Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 741876 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #900 on: September 14, 2018, 07:19:48 PM »
I don't drink.
Hearing her voice would make me want to punch baby birds.
I would hang in the hot tub with Miller.
I would be nude and he would leave because my naked body would make him uncomfortable with his own sexuality.
I would then be hot tubbing alone.

Morg!  likes the way you think

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CptCrisp

• Elluminati
  • Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war.
« Reply #901 on: September 14, 2018, 07:38:29 PM »
I don't drink.
Hearing her voice would make me want to punch baby birds.
I would hang in the hot tub with Miller.
I would be nude and he would leave because my naked body would make him uncomfortable with his own sexuality.
I would then be hot tubbing alone.

So you think-until Hallie breaches the surface.

Your explanation was funny enough to make up for the terrible images it conjures. A gold dubloon and a +1 to you.
Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #902 on: September 16, 2018, 02:44:12 AM »

Look at those markings!  It looks like it has a young one close to it, with the black dots being the little one's eyes and the light blue ite front.  Wow.  I wonder why God wanted to make this bird always look like it has a companion with it from its left side.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #903 on: September 16, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »
I’m in the market for a 20 watt guitar amplifier.  I’m leaning towards a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister Deluxe.  Are there others I should check out?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #904 on: September 16, 2018, 01:20:45 PM »
Look at those markings!  It looks like it has a young one close to it, with the black dots being the little one's eyes and the light blue ite front.  Wow.  I wonder why God wanted to make this bird always look like it has a companion with it from its left side.

@14

Yes, Morgan is really just a little guy still.  Not even 6 months old.  We took the little rascal on after his Mother mauled him as just a hatchling
and the owner was overwhelmed.  Managed to save him but it couldn't have happened to a nicer bird.   He's got lots of personality.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #905 on: September 16, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »
I’m in the market for a 20 watt guitar amplifier.  I’m leaning towards a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister Deluxe.  Are there others I should check out?

You can't go wrong with the blue glow of H&K!
I like the power soak, you can have the same monster sound when you spank it down to 5W.
Red Box DI is pretty decent too if you just want to feed the board the direct signal or run direct along with a mic on a cab for a fatter sound.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #906 on: September 16, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »
I like the power soak, you can have the same monster sound when you spank it down to 5W.
Red Box DI is pretty decent too if you just want to feed the board the direct signal or run direct along with a mic on a cab for a fatter sound.
Thanks for the stamp of approval. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #907 on: September 17, 2018, 12:35:12 AM »
@14

Yes, Morgan is really just a little guy still.  Not even 6 months old.  We took the little rascal on after his Mother mauled him as just a hatchling
and the owner was overwhelmed.  Managed to save him but it couldn't have happened to a nicer bird.   He's got lots of personality.
That's great!  I wonder if the mother was crazed by the markings looking like, but not actually being, a second baby.  Like he was hiding her other baby or something.  Please keep us posted.  Videos would be nice  :).  Thanks for giving him a good home.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #908 on: September 17, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »

Does the birdy sing sweet?
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #909 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »
I have a tube-related question... Who bought all of the old GE or RCA tube making machines and brought them back from Russia or Czechoslovakia (or wherever)?

I remember talking to a guy back in what seems like 2010 that said his company was doing that to go into full production in Pennsylvania.

Asking for Aspen Pittman.
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #910 on: September 18, 2018, 11:34:41 AM »
I have a tube-related question... Who bought all of the old GE or RCA tube making machines and brought them back from Russia or Czechoslovakia (or wherever)?

I remember talking to a guy back in what seems like 2010 that said his company was doing that to go into full production in Pennsylvania.

Asking for Aspen Pittman.

I remember a company called RCH Labs talking about it around that time.
I remember reading that they bought the RCA tube factory in Nevada.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #911 on: September 18, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
Looked them up, seems their website is dead.
http://www.rchlabs.com/

Google lists them as permanently closed.

Not much info about them after 2014
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/ces2014/ces2014_rch.htm

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #912 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:01 PM »
Looked them up, seems their website is dead.
http://www.rchlabs.com/

Google lists them as permanently closed.

Not much info about them after 2014
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/ces2014/ces2014_rch.htm
Shame, but at $200 a tube, only the most extreme audiophile would be investing in them.

But dude I talked to was very adamant about the coatings, so it was probably him.

I wonder why my Google search did not bring him up. Maybe I was too detailed in the part about bringing the machines back from Europe...

Just found this:

http://www.aagauction.com/glass-vacuum-tube-mfg-blowing-facility-mfg-of-precision-glass-vacuum-tubes-rch-labs-september-14-2017/
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #913 on: September 18, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »
Shame, but at $200 a tube, only the most extreme audiophile would be investing in them.

I would spent the $200 on BIAS Amp 2 and forget about impressing a few gear geeks with my new tube.
Toss in the mobile version for the road and let the gear geeks fuck up their backs from carrying their cab up 2 flights of stairs every night.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #914 on: September 18, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »
Dear Bart, I grew up believing that the meaning of life is 42 but of late have been plagued with the nagging  suspicion that it is really 36.   Can you help me with this?   Ambivalently yours, KIDNOSTAD.