Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284055 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1380 on: May 30, 2022, 01:40:54 PM »
At the risk of sounding a tad dark, I think Art picked the right year to call it quits on this whole life thing.

Was listening to the "what's happened to us" show from the mid 2000's today. What they thought was crazy only 15ish years ago is nothing compared to now. Can you imagine a caller claiming to be a time traveler from 2022 calling in to talk about the issues of today? Gender identity and pronouns, just to name one thing.  Art would have laughed his ass off in complete disbelief. Women with male parts. Heh heh..  Or gas prices? HA!  Please::)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1381 on: May 30, 2022, 01:44:57 PM »
At the risk of sounding a tad dark, I think Art picked the right year to call it quits on this whole life thing.

Was listening to the "what's happened to us" show from the mid 2000's today. What they thought was crazy only 15ish years ago is nothing compared to now. Can you imagine a caller claiming to be a time traveler from 2022 calling in to talk about the issues of today? Gender identity and pronouns, just to name one thing.  Art would have laughed his ass off in complete disbelief. Women with male parts. Heh heh..  Or gas prices? HA!  Please::)

Mentioning to him something like leaving his legacy with some crazy-assed groupie would have probably gotten an incredulous response as well. Especially so because she didn't look Asian, rather looked like a horse.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1382 on: May 30, 2022, 06:28:47 PM »
Mentioning to him something like leaving his legacy with some crazy-assed groupie would have probably gotten an incredulous response as well. Especially so because she didn't look Asian, rather looked like a horse.

I guess I'm not up on all the Heather hate, but I just don't understand what the big deal is. Didn't he offer her the gig? If offered, I would have taken it and you'd all hate me.
Can you imagine that!!? Hating,  ME??   :'(

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1383 on: May 30, 2022, 06:31:39 PM »
I guess I'm not up on all the Heather hate, but I just don't understand what the big deal is. Didn't he offer her the gig? If offered, I would have taken it and you'd all hate me.

We've never seen you and Heather in the same room...

Les Pauls...

Something is off here...

I am concerned...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1384 on: May 30, 2022, 06:38:16 PM »
We've never seen you and Heather in the same room...

Les Pauls...

Something is off here...

I am concerned...

I would be sure to wear my duel pouch underwear.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1385 on: May 30, 2022, 07:08:05 PM »
I guess I'm not up on all the Heather hate, but I just don't understand what the big deal is. Didn't he offer her the gig?...

It was her attitude, in so many ways.  The rest just made it all worse.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1386 on: May 30, 2022, 07:15:01 PM »

No.  You wouldn't be hated.  You probably would do a fine job and not pretend to be Art Bell.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1387 on: May 30, 2022, 07:16:42 PM »
It was her attitude, in so many ways.  The rest just made it all worse.

^^^ THIS

Plus using Art's cadence was annoying.

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #1388 on: May 31, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1389 on: May 31, 2022, 07:40:27 AM »
I would be sure to wear my duel pouch underwear.
Do you have a bunch of 8-bit tattoos on your thigh and what is your stripper name?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1390 on: May 31, 2022, 10:51:29 AM »

I've heard that before but never seen it. They get him on the verge of tears before calling him up to the stage.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1391 on: June 03, 2022, 01:14:57 PM »
Listened to a 'classic' from 98 last night. The Rods guy, Jose Escamilla. On a small-scale issue like rods, he's my new favorite full of shit guest of all time. Art had him on four times over the years. Goodness gracious, son. Made full of shit John Keel sound pretty even-keeled.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1392 on: June 03, 2022, 01:45:34 PM »
I heard Dr. Evelyn Paglini's first call with Art on U7 early this morning.  1996?  It was recorded from a SiT but they cut off the last date recitation. She confirmed Ramona (RIP) did something right by sprinkling salt (to block/isolate/weaken) a haunted item or something of the sort.

If someone like her called sNoory, he would have rushed her off the phone because she would have been too real and challenging...

He'd immediately take line 3, Louise was waiting to tell us about how she rode Cassius Clay like a cowgirl and became pregnant with Muhammad Ali's space alien love child.

Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1393 on: June 03, 2022, 02:33:04 PM »
I heard Dr. Evelyn Paglini's first call with Art on U7 early this morning.  1996?  It was recorded from a SiT but they cut off the last date recitation. She confirmed Ramona (RIP) did something right by sprinkling salt (to block/isolate/weaken) a haunted item or something of the sort.

If someone like her called sNoory, he would have rushed her off the phone because she would have been too real and challenging...

He'd immediately take line 3, Louise was waiting to tell us about how she rode Cassius Clay like a cowgirl and became pregnant with Muhammad Ali's space alien love child.
Looks like thats the show playing on Somewhere in Time tomorrow night - the first appearance of Paglini with Art Bell in 1997...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1394 on: June 03, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »
Looks like thats the show playing on Somewhere in Time tomorrow night - the first appearance of Paglini with Art Bell in 1997...
Sure enough.

“6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 6/3/97 which features the first appearance of the legendary (and late) witch, Evelyn Paglini.”

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/upcoming/

Unfortunately, Chuckles Willis is on for Saturday’s C2C and, of course, Snorge is on for Super Suck Sunday.  :P

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