Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 753730 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2018, 01:34:10 PM »
Bart,

A question and a suggestion:

Didn't you have Legacy Pops (the thing you're supposed to suck at) sold at the BartMart?  It popped into my head this morning (PT).

The suggestion is to add banner ads to the new unread posts page.  No real content to cause flagging and it's a useful tool for me that I go to much more often than the main page.

I thought I had the but I may be confusing it with Legacy Lozenges.

I do not know if they can add an ad to that since it is not a page.
I will remind everyone to frequent our fine sponsors as needed.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »
Hi, Bart.

What do you think of having a "Thread Of The Month" poll?

I would just rig it so @Rikki Gins wins every month for his brilliant work.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #452 on: August 12, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »
No.
You know why they thought that at first?
Because nobody was using them.
Now, ever since the $8 cup of coffee, Instagram meal picture taking brand whores feel they need one to keep up with the Joneses brand whores started using them they are seeing they are not nearly as virus proof as they thought.

not only are they not virus proof, you get to pay top dollar for 4 year old tech (in most cases).
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #453 on: August 12, 2018, 03:17:37 PM »
not only are they not virus proof, you get to pay top dollar for 4 year old tech (in most cases).
Yeah, when they left the PowerPC lines and went with Intel, they became more susceptible to virii. 😀

I must say though, in 1999, my wife frequented Japanese websites on our Mac, including one that changed our dial-up number to one of those high-priced long distance providers overseas...  Good thing I had a dedicated phone line with blocks on long distance and carrier codes.

We dodged a bullet there.
Eh, nevermind...

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
I would just rig it so @Rikki Gins wins every month for his brilliant work.
Yeah, I gotcha.  But it would have to be a different thread per month.  Then, the best out of the 12 winners for the year, announced on New Year's Eve. ;D

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2018, 06:19:33 PM »
Yeah, when they left the PowerPC lines and went with Intel, they became more susceptible to virii. 😀

Jobs was in quite a fix. We had both PCs and Macs running Photoshop and the PCs were much faster. As Apple was such a relatively small customer, Motorola had no interest in increasing processor speeds. Jobs jumping to IBM and then Intel when IBM sold out was probably doing all he could do.
Merry Christmas

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #456 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
Will someone please tell me how to get a larger picture in the message area without having to type words or use the attachment? Not too savvy on this stuff yet. 😲

And, I do apologize again if my hitting the report thingy by mistake more than once came in as real complaints. Paying more attention to that now. I’m old, what can I say....😬

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2018, 10:13:09 PM »
Bart, how PC are you? I am not!

So here we go; Indian leg wrestle orrr, first nations aboriginal peoples leg wrestle??

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »
I'm ashamed to say it but McDonalds pancakes are reeeally yummy :) :)
I think they add maple flavoring.  A very novel recipe.

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2018, 01:28:01 AM »
Dear Bart,

Where can I find a quality pancake?

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2018, 01:43:02 AM »
I can decipher this painting.  It is an early man depiction of an alien fire team.  Counting fm the left, First man is the primary  radio operator.  You can see the radio antennae at a 45 degree angle over his back.  Number 2, leading the team, is the Team Leader, he is designated by the ring around his chest.  Number 3 man is the assistant team leader, that is why his arm is linked to the team leader. He is also depicted as a 'rifle man' by the wedge like arrow design.  Number 4 man is a basic 'rifle man' with the same design as number 3 man.  Number 5, is the newbie, he is the back up radio operator.  He is also carrying a box type affair which serves the purpose of a combat pack.  In there are the spare batteries for the radio, spare ammo, pogey bait and other assorted shit. (He was probably wondering why he signed up and how to get out of this chickenshit outfit. 'Join the Space Force and see the Galaxy!  It'll be fun.' they said.)

Mystery solve.

Every now and then, there is a post that reminds me why I am here.  Thanks.  :)

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #461 on: August 13, 2018, 01:45:08 AM »
Dear Bart,

Max Factor developed is specifically for the stars and for film.  But it is available to the common folk such as yourself through Amazon, today.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow... Now I know more about early Hollywood makeup and the reasons behind "pan cake" than I ever cared to.

https://cosmeticsandskin.com/bcb/cake.php

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2018, 05:32:09 AM »
Bart, how PC are you? I am not!

So here we go; Indian leg wrestle orrr, first nations aboriginal peoples leg wrestle??

People who say they are not PC are usually just racists looking for justification.

Indians are from India.
Some drunk explorer named Columbus thought he was in India and called them Indians.
Don't be that guy.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2018, 05:34:00 AM »
Dear Bart,

In your kitchen.... unless you are in NYC then the only thing in your kitchen is the rest of your clothes that don't fit in your 8X6 bedroom.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2018, 05:36:14 AM »
Will someone please tell me how to get a larger picture in the message area without having to type words or use the attachment? Not too savvy on this stuff yet. 😲

And, I do apologize again if my hitting the report thingy by mistake more than once came in as real complaints. Paying more attention to that now. I’m old, what can I say....😬

I don't understand the first part.
Second part- There are 2 steps to reporting, just clicking on REPORT alone won't do it.