Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283889 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2025 on: October 08, 2023, 07:43:17 PM »
12 June 2003 Bob Lazar

I would love if he had the viable hydrogen conversion kit for cars. 

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-a-look-at-how-bob-lazar-interviews-match-up-with-pentagons-admission-of-studying-ufos/

That is one of my favorite shows. The first hour with Bobert on his experience. I made a Bob Lazar Saga out of the main three shows he did with Art. Editing and narrowing it down to the meat of each show and including one of the open lines segments.

It is indeed my favorite of all.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2026 on: October 10, 2023, 09:19:17 AM »
Last night while playing on shuffle, the show from September 10th 2001 came on. It's a good one too. Real good! Hoagie was in fine form as they discussed too as they discussed the Arecibo response and were later joined by (name escapes me) to discuss crop circles in general. The last half of the show was about Pirate Radio.

As Art closed the show, you cannot help but get a weird feeling knowing what happens just hours later as the whole world changes forever.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2027 on: October 10, 2023, 10:06:17 AM »
Last night while playing on shuffle, the show from September 10th 2001 came on. It's a good one too. Real good! Hoagie was in fine form as they discussed too as they discussed the Arecibo response and were later joined by (name escapes me) to discuss crop circles in general. The last half of the show was about Pirate Radio.

As Art closed the show, you cannot help but get a weird feeling knowing what happens just hours later as the whole world changes forever.

Like watching an old movie and knowing how things turned out for some of the actors.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2028 on: October 10, 2023, 12:11:57 PM »

Like watching an old movie and knowing how things turned out for some of the actors.

Yeah, sorta. I still avoid listening to the 911 week of shows. He did 3-4 nights after the 11th about the 11th, which is understandable, but holy hell it's tough listening.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2029 on: October 10, 2023, 12:14:21 PM »
Art was the national psychologist those nights using his great interviewing skills to draw out the callers' feelings.  Those were raw shows.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2030 on: October 10, 2023, 12:39:10 PM »
Art was the national psychologist those nights using his great interviewing skills to draw out the callers' feelings.  Those were raw shows.
Absolutely. No argument here, but listening to it all once was enough. We digest, process, compartmentalize, and move on while not forgetting. Once was enough for me.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2031 on: October 14, 2023, 06:12:08 PM »
Oddly the c2cam website has this listed for tonight's Art Bell Somewhere in Time broadcast:
From 6-10pm PT, Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to 10/16/22 when Dr. Paul Mayewski discussed extreme climate changes.

An Art Bell show from a year ago? Did he somehow broadcast a show from the great beyond or via one of his time traveler callers?  :o

Doing a search of past shows, that guy was a guest with Art Bell on 10/16/02 - so the listing was off by 20 years!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2032 on: October 14, 2023, 06:15:26 PM »
Oddly the c2cam website has this listed for tonight's Art Bell Somewhere in Time broadcast:
From 6-10pm PT, Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to 10/16/22 when Dr. Paul Mayewski discussed extreme climate changes.

An Art Bell show from a year ago? Did he somehow broadcast a show from the great beyond or via one of his time traveler callers?  :o

Joshua P. Warren Ghost Box edition...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2033 on: October 15, 2023, 07:44:06 AM »
Why was Art's delivery on Dreamland different than on Coast? You can clearly hear that he's speaking slightly off his normal patterns of C2C. I annoys me to the point where a if a Dreamland show comes on in shuffle I head over and click the next button. I should probably organize the Dreamlands into their own folder rather than all content together.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2034 on: October 15, 2023, 08:53:21 AM »
Why was Art's delivery on Dreamland different than on Coast? You can clearly hear that he's speaking slightly off his normal patterns of C2C. I annoys me to the point where a if a Dreamland show comes on in shuffle I head over and click the next button. I should probably organize the Dreamlands into their own folder rather than all content together.
::)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2035 on: October 15, 2023, 09:04:19 AM »

Doing a search of past shows, that guy was a guest with Art Bell on 10/16/02 - so the listing was off by 20 years!

The guest was very interesting and his book is still available through Amazon.  This show was an example of how Art could handle a real scientist.  sNoory would have asked about digging up evidence of space aliens or dead little bablies.  Or why do they call it Greenland?
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2036 on: October 15, 2023, 10:00:27 AM »
My guess is that he was more organized for Dreamland. He probably had 3 x 5 cards!

Something else that might have happened would be that they may have pitched the show faster or slower in order for it to fit with the commercial breaks.

I remember, for a long time, The Rush Limbaugh show would be aired in the Los Angeles and San Diego. The shows were at different pitches because KFI would throw in longer breaks. It wasn't much, maybe 30 seconds, maybe a minute difference every hour, but you could hear the difference.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2037 on: October 15, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »
My guess is that he was more organized for Dreamland. He probably had 3 x 5 cards!

Something else that might have happened would be that they may have pitched the show faster or slower in order for it to fit with the commercial breaks.

I remember, for a long time, The Rush Limbaugh show would be aired in the Los Angeles and San Diego. The shows were at different pitches because KFI would throw in longer breaks. It wasn't much, maybe 30 seconds, maybe a minute difference every hour, but you could hear the difference.
Are you drunk?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2038 on: October 15, 2023, 02:45:08 PM »
WOKV in Jacksonville did the same thing.  They had about two extra minutes of commercials at the top of the hour and sped up the show to catch up by the bottom of the hour break.  I could listen to another station that aired Rush straight, so it was easy to compare.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2039 on: October 15, 2023, 04:06:41 PM »
Are you drunk?

No, but if your dentist friend wanted to liquor me up, I need an extraction...
Eh, nevermind...