Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 135856 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #1275 on: July 24, 2022, 01:47:12 PM »
They died by fire.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just ignore the napalm strike-through.  ;) ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1276 on: July 24, 2022, 01:52:44 PM »
Which model did you get - the little one that runs on a damp stove bottle or the big one that uses a tank?

I used a Bernzomatic blaze torch with a 20 lb. propane tank.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1277 on: July 24, 2022, 01:56:56 PM »
I will admit that it brought the pyromaniac in me.  I was looking for other things to burn.  ;D

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1278 on: July 24, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »
That’s why I haven’t gotten one.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1279 on: July 24, 2022, 03:16:31 PM »
That’s why I haven’t gotten one.

;D

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #1280 on: July 24, 2022, 03:30:53 PM »
I used a Bernzomatic blaze torch with a 20 lb. propane tank.
I use the 20 lb. propane tank as my blaze torch. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1281 on: July 24, 2022, 03:47:47 PM »
I use the 20 lb. propane tank as my blaze torch.

:o  Just light it up and hope for the best?  No gizmo like this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1282 on: July 24, 2022, 04:29:56 PM »
Adventuresome
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1283 on: July 30, 2022, 09:32:39 AM »
@sean92008 You mentioned not being able to hold a fork for more than a few minutes. How does typing work for you, do you do it in spurts or is typing (computer) not an issue? Seriously asking.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1284 on: July 30, 2022, 11:55:23 AM »
@sean92008 You mentioned not being able to hold a fork for more than a few minutes. How does typing work for you, do you do it in spurts or is typing (computer) not an issue? Seriously asking.
I use nearly 100% voice recognition. If you watch and refresh the page frequently you'll see me make a post and go back and then edit over and over correcting spelling, punctuation and stuff like that. I also hate voice recognition, not just cuz it's inaccurate but it spells cuz c u z. That is not how the fucking word is spelled it is because with an apostrophe in place of the be. Fucking Google has gotten worse in the last 10 years. I do not believe that's an accident, by the way.

Most embarrassing is when I leave a voicemail for somebody and I actually say,

. When I say the word c o m m a and n e w p a r a g r a p h. The old voice recognition system would also do things like quotation marks, semicolon, and colon with no problem.

When I am asked to type something on a computer, like at a law office recently, I asked for voice recognition or I won't do it. Funny enough, when I was going to neurologist and all sorts of doctor people's offices, I would be asked to fill out multiple pages of paperwork. I would always tell these offices before booking me that this was not going to happen and that they have to have voice recognition friendly documents online. Sure, I could write a paragraph, and I can be fucked for the rest of the week while I'm waiting for shit to get better.

PS I'm going to name-drop here...  Tony Visconti gave me a lot of grief when he found out about my situation. Other than being a charming New Yorker, he knew of some of my issues with overdoing stuff and coming up with 16 remixes, etc. From back in the early '90s.  He did have some good practical lessons about body posture and keyboard typing. I guess he was fucking his body up on a mixing board reaching and doing fine manipulation. He's into something like taekwondo feng shui stuff and, not to be disrespectful, I don't know the name of it.

Well Tony made the recommendation to put the keyboard on my lap keep my elbows in to my body not to spread them out past my shoulder width doing a complete straight elbow drop and then typing on your lap allows your body to endure a lot more. Common sense for the most part, yes, but when I started doing that, I did have a lot easier time working with keyboards and a mouse.

I'm also being careful not to dox myself, Tony knew me by another name 😈 although, for a couple times I may have been in touch with him under my real name.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1285 on: August 15, 2022, 08:35:35 PM »
@nooryisawesome

"how to molest anyone when I can't even walk?"

Is that a phrase from a movie or television episode?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1286 on: August 21, 2022, 04:02:22 PM »
@PB I bought a bike. Just for bombing around locally until I become entirely familiar with the city.

When inflating my tires - mainly the back tire, I am doing it by feel and also by weight (sitting) and looking at the back tire. It flattens out just a bit when I sit/ride.
Question is: Should I be inflating it to the point where it appears the same whether I'm seated or not?

I have the pump but no pressure gauge.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1287 on: August 21, 2022, 09:05:59 PM »
@PB I bought a bike. Just for bombing around locally until I become entirely familiar with the city.

When inflating my tires - mainly the back tire, I am doing it by feel and also by weight (sitting) and looking at the back tire. It flattens out just a bit when I sit/ride.
Question is: Should I be inflating it to the point where it appears the same whether I'm seated or not?

I have the pump but no pressure gauge.

I keep my tires pumped up as full as possible, which ends up being around 40.  It's just easier to pedal and it rolls with less resistance.  Less full is a softer ride.

You can use the air pressure gauge that you use for your car tires, or buy a cheap one at an auto parts store for $3.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1288 on: August 21, 2022, 09:43:34 PM »
I keep my tires pumped up as full as possible, which ends up being around 40.  It's just easier to pedal and it rolls with less resistance.  Less full is a softer ride.

You can use the air pressure gauge that you use for your car tires, or buy a cheap one at an auto parts store for $3.

Ahh.  Yeah, a softer ride is fine but my average in city ride is less than 6 miles total so I would prefer the faster roll. I can ice my undercarriage when I get home should the ride be too hard.

What's the over-under that Hammy jumps on that last line.  ?

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #1289 on: August 21, 2022, 09:59:48 PM »
Ahh.  Yeah, a softer ride is fine but my average in city ride is less than 6 miles total so I would prefer the faster roll. I can ice my undercarriage when I get home should the ride be too hard.

What's the over-under that Hammy jumps on that last line.  ?

What you and PB do with your undercarriage and an air pump is none of my business. Let's keep it like that.