Author Topic: The Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland  (Read 66238 times)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
Re: The Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2018, 11:55:14 PM »
When I visited there, I felt hungry and thirsty for a beer.
They must have really thick beer.   ;)      ;D
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2018, 11:55:22 PM »
Even when not on the guest list, fucking Barbara Honneger manages to hijack the show.  Disgusting.

Barbara is annoying.

>:(
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2018, 11:55:29 PM »
Even when not on the guest list, fucking Barbara Honneger manages to hijack the show.  Disgusting.
I do like her laugh.
Eh, nevermind...

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »
They must have really thick beer.   ;)      ;D

Didn't get one until I got back to Dover. A Pub there had something brewed in Belgium. A real beer at least.

:)
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »
Out of curiosity, what happen between Darkmatter and Hoagie? What got him kicked off?

Bad blood between him and Art?

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »
Didn't get one until I got back to Dover. A Pub there had something brewed in Belgium. A real beer at least.

Yes, they know how to brew.    :)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2018, 12:00:35 AM »
Yay!!

We made it. Made through a complete RCH show!

+1 zillionty to us.

;D

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2018, 12:02:43 AM »
Yay!!

+1 zillionty to us.

;D
LOL - and two nights in a row the Hoagster was on the air.
The Torsion field is spinning.  ;D

Take Care guys.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2018, 12:03:18 AM »
Yay!!

+1 zillionty to us.

;D

I missed a little of the beginning but I enjoy Hoagy's enthusiasm tonight was good.
Eh, nevermind...

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:45 AM »
I missed a little of the beginning but I enjoy Hoagy's enthusiasm tonight was good.

You get credit anyway.

+1

Night all.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2018, 01:06:16 AM »
Been listening to Hoagie for years and I still don't understand the 'hyperdimensional physics model',  a Theory of Everything but the reassuring thing is Hoagie has no clue really either.

He would have made quite a masterful con man, I mean he could have enriched himself if he had turned his talents to other areas of commerce than the rather lowly and tacky world of paranormal 'research' and media

We know Richard has no academic background in science, he's never even mentioned attending a college. But at 23 years old he becomes the curator of a childrens science museum.  That's quite amazing. I'm not sure what kind of educational background you need to become a science museum curator but I assume a science undergrad degree and/or business degree. And he gets that job at 23 with absolutely nothing but his gift for gab and bullshittery and an avid interest in science and science fiction. He then insinuates himself into the top tier of broadcasting and science, with CBS and NASA. CBS I am sure never did any serious  digging into his background, liked his passion and communication skills, he looked the part of a young scientist so he gets a freelance gig as CBS science advisor. The NASA stuff, Carl Sagan, Gene Rodenberry, Isaac Asimov is crazy, worthy of a movie, the sad part is that he probably could have pulled it all off and become a big success but his delusions of grandeur probably scared everybody off from offering him work or deals.

He could have had a Bill Nye type career, Nye isn't a scientist, he was a mechanical engineer who began doing stand up comedy who found stardom as a TV science explainer and enthusiast. Unlike Hoagie Nye is a very rich popular man who is very much appreciated by mainstream scientists and academic institutions for his ability to teach and inspire that science is fun and amazing stuff while Hoagie couldn't rein in his grandiosity and set about trying to pass himself off as not just a real scientist but one whose work has rewritten everything we know about physics and the Universe. It's quite sad how he can't see how absolutely insane that is.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2018, 01:30:52 AM »
Hoagie better get his agent on the phone. Since the Big Bang Theory only has one more season left, he's got to get his shot in now or never.  Since Bob Newhart's character is dead, Hoagland has the perfect opportunity.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2018, 01:38:45 AM »
According the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), some small museums may offer employment opportunities to curators with a bachelor’s degree, who have completed an internship at a museum and taken courses in museum-related disciplines.

Candidates like these usually earn their bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, and public relations, to name a few. In such cases, the curators will often work in administrative and managerial roles.

Most museums, however, require curators to have a master’s degree in art, history, archaeology, or related discipline. The BLS recognizes the advantage that curators with two graduate degrees have in the job market.

Master’s degree students usually choose a field to specialize like Native American history or Chinese Art.

During these years, it’s highly recommended that students complete courses or electives in museum studies, like grant writing or organizing exhibitions. Some museums, particularly natural science and history ones, prefer their curators to have doctoral degrees.

BLS also explains the importance of experience. The key to becoming a museum curator is acquiring extensive experience in research, exhibit design, collection management, and other museum related roles.

It’s common for aspiring museum curators to work their way up at museums, starting in assistant roles.

Times have changed since the 60s, back then stories of boys starting in the mailroom at a company and working themselves up the ladder to CEO were common.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2018, 02:40:18 AM »
You get credit anyway.

+1

Night all.

Enough time has passed.   +1 big guy.  ;)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2018, 02:41:22 AM »
Good answer.  ;)
(also your second +1 for the night)   ;)