Author Topic: Spookcats' Summaries  (Read 125456 times)

timebandit

• Elluminati
Re: Spookcats' Summaries
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »
the day ellgab went down... mark

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
That was kind of woo in itself. Went down about 15:10 Pacific and was back up by 15:30. "Account Suspended" was the notice.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2018, 02:03:00 AM »
@Spookcat   is there going to be other update this morning??

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2018, 02:06:44 AM »
Summary for December 24, 2018

The Bart Ell Christmas Wootacular has arrived!

Thanks to @Bart Ell @Jedimiller and @BartEllProducer  :)
  • if you want to talk more about George Senda AKA Falkie, you can do so here: http://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=13.0 (just to warn you, I have not been in there, so I don't know what awaits you. I'm sure Morg! can be your guide. What's his bribing rate, @Walks_At_Night ?
  • The servers went down for a few minutes today, sending panic across some of Ellgabs members.
  • k_dubb reminds us of difficult foreign words, but it's COOKIE TALK!
    Some great, some not so great.  I am still figuring out some of these old recipes.  The pfeffernusse and berlinerkranser are perfect, the pebernodder I pulled too early so they are too moist and don't have that lovely dry crunch (aiming for a redo today), the sirupsnitter I rolled too thick until the very end when I got the hang of the dough, the spritz are a little chalky for my taste, and the sandbakkelse stuck all over the molds and only 2/3 are presentable.  I still have the old standby ginger and sugar cookies to do tomorrow -- they always turn out -- and the krumkaker on Christmas morning because they are best fresh.

I am most disappointed in the gevulde speculaas.  I just used an internet recipe that looked authentic and promising but didn't do enough comparison.  Some calorie-counting scrooge took out almost half the brown sugar when compared to other recipes, and the cookie part tastes almost salty because the marzipan filling is so sweet.
  • More lovely banter from Dyna-X, K_dubb, albright, and Bob's Your Uncle starts here: topic of the time of starting, ratings. http://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=8.msg135546#msg135546
  • @Bookwormy posts a link to Michael Decons interview with Dr. Luke and Michael Vandeven. http://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=8.msg135798#msg135798

Have a wonderful Christmas eve everyone!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2018, 02:16:14 AM »

Thanks @Spookcat

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2018, 02:33:05 AM »
Thanks @Spookcat

Just be patient. I haven't missed a day yet, and it's Christmas eve here. You're often online around this time, so you probably already know everything here. :)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2018, 02:49:33 AM »
Just be patient. I haven't missed a day yet, and it's Christmas eve here. You're often online around this time, so you probably already know everything here. :)
@Spookcat  ok.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2018, 04:46:12 AM »

• if you want to talk more about George Senda AKA Falkie, you can do so here: http://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=13.0 (just to warn you, I have not been in there, so I don't know what awaits you. I'm sure Morg! can be your guide. What's his bribing rate, @Walks_At_Night ?

The little guy would do just about anything for a sprig of Millet - even take the uninitiated into the Falkieverse..................

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2018, 05:13:03 AM »
@Spookcat, wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas. Again, thank you for your summaries. It saves me time to get ready for Christmas Eve. I am having company coming to my home in a few hours. I am cleaning like a mad woman and some gifts still need wrapping. Tippy and I had a huge fight last night. On my clean rug Tippy starts vomiting up hair balls--3 times!. Since she is an out door cat about 1/8 th of the time, I put her outside for punishment. Tippy climbs a tree and starting her meowing. Tippy starts acting like she does not know how to get down from the tree. After some time, I wondered if I should contact the Fire Department to help Tippy. Mr Fish tells me to stop looking at Tippy in the Tree. He reminds me that Tippy knows how to get down. She is just "acting like a kid who is mad''.  I stop trying to talk Tippy down and I close the door.  2 minutes later, Tippy is meowing at the door. Tippy walks into my home, like she is the QUEEN.  The End.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2018, 05:58:22 AM »
...and I misspelled @albrecht in my summary... Sorry! This is the risk I'm taking when I'm not tagging people… >.<

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2018, 06:03:21 AM »
The little guy would do just about anything for a sprig of Millet - even take the uninitiated into the Falkieverse..................

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've not forgotten my word to give Morg! a drawing. I should be able to do that soon. I just don't draw when I'm in a less than positive shape as I don't want any negative energy to go into those; strange as that might seem. ^^;

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2018, 06:03:56 AM »
@Spookcat, wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas. Again, thank you for your summaries. It saves me time to get ready for Christmas Eve. I am having company coming to my home in a few hours. I am cleaning like a mad woman and some gifts still need wrapping. Tippy and I had a huge fight last night. On my clean rug Tippy starts vomiting up hair balls--3 times!. Since she is an out door cat about 1/8 th of the time, I put her outside for punishment. Tippy climbs a tree and starting her meowing. Tippy starts acting like she does not know how to get down from the tree. After some time, I wondered if I should contact the Fire Department to help Tippy. Mr Fish tells me to stop looking at Tippy in the Tree. He reminds me that Tippy knows how to get down. She is just "acting like a kid who is mad''.  I stop trying to talk Tippy down and I close the door.  2 minutes later, Tippy is meowing at the door. Tippy walks into my home, like she is the QUEEN.  The End.

I love it!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2018, 06:30:39 AM »

ALSO  page 4595 in drama thread... ^^;

Ms. C

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2018, 08:40:57 AM »
Dear @Spookcat

.... since its tomorrow where you are ... Santa Paws Carson wants to say a special Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Spookcat.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
Dear @Spookcat

.... since its tomorrow where you are ... Santa Paws Carson wants to say a special Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Spookcat.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

That is really cute @Ms. C !