Author Topic: 2019 NFL Season  (Read 36855 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: 2019 NFL Season
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 05:10:45 PM »
Glad to see the Raid-uhs are still the Raid-uhs. 

In the aftermath of the very predictable Antonio Brown mess, one local sports columnist had this to say:  ''In the last 372 days, Gruden has traded away a generational talent in Khalil Mack and a stud wide receiver in Amari Cooper, a second-round pick, two third-round picks, and a fifth-round pick. In return, he has only rookies Josh Jacobs and Johnathan Abrams and one first-round pick. That’s horrific general managing.''

The good news is they still have 8 seasons to go after this one on Jon Gruden's 10 year $100 million contract.  You know what they say in Raiderland, ''Just Win, Baby''.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 10:30:01 PM »
Glad to see the Raid-uhs are still the Raid-uhs. 

In the aftermath of the very predictable Antonio Brown mess, one local sports columnist had this to say:  ''In the last 372 days, Gruden has traded away a generational talent in Khalil Mack and a stud wide receiver in Amari Cooper, a second-round pick, two third-round picks, and a fifth-round pick. In return, he has only rookies Josh Jacobs and Johnathan Abrams and one first-round pick. That’s horrific general managing.''

The good news is they still have 8 seasons to go after this one on Jon Gruden's 10 year $100 million contract.  You know what they say in Raiderland, ''Just Win, Baby''.

At least soon they will be Las Vegas' problem. But they should change their name and colors when they leave. The Vegas Sinners and Greenback Green

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 10:42:23 PM »

That last game tonight was ugly. Poor Steelers. What a way to start your season. The Patriots look absolutely unstoppable. Collinsworth made an insightful remark. Did Antonio Brown watch this game and wonder "why do they even need me?"  Nah. Considering NFL egos I doubt it

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 04:47:47 AM »
After game one, who Tanks for Tua?
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 05:20:57 AM »

That last game tonight was ugly. Poor Steelers. What a way to start your season. The Patriots look absolutely unstoppable. Collinsworth made an insightful remark. Did Antonio Brown watch this game and wonder "why do they even need me?"  Nah. Considering NFL egos I doubt it

@TigerLily  That game was painful for me to watch.  I really thought the Steelers would finally win at New England.  The Patriots just picked them apart as usual.  *sigh*  :-\

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 05:26:24 AM »
After game one, who Tanks for Tua?

@juan  Do you think he'll be the #1 overall pick in the draft?  I think that Hebert kid from Oregon has a shot.  Before the first game was played yesterday my belief was the Dolphins will be the worst team in the league.  They'll have that pick.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 06:16:05 AM »
@TigerLily  That game was painful for me to watch.  I really thought the Steelers would finally win at New England.  The Patriots just picked them apart as usual.  *sigh*  :-\

Cheers @ShayP . Let's hope this was an anomaly. Opening night jitters. And it's all steamrolling the competition from here on out. (Except the Rams, of course)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »
@ShayP I’d take Georgia’s Andrew Thomas and fix left tackle for a decade. Stopping the pass rush will make a lot of quarterbacks better.
Merry Christmas

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »

Don't be discouraged, Shay.  It's hard to judge how well a certain team will do just by watching the first game.  Anything can change.  I recall a Patriots game a couple seasons ago, where they started off with an early score, and they were all nodding to each other as if it was business as usual, and then they proceeded to get their asses beat.  This is where the Steelers have it over the Patriots.  If a game is close, and down to the final minutes, I would bet on Big Ben to come out the victor everytime.  They just have to tighten things up, make some adjustments.  They'll be back.  You just watch.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 02:58:51 PM »
2 things:

1)  I hope the Chargers go 0 for the next 15.  On a related note, I hope Melvin Gordon gets traded to a good team.

2)  I am suspicious of the Patriots and this Antonio Brown thing.  The Patriots are known cheaters in many different ways. I hope somebody slipped up along the way and that the league catches them. Brown was a whiny little bitch in Pittsburgh and Oakland, if he suddenly becomes an altar boy in New England, may his ACL be ripped to shreds and his contract void 👿👿👿

Rant over, soapbox surrendered, I still hate the NFL and revel in its empty seats problem.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »
The Brown thing is a up-and-up as a Hillary coin flip.
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

OMG. Just finished watching the Saints/Texans game. Just how awesome was that? Dynamic teams both. And even a WWE body slam thrown in for extra entertainment value. Now that was football. I'm a happy girl 😺

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 10:44:55 PM »
2 things:

1)  I hope the Chargers go 0 for the next 15.  On a related note, I hope Melvin Gordon gets traded to a good team.

2)  I am suspicious of the Patriots and this Antonio Brown thing.  The Patriots are known cheaters in many different ways. I hope somebody slipped up along the way and that the league catches them. Brown was a whiny little bitch in Pittsburgh and Oakland, if he suddenly becomes an altar boy in New England, may his ACL be ripped to shreds and his contract void 👿👿👿

Rant over, soapbox surrendered, I still hate the NFL and revel in its empty seats problem.

Sooo ... You're not a fan?

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 07:48:41 PM »
OMG. Just finished watching the Saints/Texans game. Just how awesome was that? Dynamic teams both. And even a WWE body slam thrown in for extra entertainment value. Now that was football. I'm a happy girl 😺

I have to give some good credit for that new MNF commentator Booger McFarland who quickly pointed out that the Texans defense was defending the long (TD) pass when in reality the Saints only needed about 10 or so yards to get a FG.

I normally don't cheer the Raiders but I made an exception this week because of the Brown situation plus my fantasy opponent had the Broncos (Broncos crapping the bed gave me the WIN for the week)

Glad to see GB win in Chicago but the Jets are the Jets and giving up 17 straight points and 14 in the 4th quarter is such a Jets thing to do. Did the Browns just come down to reality? Are the Ravens that good or the Dolphins that bad?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »
I have to give some good credit for that new MNF commentator Booger McFarland who quickly pointed out that the Texans defense was defending the long (TD) pass when in reality the Saints only needed about 10 or so yards to get a FG.

I normally don't cheer the Raiders but I made an exception this week because of the Brown situation plus my fantasy opponent had the Broncos (Broncos crapping the bed gave me the WIN for the week)

Glad to see GB win in Chicago but the Jets are the Jets and giving up 17 straight points and 14 in the 4th quarter is such a Jets thing to do. Did the Browns just come down to reality? Are the Ravens that good or the Dolphins that bad?

Yep. Booger is an excellent commentator. I'm glad they let him come in from the cold and Witten goes back on the field where he belongs. So great the Raiders won after what they have gone through. Congrats on your win, Z. Yes. I thought I would root for the Bears but I have been loving Green Bay long time and really glad they did so well. Bless Aaron Rodgers. I bet the Browns would do better if they changed their team name. That's just a shitty name to be stuck with. The Ravens might be good. But the Dolphins definitely stink. I think Dallas is going to have a great season too. My Rams looked a bit rocky but still scored 30 points. And a win is a win

Hooray football season!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login