Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 334151 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Ellgab Cast?
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »

I know I'm late to this, but I just wanted to add that there is meringue frosting for cakes. French meringue or Italian meringue are classics. Then there is marshmallow meringue. All very yummy. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Good to know!  Are the French and Italian meringues egg white based?  I had no idea. How nice.

I think almost cakes are made too dry.  It takes a lot of egg (or egg whites) to make a moist cake, or pan cake!  I can tell how much egg is in there by my egg allergy symptoms!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
Not with stimulation like you.

The dryness is a design flaw. Also, if Mother had made pies rather than cakes, we'd've been allowed to stomp around the kitchen w/o her complaining that we'd make the dough fall.

Seems I turned out, late in life, to be the pie maker in the family.  Unless you count mud pies.
In case you didn't know, our host does not like pie  :'(.   Robert, for the last year I have lived with people who cook frequent wonderful feasts, fussing over it, slaving over it... And then they get to drinking, totally, and forget to put the food out.  If it is put out, a lot of the time no one eats, they just drink and drink and drink.  Then the food rots in the fridge because these people seldom eat leftovers.  All this was very difficult for me to witness.  While I was surprised they let food rot, they were surprised I eat leftovers!

Be sure to call in if there is a podcast - like Inglorious said, it's great to learn what members sound like!

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2018, 05:52:40 AM »
ive been experimenting with telegram. it has windows, mac, linux,ios,android, and windows phone. also a web version.
my username is mini fang if anyone cares.
I will look into this this weekend. I should have some time. Real life is killing me lately. LOL. I think I might have enough cords to figure this out. Between two Ipads,, 1 Iphone and one old macbook I should be able to do this. The only thing is figuring out how to hook into the board from the computer because it only has a usb plug and not separate audio jacks.

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2018, 05:55:03 AM »
I will look into this this weekend. I should have some time. Real life is killing me lately. LOL. I think I might have enough cords to figure this out. Between two Ipads,, 1 Iphone and one old macbook I should be able to do this. The only thing is figuring out how to hook into the board from the computer because it only has a usb plug and not separate audio jacks.

thank you  :) :)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2018, 06:04:16 AM »
thank you  :) :)
You're welcome. I do want this tradition to continue I just can't promise how often. As for interviewing Vara's ex that is not a task for me. I don't have the MV style of asking things that make people uncomfortable and I mean that in a good way. But I am sure there is someone on this board who does and who could gladly do those types of shows. Recall it was both Curtis and MV doing gabcasts. I am way more of a Curtis type personality than a balls to the walls type as MV.

Tony Clifton

• KMST
  • Radio A
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »

Do you have an audio interface?

Skype is sketch. I've had better results using apple facetime (audio only) placing the call from my mac.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2018, 06:20:54 AM »
Do you have an audio interface?

Skype is sketch. I've had better results using apple facetime (audio only) placing the call from my mac.
People have suggested Discord, minifang wr250 is working with something. It's going to be some trial and error at first.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2018, 06:23:10 AM »
People have suggested Discord, minifang wr250 is working with something. It's going to be some trial and error at first.

I expect perfection from minute one!
No pressure though, no pressure.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2018, 06:25:31 AM »
you will need to set up your own server so you can mute/unmute  them so everyone doesnt talk at once.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

Tony Clifton

• KMST
  • Radio A
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2018, 06:28:01 AM »

Discord would work to connect the hosts and Curtis already said we could use his tunein stream as long as we schedule a time that doesn't conflict.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2018, 06:39:24 AM »
Using Discord to connect hosts makes it possible for someone who does not want to host to be involved by being the one to stream it.

Tony Clifton

• KMST
  • Radio A
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2018, 06:42:29 AM »
Using Discord to connect hosts makes it possible for someone who does not want to host to be involved by being the one to stream it.

So someone like WR250 could feed the show from discord and stream it to Curtis' tunein channel while other folks are hosting.

I like this idea.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2018, 06:48:05 AM »
So someone like WR250 could feed the show from discord and stream it to Curtis' tunein channel while other folks are hosting.

I like this idea.

They could also feed in phone/Skype calls.
The Discord chat could alert hosts to calls coming in

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2018, 06:50:50 AM »
All,

So discord is probably the way to go. Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming. Regarding perfection well, nothing less will do.  ;D

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2018, 06:53:48 AM »

I like this idea.
yes i can do this. never done it before (on curtis's stream)  and will need the info. i can easily do it on my stream.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/