Author Topic: Hated People Who Still Want To Participate  (Read 5553 times)

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
Re: Hated People Who Still Want To Participate
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 02:34:32 PM »
Check out number 4...and it's not an explosion...might want to turn down the sound on your computer or phone.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2022, 02:41:28 PM »
@sean92008 ...Hi Sean...when you were at LAX the other day, was the Centurion Lounge open?
I heard it closed due to jet fumes.

Chefist

• Elluminati
  • BITCH! GOODBYE!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2022, 03:05:39 PM »
@sean92008 ...Hi Sean...when you were at LAX the other day, was the Centurion Lounge open?

Not a bad lounge...the one in Las Vegas is better.
"I am not a stupid man!." - George Senda

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2022, 03:25:13 PM »

I was in the Bradley arrivals terminal. Nothing is open down there except for a single coffee stand and a currency exchange. Upstairs still has shopping, but haven't been there in ages.

Bradley arrivals and a lot of parking is continually under construction. PITA!
Eh, nevermind...

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2022, 08:33:57 PM »
How neat you got to experience it! So did you smell the smell they claim is in their lounges? The scent that smells like high-end men's cologne?
500 dollar annual fee to have an American Express card, right?
Noooooo...NOOOoooooo....

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2022, 08:51:20 PM »
I was in the Bradley arrivals terminal. Nothing is open down there except for a single coffee stand and a currency exchange. Upstairs still has shopping, but haven't been there in ages.

Bradley arrivals and a lot of parking is continually under construction. PITA!
Thanks Sean. PITA-sorry about that. One thing I remember you can buy at LAX is a back and neck massage. And boy do all those shops at LAX want your business...I know everybody these days is super-hungry for all the money they can possibly get and this was years ago...must be even more aggressive now and desperate with inflation. I'm surprised they don't yet have "barkers" standing in front of the shops but I bet that's coming. I walked past the massage shop at LAX and looked in as I walked by at a big, tall, Black guy kind of ramming his fingers into some woman's neck or her upper back...(gosh I hope he was being gentle enough-surely she would have said something if he was being too rough...Caucasian woman...I thought she might be older) I made eye contact with him and he looked at me in a look that said, "Come in here and have a massage." but he didn't say a word. It just reminded me how desperate shop workers probably are to pull in as much biz as they possibly can and of course they're always competing with the other shops to get you to spend your "fun cash" (my mom called it "walking around money") at -their- place. I thought to myself I would not want -him- sticking his fingers into the back of my neck...he might be too harsh.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2022, 09:02:57 PM »
At first I thought this was fake and somebody was simply blowing a fan in there, but this is actually REAL. Somebody commented the steering wheel is wiggling like Jell-O and it is. Why do their eardrums not rupture?
And yes I remember the old TV commercial showing the drinking glass or wine glass by the speaker and the singing Black lady hits a note that breaks the glass.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2022, 09:19:55 PM »
Do you have a favorite song of all time? I do. Mine is "Ah Leah" by Donnie Iris. This is the best version of it that I know of. It seems to me to be a little bit faster than the album version which works.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2022, 09:46:22 PM »
OK, they decided to try putting opera into this song...some people in comments like it, and some people said it just doesn't work.
In my opinion it does work...I love it when this beauty breaks out into opera while she's singing this. I can see that it would be hard to successfully blend -any- opera into disco, pop, or rock, but to me they pulled it off.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2022, 10:52:59 PM »
Do you have a favorite song of all time? I do. Mine is "Ah Leah" by Donnie Iris. This is the best version of it that I know of. It seems to me to be a little bit faster than the album version which works.
I was the guy who'd be asked to sit in with a band and I tried to decline because I don't pay attention to songs. 

Until I saw a video on Ah! Leah! and the bogus lawsuit surrounding it, I didn't even know it's name.

Seriously, I thought Donnie Iris was an R&B singer. (Donnie Hathaway confusion, maybe.) I've loved the song for decades...

I have had friends that remember all the lines from numerous movies...  I can't remember my own songs, or my own age and often what I had for breakfast. I do remember passwords for accounts and telephone numbers going back 30 to 50 years.

Eh, nevermind...

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2022, 01:15:49 AM »
I was the guy who'd be asked to sit in with a band and I tried to decline because I don't pay attention to songs. 

Until I saw a video on Ah! Leah! and the bogus lawsuit surrounding it, I didn't even know it's name.

Seriously, I thought Donnie Iris was an R&B singer. (Donnie Hathaway confusion, maybe.) I've loved the song for decades...

I have had friends that remember all the lines from numerous movies...  I can't remember my own songs, or my own age and often what I had for breakfast. I do remember passwords for accounts and telephone numbers going back 30 to 50 years.

Thanks so much for your post. I never knew there was a lawsuit surrounding Ah Leah or if I heard about it, unfortunately hearing about it didn't make it into my long-term memory.
I will have to look that up.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2022, 01:27:33 AM »
Man, I love this joke. Do you get it?

A noted psychiatrist was a guest at a gathering of blondes, and his hostess naturally broached the subject in which the doctor was most at ease.

"Would you mind telling me, Doctor," she asked, "how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?"

"Nothing is easier," he replied. "You ask him a simple question which everyone should answer with no trouble. If he hesitates, that puts you on the track."

"What sort of question?"

"Well, you might ask him, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one?'"

The blonde thought a moment, then said with a nervous laugh, "You wouldn't happen to have another example would you?" she asked.

