Author Topic: Lucky's Lounge  (Read 6533 times)

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
Lucky's Lounge
« on: November 26, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »
I made a safe space. Please don't hurt it. I lowkey need it. I think we all do at times too. Board isn't just for me, it's for all to share.
Noory was the real legacy...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
Re: Lucky's Lounge
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »
I made a safe space. Please don't hurt it. I lowkey need it. I think we all do at times too. Board isn't just for me, it's for all to share.

Best of luck with your thread.

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 01:36:47 PM »
Best of luck with your thread.

Thanks, I'll need it. I understand by nature this is automatically now going to be seen as an easy target for trolls but im praying that it doesn't turn out that way

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »
Thanks, I'll need it. I understand by nature this is automatically now going to be seen as an easy target for trolls but im praying that it doesn't turn out that way

You bet.  Build your thread as you like and pay no never mind to detractors.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »
Are you going to serve free finger food during happy hour?

Asking for a friend.
Are we having fun yet?

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 02:04:19 PM »

I feel less stressed here already.  Thank you.  I have to leave in a minute, but when you have the time please explain what a safe space is?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 10:25:20 PM »
So, is it a random thoughts kind of thing that I might say to a buddy or bartender? A confession thread? Oooh  those ones can get really juicy ;) I'll play ball but to whom am I throwing it to? This is most curious.

I await clarification from the author. BTW your karma is spectacular for so few posts. Are you undead? If you are I'll find that out too. 8)

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 03:55:36 PM »
I wish there was finger food! If this was real life, the certainly would be. I love serving up unusual foods for the few guests I allow in my home. This Thanksgiving I hosted a few of my family here, and in the menu was things like bamboo rice, bacon wrapped scallops, and chocolate mochie.

A safe space is something started by my triggertastic generation. It was originally a place designated on campuses where people prone to anxiety and panic attacks, oftentimes exaggerated and over the top, would go to feel safe. No offensive or combative language of any kind was prohibited, no judgement over any sexual orientation wasn't allowed, and respectable behaviors and extremist inclusivity are only tolerated. The extremist nature of it all makes it a very easy target for those with more of a backbone to pick on and make fun of mercilessly. Over time, the concept has become less stigmatized and less extremist the further from liberal arts colleges the idea spread. It's now more of a generalized acceptance.... for instance, at my first university, all the classrooms had signs on them saying LGBT SAFE SPACE, which meant you can safely take the class without fear of judgement or mistreatment by the professor, and toxic bullying from the students won't be tolerated. Big deal where that area was too, there were a lot of hate crimes over race and gender identity.  But anyway, that's the roots of the term. Considering I nor anyone here that I've conversed with is an extremist, I feel confident that it won't get perverted into something resembling the original form, and instead just be a nice happy board.

Here i typed up this huge paragraph about why im so incredibly miserable and stressed. I might post it later but i don't want it being on the first page forever. I want it buried a little bit.

I also know im not alone. But the point of the board isn't a bitching board. It's more like a positivity board? I mean bitch too, yes of course, we all need to vent, a lot. But it's like, vent and then be happy? Vent and problem solve? Problem solve and bring happiness? Just hang out? Post a joke? I have no idea. It just seems like a good thing to have, ya know?

The isn't any real point to the board. I'd love to see where it goes. I just made it to make myself happier and hoped people would come to my lounge. Envision with me a blue room, with electric blue neon lights around the boarders between the walls and the ceiling, navy blue couches in different avant guard shapes, and a happy blonde bartender behind a pinewood bar ready to serve you a gin and tonic (or whatever you please, all on the house of course).

It can totally be a confession board! Confessions are fun :D i do love drama and secrers. My fav board is the heather wade board because oml that woman and her drama! I'm not undead, i guess i just make lots of real zingers :P theres so many clever people on Ellgab though! I love it!

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 06:20:37 PM »
61 people read this.... 61 people can post something!!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 06:38:06 PM »
Hi Lucky. Where did you go to school?
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 07:18:00 PM »
Hi Lucky. Where did you go to school?
hehehe

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 09:15:50 PM »
Probly shouldn't answer that.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 03:42:10 AM »
Hello. This is "calming cat"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a bunch more "relaxing-type" stuff if you want, not necessarily cat or other animal related.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 04:35:15 AM »
So is this, like the new bellehaven? If so most of this board is already like this. Good luck though.