Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 38986 times)

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2019, 04:52:58 AM »
You think Arya will run back to Gendry?

By the looks of the trailer for next week looks like she’s sticking around in KL.

I will go hunting for fanfic about Gendry and Arya in a couple of weeks ;)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2019, 04:57:33 AM »
You think Arya will run back to Gendry?
Will Gendry Baratheon end up on The Iron Throne as King and Arya as Queen?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2019, 05:58:41 AM »
What are you guys doing for the final ep?

I’ve got my sister coming over for a final simulcast viewing and pre party. Marital Unit is away for anti kidnap training (yes, really) next week so I need to be able to squeeze/cry etc with someone!
LONG story LONG:

Years ago Mr. Fish was seriously injured in battle. He is a retired USA veteran. To this day, he has chronic medical problems.  A few years ago, he had to retire from his job as a parole officer due to his medical issues. He is a true law and order type of guy. He reads at least one book a week. He is always looking for something new to read. My friend who is not only a psychiatrist but also an attorney loves to read. She is one very intelligent female. She made a suggestion for Mr. Fish to read George R.R. Martin’s novels. I purchased the GoT novel for Mr. Fish as a start. He ate the first 5 books up. He is now waiting for The Winds of Winter.

I am a nurse who worked in the emergency department for over 20 years. I saw it all. For extra money I signed up for CBRN defense training.  CBRN = Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear. I was trained for defending our country against the threat of CBRN weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction. I tried to be serious. However, I had flash back to the X Files’ TV series. They dressed me up like I was going to perform an alien autopsy. At times, I would start laughing during my training. I kept waiting for the Cigarette Smoking Man to show up during my training.

I don’t think @DynamoHum 's martial unit will be laughing during his anti-kidnap training. Will he?

Since the beginning of HBO’s GoT series, Mr. Fish and I order a large pizza and watched GoT. Mr. Fish has the book knowledge and I have the social media knowledge. We will watch the final episode of Game of Thrones season 8 together with our large pizza. Mr. Fish will need to sprinkle extra garlic power and oregano on his slices. I take my pizza as it comes from the shop. I try to take my life and Game of Thrones as it comes…

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:56 AM »
LONG story LONG:

Years ago Mr. Fish was seriously injured in battle. He is a retired USA veteran. To this day, he has chronic medical problems.  A few years ago, he had to retire from his job as a parole officer due to his medical issues. He is a true law and order type of guy. He reads at least one book a week. He is always looking for something new to read. My friend who is not only a psychiatrist but also an attorney loves to read. She is one very intelligent female. She made a suggestion for Mr. Fish to read George R.R. Martin’s novels. I purchased the GoT novel for Mr. Fish as a start. He ate the first 5 books up. He is now waiting for The Winds of Winter.

I am a nurse who worked in the emergency department for over 20 years. I saw it all. For extra money I signed up for CBRN defense training.  CBRN = Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear. I was trained for defending our country against the threat of CBRN weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction. I tried to be serious. However, I had flash back to the X Files’ TV series. They dressed me up like I was going to perform an alien autopsy. At times, I would start laughing during my training. I kept waiting for the Cigarette Smoking Man to show up during my training.

I don’t think @DynamoHum 's martial unit will be laughing during his anti-kidnap training. Will he?

Since the beginning of HBO’s GoT series, Mr. Fish and I order a large pizza and watched GoT. Mr. Fish has the book knowledge and I have the social media knowledge. We will watch the final episode of Game of Thrones season 8 together with our large pizza. Mr. Fish will need to sprinkle extra garlic power and oregano on his slices. I take my pizza as it comes from the shop. I try to take my life and Game of Thrones as it comes…

Did you hear on the Cockles podcast about the agreement between D&D and GRRM to not put the other books out til after the show... I think we may get them quite soon, which I am pleased about as I have held off reading them til after the show is over...

I also had CBRN training when I worked at a USAF base - sobering stuff!

My sister has the book knowledge. We watched ep2 together as well - she knows she isn’t allowed to talk during the show, but we do allow speaking during ad breaks. She bought me a GoT cookbook for Christmas a couple of years ago .. I may put that to use on Sunday!