"I don't know that much about history."
===============================

Here's another joke...
Blonde goes to the Western Union....
A blonde goes to the Western Union office and says, "I just have to get an urgent message to my mother in Europe."
The clerk says it will be $100, and she replies "But I don't have that much money, and I must get a message to her, it's urgent! I'll do anything to get a message to her."

The clerk replies "Anything?"

"Yes... ANYTHING!" replies the blonde.

He leads her back to his office and closes the door. He tells her to kneel in front of him and unzip his pants."

She does. "Take it out", says the clerk."

She does this as well. She looks up at him, his "member" in her hands and he says "Well... go ahead and do it..."

She brings her lips close to it and shouts "Hello?... Mom?"
==================================

And another joke...

Can’t believe what I saw in McDonald’s today. An old man placed an order for one hamburger , French fries and a drink.
He unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half , placing one half in front of his wife.
He then carefully counted out the French fries , dividing them into two piles and neatly placed one pile in front of his wife.
He took a sip of the drink , his wife took a sip and then set the cup down between them. As he began to eat his few bites of hamburger , the people around them were looking over and whispering.
Obviously they were thinking , 'That poor old couple - all they can afford is one meal for the two of them.'
As the man began to eat his fries a young man came to the table and politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple. The old man said , they were just fine - they were used to sharing everything..
People closer to the table noticed the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite. She sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink.
Again , the young man came over and begged them to let him buy another meal for them. This time the old woman said 'No , thank you , we are used to sharing everything.'
Finally , as the old man finished and was wiping his face neatly with the napkin , the young man again came over to the little old lady who had yet to eat a single bite of food and asked 'What is it you are waiting for?'
She answered
'THE TEETH'.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2022, 01:49:36 AM »
And here's a poem. It's by someone called, "Cruelty".

Saturday Night Again And It's Raining

Steel muzzles nuzzle the wet brick wall
and the back bumpers and the back bumpers
and the back bumpers
of the cars parked still in the rain,
stalled horses shining in well rubbed coats
of detailers wax
behind the wrangler in his narrow box
with his radio and the keys
to all those dreams,
waiting for somebody else’s dessert,
and the coat check lineup to shift
and shuffle these runny beaded sheets
of lapis blue, glacier blue, cobalt blue metallic,
silver smoke, oyster grey, carmine, rio yellow,
bluechip pearl, blackberry –
wet dance floors for jitterbug stop lights,
street lights, spot lights, lightening flash,
flash bulbs, swooping tango
of patrol car light balls -
a confusion of drizzling color,
candied light mirages in running water.
Closing time smears the street’s makeup,
pinches out the neon signs like wine bottle candles-
tattoo artist
cocktails
pizza wings
cuban cigars
lucy’s lounge –
leaves nothing but this toothless, swindled grin.
Empties clink and rattle in black alleys
behind steakfrites bistros, cafes
and licensed premises.
Way downtown, bored push brooms stroke popcorn
along the bijou floors ahead of sad old men
who sigh and wish for yesterday.
Uptown, sorry bags of squander slump raccooned
in driveways
beneath big trees that once looked down
on horses pulling milk and bread. Upstairs,
a second rate author of guilt
and small regrets stands at his dresser
in socks and shorts
separating crumpled bills from good receipts,
his back to an undone bed full of who knows who,
who won’t wake up,
who won’t go home
so why not, he figures, climb back in.
Ghosts of Coltrane’s ghost writhe to hard-bop
in uncertain time, eight beats
of rain against the window
over three notes, six or sometimes more,
mouths and fingers run up and down
the scales to branches jangling
gouting eves, gutter grunts and gurgles
and the wailing of some far off
lonesome
prairie train’s
lament.
The bronco bucks and bucks to throw off sheet’s abusive weight
and doesn’t that headboard lay down some
solid base.
Hope may live there in the dark,
the heart of it beating in the rain
but dawn won’t bring the sun or bagels,
crosswords or a borrowed shirt.
Tomorrow
only Sunday’s getting in.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2022, 09:47:29 AM »
@Chefist
How is the food? What's your favorite thing they serve in those lounges?
Man, I still want that American Express card but I don't trust myself enough to be able to work that card properly so the benefits gotten out of it in a year's time far exceed the big annual fee it has on it. I know it's not just the food and drinks at the lounges but also...what is it...the 6 percent cash back on everything bought, correct? People do love that card...it is tempting.
Oh, were you the fellow who revealed what the SECRET blend of 11 herbs and spices in Kentucky Fried Chicken are, in a radio show?
I'd like to know the secret ingredients in Coca~Cola too...and BUSH'S canned baked beans is trying to get in on that whole "it's a secret" thing too. I guess Big Mac sauce ingredients are also a secret. Tastes like horseradish to me.
What is that perfume that smells like Play-Dough...I think it's Calvin Klein's Obsession.

The_Snoopy_Phone

• KDWN
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2022, 09:55:18 AM »
As always, you may want to turn your sound down. Here's another video and you can see the steering wheel turned into what looks like wiggling Jell-O. Sometimes I can't tell if it's actually sound shock waves going into the camera or is something really moving but it looks the the steering wheel is actually moving. And none of this is done with fans. Look at how it's moving his ears! I can't understand how anyone's hearing could go through this without being ruined. Seems to me it'd be terrible for your whole body. Wouldn't it make your eyeballs start rippling?
The old "Magic Fingers" machines in hotel rooms that vibrated the bed for a quarter are a lot safer.