Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 185906 times)

Delvis Diaz

• Elluminati
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »
MV--someone with a mail-order bride--"created" a fan community. Hahaha.
You make the guy sound like Tolkien.
The users always "create" the environment. MV paid the bills and raked in (likely dwindling) profits.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2019, 07:45:06 PM »
Hey Asserae... I saw you posted another super tasteful cartoon of someone dismembering someone else because they hurt their feelers it seemed.  I guess the Santa torture one only works seasonally.

I know your sort I’m guessing. Just a word of advice, next time your buddies ask you to accompany them on their pirat.... errr... FISHING boat for a day on the water, keep your head down. The US navy isn’t into what is likely your seafaring occupation in third worldsville.
Babu!!!!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2019, 08:45:55 PM »
MV created all of this stuff. Bart Ell was merely a user, just like the rest of us ... That is up until he cyber stalked MV, stole his intellectual property and reformatted it into a chintzy knock-off site. And it'll always be the case ... those are the cold hard facts. BellGab will always be where everything began.
You have an innate talent for coming up empty, it's actually quite remarkable. And why all of the sudden are you habitually posting over here? Curious

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2019, 02:32:54 AM »
This is like saying Ford made a car, so nobody else can use the template for a vehicle that has 4 wheels and seats.

You're right! I don't believe I was all that clear in what I meant in my prior post, so please let me clarify: I'm only saying that, as far as I know, Bart created his persona ON BellGab, and so, the entire premise of EllGab even being BellGab without the "B" and other modifications stemmed from there. Bart's entire character is an anagram of Art Bell, and derivative of BellGab, reliant on its existence to have even been conceived. No?

Bart made EllGab after MV fucked off with no warning. Everyone had a chance to come here, it was no longer MV’s rules here because it’s not his, it’s similar because that’s what was needed. It evolved because it was nurtured.

Correct. As did I. I arrived here too, maybe later than others (I can't recall precisely when) ... and certainly MV's rules don't apply to someone else's forum. I am in total agreement with you that its an evolvement - but an evolvement of what BellGab started. Surely this is a reasonable conclusion for me to come to?

MV doesn’t appear to be the one bellyaching about this. If he is I haven’t seen it (and could give a shit if he was tbh). So who are the people who have an issue with it... and more to the point, why? I doubt it would make a shit bit of difference at this point, but it would be interesting to know.

No, he doesn't seem to be. Right. I don't know who has an issue with it, save for a few BellGabber's that you can read bitching about it on BellGab. I only took umbrage and used such strongly worded phrases in my original post because Bart took it upon himself to be incredibly impolite to me in the Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade thread a day or so ago.  So yes, I lost my temper.

But I just want both yourself and @anniem to understand, ladies, you both know me, and especially, that I don't like to upset the apple cart unnecessarily. I retract my off colour remarks about the board, and knowing me, you should know I hold no disdain for either of you, and am indeed rather fond of you two. So please try to see past my curt summary of how I see things.

This is evolution. It’s not a knock off site, it is is distinctly different in a number of ways. As with everything online, if you don’t like it, don’t come here.

I'd miss you. You're hardly ever at BellGab.

You are right BellGab is the older sibling, but as others have pointed out there are older iterations. Hell if you want to go back to the start, why not look at Usenet or The Grassy Knoll on AOL? That’s exactly where I first heard of Art Bell.

EllGab is now arguably more successful than it’s older sibling now, maybe that is the bigger and more important question to ponder, why is that?

Please see my original point, about EllGab being a interpolation of BellGab. Because I think you may have misunderstood my point (possibly due to my lacking the eloquence needed to express myself well).

If you're talking economics, my brain isn't wired that way, so I wouldn't know, and don't place value on money alone per se, but if success means like minds are enjoying one another's interactions and conversations - even if they happen to get a bit heated at times - then I guess that is success. I think its clear at this point that I just have a nostalgia for BellGab, and tend to want to remind folks of the real story if they begin getting ahead of themselves too much.

I'm happy to apologize if I've been rude, because I respect your opinion.
not well-liked, but right

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2019, 04:03:22 AM »
You're right! I don't believe I was all that clear in what I meant in my prior post, so please let me clarify: I'm only saying that, as far as I know, Bart created his persona ON BellGab, and so, the entire premise of EllGab even being BellGab without the "B" and other modifications stemmed from there. Bart's entire character is an anagram of Art Bell, and derivative of BellGab, reliant on its existence to have even been conceived. No?

