Author Topic: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse  (Read 20933 times)

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
Re: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2018, 03:42:38 AM »
It's been a while since I showed some love towards this thread.  More to come soon but was just looking at the old classic silent, Birth Of A Nation.  It's been criticized for being racist but here is something funny.  An American Indian, Dark Cloud, played a Civil War General.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He indeed was of the First Nations People and unfortunately died in 1918 of the Spanish flu.

Wow! Interesting tidbit.
♦♦👽♦♦

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2018, 04:44:47 AM »
Great little short film. Beautiful cinematography.

this looks great thx for sharing

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »
Imdb'ers don't seem to like any of these but I enjoy them. The first because of the shooting location and realism of "Enter the Devil (1972) of West Texas and Big Bend country. Apparently it has become somewhat a "cult film," pun intended. Even now much of the area in hard to access, miles from law enforcement, no cell phone signals, etc. The second "Death House" aka "Silent Night, Bloody Night" (1972) I'm not sure why I liked except the score and casting and general atmosphere. Both are apparently available on youtube.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »
Postscript:  Eric Brown also played the lucky student in Private Lessons where he gets it on with teacher Sylvia Kristel.  I wish I had that sort of typecasting. :P

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Did I misinterpret that movie?  I thought, until I saw someone else's synopsis, that his father had set that up deliberately.  Anyone familiar enough w either the movie or the Dan Greenberg story to rule that out?

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »
I heard that Adrian Cronauer, the inspiration behind Robin Williams' Good Morning Vietnam, passed away last year so I watched Good Morning Vietnam again. It was just as good as it was 30 years ago.