Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182453 times)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #780 on: April 20, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
What took 'em so long - bad TV never goes out of style

There's no doubt about it. Just look at the terrible trend of comedies that aren't watchable now.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #781 on: April 20, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
Oh good grief...no wonder I live over on Discovery and History... :o

I regularly watched the latter back in the day. That was when there was an "H" in THC.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #782 on: April 20, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »
Heh, we're all Minnesota State here Nucky!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm not sure about that. Look at who Minnesota voted into office, which is enough to make you scream like an eagle.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #783 on: April 20, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »
Shush...next thing you know it'll be a reboot of the Beverly Hillbillies... ::)

Well, it did so well at the box office. By the way, is Jim "Hey, Vern!" Varney still alive?

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #784 on: April 20, 2019, 05:46:26 PM »
Oh good grief...no wonder I live over on Discovery and History... :o

Me, too..exactly!

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #785 on: April 20, 2019, 07:14:36 PM »
Well, it did so well at the box office. By the way, is Jim "Hey, Vern!" Varney still alive?
Jim Varney passed away in 2000  :'(  A very talented actor. Really liked those Ernest movies  :D :D :D

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #786 on: April 21, 2019, 09:04:48 AM »
I regularly watched the latter back in the day. That was when there was an "H" in THC.

Notice I left out "TLC" - not really much "learning" in the non-reality TV Octomom channel... :-\

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #787 on: April 21, 2019, 09:48:37 AM »
Notice I left out "TLC" - not really much "learning" in the non-reality TV Octomom channel... :-\

I have to admit to adding to my list above the Travel Channel, a bit of the Hallmark Channel, and definitely The Weather Channel. Gotta have my fix of UFOs and ghosties, a little romance now and then, and a lot of crazy weather watching. 😁

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #788 on: April 21, 2019, 10:39:35 AM »
I'm not sure about that. Look at who Minnesota voted into office, which is enough to make you scream like an eagle.

For pretends man, only for pretends... ::)

Btw - they once sent Jess Ventura to the gov's mansion, so there's that...

As governor, Ventura oversaw reforms of Minnesota's property tax as well as the state's first sales tax rebate. Other initiatives taken under Ventura included construction of the METRO Blue Line light rail in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area, and cuts in income taxes. Ventura left office in 2003, deciding not to run for re-election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #789 on: April 21, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »

Nope, sadly he is not:

During the filming of Treehouse Hostage in August 1998, Varney started developing a bad cough. At first, it was thought that he might have caught a cold because of the climate of the area where the movie was being filmed. However, as the cough became worse, Varney began noticing blood on his handkerchief and, after filming was complete, he went to a doctor. A chain smoker, Varney had developed lung cancer. The disease slowly became worse, yet Varney continued to film movies. Upon being diagnosed, he reportedly threw his cigarettes away and quit smoking. Varney had filmed an anti-smoking public service announcement as Ernest in the 1980s, though it is often mistakenly assumed to have been filmed after his diagnosis.]

Varney finally returned to Tennessee, where he went through chemotherapy in the hope he could beat the disease. However, it failed and he died on February 10, 2000, in his home in White House, Tennessee, a city north of Nashville, at the age of 50. He was buried in Lexington Cemetery in Lexington, Kentucky.Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire, which was released a year after his death, was his final role. The film was dedicated in his memory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Varney

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:59 AM »
I have to admit to adding to my list above the Travel Channel, a bit of the Hallmark Channel, and definitely The Weather Channel. Gotta have my fix of UFOs and ghosties, a little romance now and then, and a lot of crazy weather watching. 😁
Travel is always a staple, though I miss Samantha Brown - now on PBS btw...

https://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/samantha-brown-pillow-fight/

The Weather Channel is rerun reality TV these days, and with former "Storm Chasers" live wire Reed Timmer working live shots on sister station "Accuweather" and no new episodes of the "Prospecters" show, it's a meh for now...

Have you found any enjoyable non-rerun reality shows there lately?

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2019, 01:08:20 PM »
Travel is always a staple, though I miss Samantha Brown - now on PBS btw...

https://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/samantha-brown-pillow-fight/

The Weather Channel is rerun reality TV these days, and with former "Storm Chasers" live wire Reed Timmer working live shots on sister station "Accuweather" and no new episodes of the "Prospecters" show, it's a meh for now...

Have you found any enjoyable non-rerun reality shows there lately?

I usually just watch The Weather Channel when there is bad weather heading our way, which has been a lot for us in Louisiana lately. And in June the Hurricane season starts, oh joy. 😳
I used to watch Storm Chasers when they first began and do like when they run shows on the anniversary of a serious weather disaster like Katrina, etc.
My oldest daughter lives in Weatherford, Texas (by Fort Worth) and used to watch Storm Chasers till she saw real storm chasers showing up in her area because of all the bad tornadoes. Freaks her out now!

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »
I usually just watch The Weather Channel when there is bad weather heading our way, which has been a lot for us in Louisiana lately. And in June the Hurricane season starts, oh joy. 😳
I used to watch Storm Chasers when they first began and do like when they run shows on the anniversary of a serious weather disaster like Katrina, etc.
My oldest daughter lives in Weatherford, Texas (by Fort Worth) and used to watch Storm Chasers till she saw real storm chasers showing up in her area because of all the bad tornadoes. Freaks her out now!
I've read Reed Timmer's book and it's an enjoyable, galloping memoir for a younger man.

https://www.amazon.com/Into-Storm-Hurricanes-Death-Defying-Adventures-ebook/dp/B0043RSIY6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=reed+timmer&qid=1555878331&s=books&sr=1-1-catcorr

Also recommended:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/195097.Storm_Warning

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #793 on: April 21, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #794 on: April 21, 2019, 01:56:34 PM »

Sooo true! 😁