Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182510 times)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2019, 08:16:15 AM »
Let's start a charity to help Kidnostad immigrate to Ell Gab. The fund would help refugees flee tyranny.
Ellgab legal immigration only. Would Kidnostad qualify as a dreamer?  :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2019, 08:18:34 AM »
As she is old enough to be his mother that’s a little too weird to be believable.
Look when Brig PMs you shots like this, you're really going to focus on age?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2019, 08:21:19 AM »
Those were three tragic strikes, and they struck out my fascination with conspiracies and the paranormal. It was like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and the Who dying in the same plane crash in the late '60s.
I still grieve the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash. :'(

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2019, 08:23:00 AM »
My bad, I first read that as "tranny"
Lol, double clutch! :o

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2019, 08:24:51 AM »
Ellgab legal immigration only. Would Kidnostad qualify as a dreamer?  :)

More of an expat given:Date Registered: July 05, 2018, 06:47:35 PM Last Active: February 11, 2019, 11:04:04 AM :-X

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »
And over in Fight Club the dick doctor continues his naked aggression against Starr!

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2019, 08:37:40 AM »
I still grieve the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash. :'(

I remember when Lynyrd Skynyrd formed in the 1960's and grew into one of our most notable hometown talents. Also remember very well the plane crash in the 1970's.

Here is a news report and interview one of our local news stations did last year with the current incarnation of the band: https://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/lynyrd-skynyrd-members-open-up-about-their-future-after-their-farewell-tour

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
Wow, thanks for that. I remain a huge Skynyrd fan, in any iteration. So neat to know solid values have been with them all along. The recently passed Ed King was a freaking genius!

Enjoy:

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
Odd that this metron incarnation tries to be polite to GS when just a couple short months ago he was ranting about him as if he were satan himself elsewhere. I do recall a rant involving accusing GS of using his glass eye as if it were anal beads I believe.

You recall NOTHING of the sort where I was concerned, you lying toad-fart.

In fact the only poster to fixate on a "glass eye" was the now banned ZaZa, as you already knew before you lied.

I guess when faced with not being able to bask in your own imagined enlightened glory for all to behold on every thread in either forum even these behaviors change quickly.

I think you need to step in:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »
Wow, thanks for that. I remain a huge Skynyrd fan, in any iteration. So neat to know solid values have been with them all along. The recently passed Ed King was a freaking genius!
Although I never met any of them in person, local friends I have known that did meet them and know them all say they were down-to-earth and kind people in spite of all they have been through.

One bit of trivia: When Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl in 2005, there was a grassroots effort to get Fox and the NFL to have Lynyrd Skynyrd as the Super Bowl halftime performers. It would have been great to see them doing the halftime show, but the effort fell short and Fox and the NFL decided to have Paul McCartney do the halftime show. Lynyrd Skynyrd did however headline a live CMT special, "Lynyrd Skynyrd's Super Bowl Saturday Night Special", at the Arena next to the stadium the Saturday night before the Super Bowl.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
Is Tom Wills still living on his reporting of the Skynyrd plane crash?
Merry Christmas

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2019, 10:48:27 AM »
Although I never met any of them in person, local friends I have known that did meet them and know them all say they were down-to-earth and kind people in spite of all they have been through.

That really comes through in this interview too - solid values and God first. I like how they have no qualms rationalizing their partying - like the Creator didn't intend for us to have any fun at all?!? ::)

One bit of trivia: When Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl in 2005, there was a grassroots effort to get Fox and the NFL to have Lynyrd Skynyrd as the Super Bowl halftime performers. It would have been great to see them doing the halftime show, but the effort fell short and Fox and the NFL decided to have Paul McCartney do the halftime show. Lynyrd Skynyrd did however headline a live CMT special, "Lynyrd Skynyrd's Super Bowl Saturday Night Special", at the Arena next to the stadium the Saturday night before the Super Bowl.

Crap, I remember that McCartney thing! Now i'm peeved because I missed that special at the time...but youtube didn't:

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »
That really comes through in this interview too - solid values and God first. I like how they have no qualms rationalizing their partying - like the Creator didn't intend for us to have any fun at all?!? ::)

Crap, I remember that McCartney thing! Now i'm peeved because I missed that special at the time...but youtube didn't:

Cool, I didn't realize that concert was on Youtube  :D    Brings back good memories. At the beginning of the video, Warren Moon introduces the band. I recall seeing him in one of the restaurants during the week before the Super Bowl along with other celebrities. That whole week before the game transformed the city, especially the downtown area, into a party atmosphere. Tons of people, no nearby parking, and events going on all around the area.

And who won the game? The Patriots ... again  :o

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »
Is Tom Wills still living on his reporting of the Skynyrd plane crash?
It seem like Tom has been around forever. I remember his reporting on that crash when it happened.
Here is his "Uncut 1977 documentary: 'Need All My Friends'" on the band and the crash and the aftermath:

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2019, 11:24:08 AM »
And some comments on the Skynyrd show - muddy audio on too many key solos, especially:

~ Charlie Daniels fiddle on "The South's Gonna Do It"

~ Gary Rossington's eponymous slide guitar intro to  "Free Bird" (at least we heard the birdies)

But in the final few minutes Ricky Medlocke simply detonates the solo at the end of "Free Bird" and pays the way for the entire show. This was new to me and I hope ya'll enjoyed it!

;D ;D ;D

ps - TNX Max for the documentary, watching it now. And Yeah those darn Patriots punked the Iggles sumpin' fierce. ;)