Hubby will be deadly serious about his training ... I think he might just have to go to Afghanistan this year as well as Democratic Republic of the Congo and maybe Palestine.

Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2019, 07:37:35 AM »
Did you hear on the Cockles podcast about the agreement between D&D and GRRM to not put the other books out til after the show... I think we may get them quite soon, which I am pleased about as I have held off reading them til after the show is over...

My sister has the book knowledge. We watched ep2 together as well - she knows she isn’t allowed to talk during the show, but we do allow speaking during ad breaks. She bought me a GoT cookbook for Christmas a couple of years ago .. I may put that to use on Sunday!

Hubby will be deadly serious about his training ... I think he might just have to go to Afghanistan this year as well as Democratic Republic of the Congo and maybe Palestine.

GRRM came out with a statement that the books weren't done, that he hasn't even started on the eighth one...

As for who I think should take it all in the finale:

https://twitter.com/HurricaneHetty/status/1127971040582340608

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2019, 05:36:48 AM »
GRRM came out with a statement that the books weren't done, that he hasn't even started on the eighth one...

As for who I think should take it all in the finale:

https://twitter.com/HurricaneHetty/status/1127971040582340608

i care

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2019, 05:53:42 AM »

While in my kitchen for hours, I listened to Oysters, Clams & Cockles: Season 8, Episode 5: The Bells, again. Yes, I heard about the book agreement. Wow!!!
@Spookcat , I wonder why GRRM came out with a statement that the books weren't done. What is up with that?
Yes, CBRN training is sobering. I handle stress with humor or music. I blame my Irish DNA.
I am happy to know that you will have your “quiet” sister with you as you was watch THE END. I did not know that there was a GoT cookbook. LOL!
Oh no, your hubby may have to travel to those dangerous areas> I hope not. Most men ans women in that line of work, take training very serious. I would be terrified.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2019, 06:11:36 AM »
While in my kitchen for hours, I listened to Oysters, Clams & Cockles: Season 8, Episode 5: The Bells, again. Yes, I heard about the book agreement. Wow!!!
@Spookcat , I wonder why GRRM came out with a statement that the books weren't done. What is up with that?
Yes, CBRN training is sobering. I handle stress with humor or music. I blame my Irish DNA.
I am happy to know that you will have your “quiet” sister with you as you was watch THE END. I did not know that there was a GoT cookbook. LOL!
Oh no, your hubby may have to travel to those dangerous areas> I hope not. Most men ans women in that line of work, take training very serious. I would be terrified.

Probably because it was one of the shows actors who started talking about it.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-winds-of-winter-release-date-rumour-a8912681.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0D5WDdl5LuUaJ8U84-bIc9hrcrfLgSsbh8TatFHcmc9Jmh4cWVB8bJrBA#Echobox=1557823444

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »
Oh I liked this.

I cannot wait til it is safe to go back to Freefolk on Reddit.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2019, 06:56:00 AM »
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-fan-petition-remake-season-8-1203217025/

Someone has started a petition calling for HBO to redo season 8.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-fan-petition-remake-season-8-1203217025/

Someone has started a petition calling for HBO to redo season 8.
WOW WOW WOW.
I just signed the petition. After Episode 3 on Season 8, I gave up hope on a satisfying end. D&D were in over their heads.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers?source_location=discover_feed

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2019, 11:52:04 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2019, 04:54:12 AM »
Final Episode Spoiler....

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2019, 03:16:37 AM »

So there is supposedly 4 different ending that have been filmed.

Imagine if eps were sent out to different streaming partners/TV companies with different endings.

HBO gets version 1
Sky gets Version two

Social Media would explode with the resultant simulcast!

Chaos is a ladder....
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2019, 03:40:18 AM »

So there is supposedly 4 different ending that have been filmed.

Imagine if eps were sent out to different streaming partners/TV companies with different endings.

HBO gets version 1
Sky gets Version two

Social Media would explode with the resultant simulcast!

Chaos is a ladder....

I'm curious whether we will see anymore from Jaqen. Does Arya still owe a name?