Author Topic: TV Series Binge Watching  (Read 39059 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: TV Series Binge Watching
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2021, 12:27:37 AM »
It's so difficult for me to binge. I have Prime and Disney, and I mostly watch movies. I don't watch much TV anymore because so much TV are series, I miss the single episodes stories that you can jump in and out and not have to watch every episode in order.
That's because your attention span mirrors your short dink.

Right @TigerLily ?
Sorry @Zetaspeak  the whole idea is you can binge a series but not a movie. Wait. I take that back. You can binge the Dark Knight movies back  to back. The X-Men; even the different re-boots of Star Trek and Star Wars. Those would have been excellent pastimes during the COVID lockdown. Binge away, Z. Binge away

Awwwwwwwwwwww  :'(

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2021, 02:30:55 PM »
Twilight Zone Marathon -- 76 episodes of The Twilight Zone Marathon this weekend on Decades! This Weekend: July 3-4, 2021

Over the air and on cable, and, Locast in some cities.

https://www.decades.com/binge

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2021, 09:42:47 PM »
Roku has added more seasons of Barney Miller. Post Jack Soo ☹️

I'm watching St. Elsewhere (s1e4 with a heavy One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest reference).  God, what a great show. I can't wait for Mrs. Hufnagel!

Just started Shadow and Bone. Really awkward first episode, poorly set-up, no backstory. Looks like it could be good, maybe great Plus, they show Asian-mix ass
😁😁😁😁

Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2021, 05:40:34 PM »
Mark Harmon's gaystache (season 2 just started)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2021, 07:37:27 AM »
This week of BINGE watching? I need to escape from 2021.
One Step Beyond
Like The Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond is a hosted anthology series about other-wordly phenomena. But it actually debuted nine months before The Twilight Zone.
The TWILIGHT ZONE has stood the test of time. However, I enjoy watching ONE STEP BEYOND on YouTube.
One Step Beyond": The Visitor.  May 10 1960.
A bitter wife (Joan Fontaine) is visited by a younger version of her husband (Warren Beatty), who wants to rekindle their failing marriage.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2021, 10:25:15 PM »
Just finished St. Elsewhere... Starting Hill Street Blues.

40 years on... Most of the surviving stars are in their 70s.

AIDS and cancer did away with a few.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2021, 03:35:36 AM »
This week of BINGE watching? I need to escape from 2021.
One Step Beyond
Like The Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond is a hosted anthology series about other-wordly phenomena. But it actually debuted nine months before The Twilight Zone.
The TWILIGHT ZONE has stood the test of time. However, I enjoy watching ONE STEP BEYOND on YouTube.
One Step Beyond": The Visitor.  May 10 1960.
A bitter wife (Joan Fontaine) is visited by a younger version of her husband (Warren Beatty), who wants to rekindle their failing marriage.

Twilight Zone is beyond compare but, yes, One Step Beyond and the original Outer Limits have some excellent episodes.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2021, 07:46:13 PM »
It is sad that my mindspace is cluttered with hot memories that really don't pertain to myself.

I remember, distinctly might I add, that detective Washington on Hill Street Blues once said "statue-tory rape" to LaRue.  I am binging the show right now and I'm up to Series 3 episode 17, I believe I'm now I'm watching the episode that he will say that. Why in the hell am I remembering that?

I am really loving watching Hill Street Blues. Not the greatest show of all time, but enthralling.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2021, 09:13:41 PM »
It is sad that my mindspace is cluttered with hot memories that really don't pertain to myself.

I remember, distinctly might I add, that detective Washington on Hill Street Blues once said "statue-tory rape" to LaRue.  I am binging the show right now and I'm up to Series 3 episode 17, I believe I'm now I'm watching the episode that he will say that. Why in the hell am I remembering that?

I am really loving watching Hill Street Blues. Not the greatest show of all time, but enthralling.

The same thing happens to me.  Random TV stuff just pops in my head.  I haven't seen Hill Street Blues since it went off the air.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2021, 01:17:30 AM »
The same thing happens to me.  Random TV stuff just pops in my head.  I haven't seen Hill Street Blues since it went off the air.

I finally got to the episode where he said that.. the girl in question was Ally Sheedy.

Shay, Hill Street Blues was definitely a groundbreaking show. I really appreciate it now so much more than I did when it was originally on, probably because of age but also because I can binge it like this and really get the impact of how intense the show is.
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2021, 03:34:39 AM »
I finally got to the episode where he said that.. the girl in question was Ally Sheedy.

Shay, Hill Street Blues was definitely a groundbreaking show. I really appreciate it now so much more than I did when it was originally on, probably because of age but also because I can binge it like this and really get the impact of how intense the show is.
My Dad used to watch that show. All I remember is the theme song.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2021, 08:39:27 AM »

I'm going to have to put it on my list.  After I'm done with my Rockford Files box set I'll check it out, however you gave me the desire to watch St. Elsewhere as well.  Another one I haven't seen since it went off the air.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »
In the fifth year of Hill Street blues, a regular extra, Robert Hirschfield who played desk clerk Leo, started to get an opening credit... That is instead of getting an end of show "also starring" mention... I noticed, on maybe episode 15 or 16 that he was getting credit at the end of the show as well as at the beginning. An oversight, obviously. He had been relegated to the end of the show credits for so long, likely over 90 episodes, I found it funny.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2021, 08:06:58 PM »
I am just a few episodes away from finishing Hill Street Blues. I don't know how many TV shows have changed their opening sequence so often in one single season. They have a different opening sequence depending on who is being featured. They also had a lot of cast changes that last season.

It was a real groundbreaking show and wasn't just limited to its script.

I am going to mourn the end of this binge. I am running out of connections to my past. I didn't watch a whole hell of a lot of television.

Star Trek The Next Generation
X-Files
St. Elsewhere
Hill Street Blues
Twilight Zone
Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2021, 07:51:55 AM »
Netflix is often a WOKE disappointment for me.
However, I really like the Stranger Things series. The show is set in the 80's-a mix of investigative drama alongside supernatural elements portrayed with horror, science fiction and childlike sensibilities.