Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 62849 times)

LawnBoy

• KDWN
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »
Well I imagine the O's are happy the season is over. Ouch on so many levels.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/10/03/baltimore-orioles-chris-davis-worst-hitting-season-ever/

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 03:58:48 PM »

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/10/03/baltimore-orioles-chris-davis-worst-hitting-season-ever/

At least they got rid of Duquette and Showalter today.  Duquette was crap, plain and simple.  I've always been amazed how he (Duquette) kept his job. 

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »

I remember when Chris Davis was a big free agent get.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
I remember when Chris Davis was a big free agent get.
I'm sure it will work out.  ;)

Good for Stros! I love October. College FB at its best with TX/OU etc, baseball getting more important, and NHL starting. And, sorta, not really, won't for a while, getting cooler.....

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
I'm sure it will work out.  ;)

Good for Stros! I love October. College FB at its best with TX/OU etc, baseball getting more important, and NHL starting. And, sorta, not really, won't for a while, getting cooler.....

I certainly don’t have a clue how they are doing the rankings this year. Aggies were ranked #22 when they played #1 Alabama. Ags beat the spread even though they lost and they dropped out of the top 25. Now they are playing #13 Kentucky and the Ags are favored by 6 points. Go figure.

#BTHOK
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »
I certainly don’t have a clue how they are doing the rankings this year. Aggies were ranked #22 when they played #1 Alabama. Ags beat the spread even though they lost and they dropped out of the top 25. Now they are playing #13 Kentucky and the Ags are favored by 6 points. Go figure.

#BTHOK
At this point I don't care. Frustrated for years now about program and spending priorities and general NCAA pretending "amateur" etc. But still like it, not going up this year though. And we need our rivalry back. Breaking was friggin' ridiculous n shows what 'went wrong' with systems. I want to play ou, aggies, and arkansas every year. Then make conference schedules. History. Bad blood. Fun times.
ps: rankings I think are some algorithm plus manipulation for ratings now. Not that they werent before but now a computer makes it weirder.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »
If Texas and OU would go ahead and join the SEC, you could play those teams every year.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
Unless they can wrangle up a miracle it's curtains for the Indians. Astros having fun like they're assembling Lego out there..

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2018, 03:59:00 PM »
Unless they can wrangle up a miracle it's curtains for the Indians. Astros having fun like they're assembling Lego out there..
It was a game for a bit but then Stros turned it up and it got ugly. Go Stros!

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »
If Texas and OU would go ahead and join the SEC, you could play those teams every year.
True but I think the Legislature would step in as politicians have done before because if TX or ou left the BIG 12 would be nothing and other TX schools would lose a lot of revenue.  A lot of politics involved though I would like to play a&m, ou, and arkansas yearly. Keep the ou game in Dallas. Bring back a home/away series with a&m on Thanksgiving or next day and a home/away with Arkansas.  A good win but scary in the 4th!

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2018, 06:24:31 PM »
Boston rolling tonight also. Strange day for bb.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 06:35:02 PM »
True but I think the Legislature would step in as politicians have done before because if TX or ou left the BIG 12 would be nothing and other TX schools would lose a lot of revenue.  A lot of politics involved though I would like to play a&m, ou, and arkansas yearly. Keep the ou game in Dallas. Bring back a home/away series with a&m on Thanksgiving or next day and a home/away with Arkansas.  A good win but scary in the 4th!
It's weird UT and A&M stopped playing each other.  I understand UT has reached out to the Aggies but, so far, they've declined.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »
It's weird UT and A&M stopped playing each other.  I understand UT has reached out to the Aggies but, so far, they've declined.
It is so fcked up. Sorta how Baylor got in back in the day. So much politics. And stupid. Take a historic rivalry and benefits both programs and ditch. A lot of weird politics going on in our school systems. Who would've thought Ken Starr would be involved with Baylor, a Baptist college where dancing was banned as recently as the late 90's, would be involved with a yuuge rape etc football scandal. It is crazy. And that is one of the more mundane situations, but bad, of course.....

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »
This game getting....interesting.