Correct. As did I. I arrived here too, maybe later than others (I can't recall precisely when) ... and certainly MV's rules don't apply to someone else's forum. I am in total agreement with you that its an evolvement - but an evolvement of what BellGab started. Surely this is a reasonable conclusion for me to come to?

No, he doesn't seem to be. Right. I don't know who has an issue with it, save for a few BellGabber's that you can read bitching about it on BellGab. I only took umbrage and used such strongly worded phrases in my original post because Bart took it upon himself to be incredibly impolite to me in the Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade thread a day or so ago.  So yes, I lost my temper.

But I just want both yourself and @anniem to understand, ladies, you both know me, and especially, that I don't like to upset the apple cart unnecessarily. I retract my off colour remarks about the board, and knowing me, you should know I hold no disdain for either of you, and am indeed rather fond of you two. So please try to see past my curt summary of how I see things.

I'd miss you. You're hardly ever at BellGab.

Please see my original point, about EllGab being a interpolation of BellGab. Because I think you may have misunderstood my point (possibly due to my lacking the eloquence needed to express myself well).

If you're talking economics, my brain isn't wired that way, so I wouldn't know, and don't place value on money alone per se, but if success means like minds are enjoying one another's interactions and conversations - even if they happen to get a bit heated at times - then I guess that is success. I think its clear at this point that I just have a nostalgia for BellGab, and tend to want to remind folks of the real story if they begin getting ahead of themselves too much.

I'm happy to apologize if I've been rude, because I respect your opinion.

no need to apologise at all .. if we don’t have discussion, what’s the point of being here (apart from cats!)?

:)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Ms. C

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2019, 04:06:09 AM »
no need to apologise at all .. if we don’t have discussion, what’s the point of being here (apart from cats!)?

:)

And dogs!!!

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2019, 04:16:55 AM »
I do love me some doggies and kitties.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #277 on: February 08, 2019, 04:38:31 AM »
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2019, 04:53:29 AM »
OMG, those pups are adorable!  :D

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2019, 07:41:57 AM »
Hey Asserae... I saw you posted another super tasteful cartoon of someone dismembering someone else because they hurt their feelers it seemed.  I guess the Santa torture one only works seasonally.
You're a sensitive little one as trolls go, now aren't you? :'(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2019, 07:55:19 AM »
You have an innate talent for coming up empty, it's actually quite remarkable. And why all of the sudden are you habitually posting over here? Curious
Hadn't you noticed, the dick doctor and backstabbing brig are doing purity purges over at Bellgrab.

As an innate coward brig demands and receives her mandate from MV and her tributes from sycophants like the dick doctor. Just as in professional sports when one receives the dreaded vote of confidence from brig the end is nigh. The dick doctor flails in next to her with endless catcalls of "Vara" or "globalist" and lately Jagoffstar is there with his fatuous, but equally cringeworthy, ego diaper loads of rampant condescension to assist.

I suspect that after they buly Azzerae for a while they'll simply boot him and, as they harvest MAC addresses over there, the odds of being able to re-sock and return fire are limited by one's use of another device, IP and other finger-printable hardware profiles.

Of course it is MV's personal petting zoo so no expectation pf public access for all exists.

Think of Bellgrab as "Fight Club". So when someone here queries why Azzerae is posting in Ellgab there is the immediate observation that analagous to the film he has violated the first rule of Fight Club. No it's not an apples to apples example, but it's darn close. Hence their new forum preference poll in which a stunning 7 users have voted. That's some ringing endorsement of the original isn't it, a total of five members (last I looked) think it's better than Ellgab. One prefers EG, and one is bi-forum.

Look people, when your group is dying from the inside out push polling is always there to help...or not... ::) ::) ::)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2019, 07:56:53 AM »
Yes absolutely right!
Great names - Sofawolf and Gangster, they appear to be mixed breed with some rat terrier perhaps?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »
I do love me some doggies and kitties.
Aw...is that a St. Charles Spaniel? Very cute. :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2019, 08:00:54 AM »
And dogs!!!
A wee bit of Scotsman comes to mind when I see yours! ;)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2019, 08:31:06 AM »
A wee bit of Scotsman comes to mind when I see yours! ;)

Ironically, he probably owns an American Labrador  :D