Author Topic: FISH MEMORIAL Fundraiser - HEART 9/11  (Read 1927 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
FISH MEMORIAL Fundraiser - HEART 9/11
« on: August 31, 2022, 09:41:55 AM »
I was not going to mention this as FISH was a very private person and liked to decide who she would share her information with.
FISH passed away in early July.

She had a few causes she cared greatly about. Her main cause is one she did not want to share publicly but she did share another one - "an organization the helps--9/11 FIRST RESPONDERS". I will cycle through various related charities for the foreseeable future to honor our friend FISH.

The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our revenue to HEART 9/11 .

Thanks to @FISH for recommending "an organization the helps--9/11 FIRST RESPONDERS"

You can make your own donation directly by visiting this link

HEART 9/11’s Mission is to…

Respond immediately to natural and man-made disasters
Rebuild community centers in hard-hit areas to meet grassroots needs
Recover by building resiliency for individuals, families and communities

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: FISH MEMORIAL Fundraiser - HEART 9/11
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 09:51:31 AM »
I am stunned and so saddened by this news. Such a vibrant lady. I can't help but believe even better awaits her
A donation to her special cause is a great remembrance. Thanks Bart
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 10:32:55 AM »
I’m saddened, too. I communicated with her other than here.  We shared stories about our fathers flying B-24s in WWII - hers in the Pacific and mine in Europe.  She seemed to be a nice and intelligent person.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 11:25:07 AM »
Wow.  I'm also stunned.  I enjoyed our interactions.  Especially our Pittsburgh/Philadelphia rivalry.  The banter was fun.  I always had a feeling she was a badass lady not to be reckoned with.  Also there was a pic she posted in Rikki's 100 years ago thread that showed a guy with a woman in a wheelbarrow.  I can't remember the context but it was funny.  Essentially me carrying her around on a night on the town or something.  Nonetheless...

I was hoping she just took a break from posting on the board but now we know.  Sad news.

I will miss getting "The fist of hate."

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 11:58:41 AM »
Oh no. Very sad to learn of this. She seemed to be a genuinely good, caring person and I always enjoyed communicating with her. From hockey, to B-24's [One of my Uncle's was a gunner] to that goofball dude over on Night Terrors and of course Rix's Old Time Radio she brought a great deal to the board. Like Shay, I was hoping she had simply moved on.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 01:17:38 PM »
I have been wondering for some time now where and how she's been. Thought about PMing her mid August but did not want to be a bother.  I really enjoyed the few PM conversations we had, and I was always surprised that she would entertain any form of communication with the KSM guy.

I imagine her husband was there to welcome her into eternity.  :)

Goodbye, @FISH

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 01:27:56 PM »
I believe she passed away on the Fourth of July.  Now that's one patriotic move.  Rest in peace, dear friend.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 01:30:50 PM »
I believe she passed away on the Fourth of July.  Now that's one patriotic move.  Rest in peace, dear friend.

I hope it was a peaceful transition without fear or pain. That's my wish for most people... Except Falkie...
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »
I have been wondering for some time now where and how she's been. Thought about PMing her mid August but did not want to be a bother...

Same here.  I really enjoyed her posts, very classy and down to earth.  Sad day.  My condolences to her friends and family.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2022, 02:36:23 PM »
In my earlier post that I had to edit, I refereed to FISH as Janice. Sometimes I referred to her as Joyce. She was always quick to correct me with a stern but gentle PM. *face palm*  :-[

PS  I wonder if she would have played the Nose game? Whatta you think @Rikki Gins ?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 05:46:54 PM »
In my earlier post that I had to edit, I refereed to FISH as Janice. Sometimes I referred to her as Joyce. She was always quick to correct me with a stern but gentle PM. *face palm*  :-[

PS  I wonder if she would have played the Nose game? Whatta you think @Rikki Gins ?

@KSM  No doubt in my mind that she would have loved playing the game.  She loved History, and would have probably done pretty darn good on historical noses.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 05:51:42 PM »
@KSM  No doubt in my mind that she would have loved playing the game.  She loved History, and would have probably done pretty darn good on historical noses.
:)

Next NOSE GAME topic? HISTORICAL NOSES! Great FISH inspired idea!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2022, 10:48:02 AM »
This is so sad to hear. I really enjoyed FISH. She didn't suffer fools lightly and had a kind and generous heart. Thank you for letting us know Bart. I'm glad we can support some of her favorite charities.

Go in Peace, you are missed.  :'(
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2022, 10:52:02 AM »
I believe she passed away on the Fourth of July.  Now that's one patriotic move. 

I like to look at it like she did not want to ruin July 5th, a day that is historically much more important.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2022, 10:55:30 AM »
Like Shay, I was hoping she had simply moved on.

I was going to leave it at that but, as the weeks went by, I decided to do this instead.