar dreams.  Then I realized I needed to use the bathroom...or was I just dreaming such a need?  I decided that because of the possible consequences that I had nothing to lose and could only gain by waking up, so I did, this time for real...and immediately had to go to the bathroom.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2019, 06:39:48 PM »
You mean you dream mostly of people unknown to you from the waking world?  Very interesting, because I dream mostly about people I know personally from waking life, plus some public figures.  Sometimes someone's a composite of some two I know.  When I dream of strangers who aren't merely "extras" in a crowd or in small supporting roles, that's very interesting to me, especially when it's a lady I'd like to meet.

Or are they people you know from awake life, but forget the names of in dreams?  That's happened to me in dreams, but happens a lot when I'm awake too.

@Robert   Do you have dreams where the person you know doesn't look like the person you see in a dream?  For instance, I had a dream where my Mom was in it BUT as the dream progressed another person was my Mom.  Initially I saw my real Mom's image but as the dream progressed she didn't look anything like herself but the "dream me" seemed comfortable with that.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2019, 06:47:04 PM »
This is just a fragment of a dream but it's the only thing I can recall.  When I used toilet paper the roll would turn into tar paper.  The kind you would line a roof with before installing shingles.  It was brought to my attention in the dream and when I doubted the accuser I'd look in the bathroom and it was a roll of tar paper that looked wet, but it was normal before I used the bathroom.

The main concern for me is why am I dreaming of such things.  It really makes no sense.

Seriously.  :-\

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »
This is just a fragment of a dream but it's the only thing I can recall.  When I used toilet paper the roll would turn into tar paper.  The kind you would line a roof with before installing shingles.  It was brought to my attention in the dream and when I doubted the accuser I'd look in the bathroom and it was a roll of tar paper that looked wet, but it was normal before I used the bathroom.

The main concern for me is why am I dreaming of such things.  It really makes no sense.

Seriously.  :-\

Time to get the ladder out and take a little looksie at that roof Buddy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If the roof checks out, get the hand mirror out @ShayP, and - well.  You know what to do...................

visitors can't see pics , please register or login